Surfacebook 2, Xbox App Server Connectivity: Blocked

Discus and support Surfacebook 2, Xbox App Server Connectivity: Blocked in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; So I am trying to use the Xbox app on my Surface Book 2. However under Xbox Multiplayer is says the following NAT Type: Secure Server... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by CryBloodwing, Sep 9, 2018.

1. CryBloodwing
    CryBloodwing Guest

So I am trying to use the Xbox app on my Surface Book 2. However under Xbox Multiplayer is says the following

NAT Type: Secure

Server Connectivity: Blocked. This may impace your ability to play multiplayer games.

I am unable to chat in party through the app because of this.

I have looked through the trouble shooting in support, but nothing has worked. I have heard of a Teredo Adapter, but I have been unable to wind it on this computer.

When I switch to another wifi available at my house, it says

NAT Type: Teredo is unable to qualify.

Server Connectivity: Blocked

This was a problem on my Xbox One a few years ago and we had some IT guy who installed all of the TVs, Wifi, etc at our house look at it. He was able to fix it by changing something with the IP address or something similar on the Xbox I think.

I think he did a manual DNS.

How can I fix this problem on the Surface Book?

I also have never used Windows before so I am not used to the controls yet and where stuff is located.

Moved from: Surface / Surface Book 2 / Wi-Fi and Internet

:)

CryBloodwing, Sep 9, 2018
  2. server connectivity BLOCKED

Hello,

I Was trying to play a multiplayer game on the XBOX windows 10 app, and it said i couldn't join.

I checked the network settings and it said that the server connectivity was blocked, i followed the guide that

XBOX posted, i followed it all step by step, but everything was fine, and somehow the server connectivity was blocked..

My internet is good, up and going. I Use McAfee protection, And I've had this laptop for about 2 months.

x64BitPokemonx, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Jomari Arc
    Jomari Arc Guest
    server connectivity

Hi,

To isolate server connectivity issues, here is a
    link
    on how to troubleshoot blocked Xbox app server.

Keep us in the loop.

regards.

Jomari Arc, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Surfacebook 2, Xbox App Server Connectivity: Blocked

Can you try disabling your firewall, to see if this is blocking the connection, if it works, you will need to add an exception to allow the XBOX APP access to the internet.

DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P, Sep 9, 2018
  5. CryBloodwing
    CryBloodwing Guest
    I tried that and nothing changed. I think it has something to do with the wifi and needing to make a manual thing. Because the same problem happened on the Xbox which did not have the Window's firewall...However the Xbox app on my iPhone works fine and does
    not have this problem, same as my Macbook....I also get no problem on my college's wifi. It is a strict NAT type, but the Server Connectivity is connected.

Is there a way to add a manual DNS to the computer's wifi maybe? Like how I fixed the problem on Xbox?

CryBloodwing, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: