Surround sound on Virgin Media Tivi Box not working through HDMI passthrough

Discus and support Surround sound on Virgin Media Tivi Box not working through HDMI passthrough in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I have just replaced my sky box with a Virgin Media Tivo Box With Sky I had full surround sound through HDMI passthrough, but with this box... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jolley-42622C5B-6CC0-48F1-8EB6-D35CEF2C6F7E, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Surround sound on Virgin Media Tivi Box not working through HDMI passthrough

Hi Guys,

I have just replaced my sky box with a Virgin Media Tivo Box

With Sky I had full surround sound through HDMI passthrough, but with this box i only get 2.0

Setup is Tivo-> Xbox One ->optical out to LG Surround Sound

Anyone else had similar? Is there a magic setting to set!

:)

Jolley-42622C5B-6CC0-48F1-8EB6-D35CEF2C6F7E, Nov 22, 2014
  2. STEMBOB
    STEMBOB Guest
    No Xbox One audio through Sony Surround receiver only get Sky Tv audio?But i can through the tv.

No Xbox One audio through Sony Surround receiver only get Sky Tv audio?But i can through the tv.

Can anyone help?

Am i missing something in settings . I have my sky+hd box on hdmi passthrough and an optical lead from xbox one to my surround sound system.then hdmi back from xbox to tv.i can get my xbox audio through tv but not through my sound system.

STEMBOB, Nov 22, 2014
  3. LennoxDaCat
    LennoxDaCat Guest
    5.1 setup HDMI not working...

Hi, I'm not familiar with the Xfinity box but I did find the link below. Whether it's an issue with the Xfinity box itself I'm not sure. Is there a setting on the Xfnity box to enable surround sound on the optical input ?

Solved: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound - Xfinity Help and Support Forums - 1776156

Your cabling looks fine from your description.

Also bear in mind that not all programs are broadcast in surround sound, many use stereo only so that may be adding to the equation.

As you're using the optical audio output on the Xbox you may as well turn HDMI audio off totally, the audio from both the Xbox and your Xfinity box should then be routed through the optical cable only. I have a very similar setup but being in the UK I use
    a Virgin Media Tivo. I have HDMI audio off and things seem to be working fine.

LennoxDaCat, Nov 22, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Surround sound on Virgin Media Tivi Box not working through HDMI passthrough