Surface Book 2: Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows: Code 54

Discus and support Surface Book 2: Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows: Code 54 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, I was directed to post here (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/forum/surfbook2-surfupdate/xbox-adapter-for-windows-code...) The Surface... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Sean Cross, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Sean Cross
    Sean Cross Guest

Hi,

I was directed to post here (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/forum/surfbook2-surfupdate/xbox-adapter-for-windows-code...)

The Surface Book 2 comes with a built-in Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows. Whenever my Surface Book 2 actually goes to sleep (i.e. I need to press the power button to wake it up), the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows goes into a "Code 54" state where
    the only way I've found to fix it is to reboot.

How can I prevent this device from going into a Code 54 state, so I can avoid rebooting whenever I want to use an Xbox One controller?

:)

Sean Cross, Apr 20, 2018
  2. IndieRock
    IndieRock Guest
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows Begins Shipping Today

Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows Begins Shipping Today - Xbox Wire

Surface Book 2: Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows: Code 54 [​IMG]

In June, we announced the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows as part of our commitment for designing Xbox accessories to support both Xbox and Windows. Today, we’re excited to share that we’ve started to ship to retailers in most markets around the world, including the U.S.

With the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows, you’ll simply plug the Adapter into the USB 2.0 or 3.0 port of your Windows 10 PC laptop or tablet and bind the Adapter to your Wireless Controller to enable the same gaming experience you’re used to on Xbox One, including in-game chat and high-quality stereo audio. The Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows accommodates up to eight controllers per unit, and up to four chat headsets or two stereo headsets.

If you haven’t had a chance to try game streaming just yet, check out these step-by-step instructions. And be sure to try some of this year’s blockbuster games with built-in controller support including Gears of War: Ultimate Edition, Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta, andFable Legends.

The Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows will be available for $24.99 USD (MSRP) or bundled with an Xbox One Wireless Controller for $79.95 USD (MSRP).

IndieRock, Apr 20, 2018
  3. Xbox streams to Laptop ok but can't control it remotely with wireless remote

I just got a new surface book at xmas and bought a wireless controller at the MS store at the mall. I paired my wireless remote to my surface book and I'm able to connect to my xbox (I can a mirror image of my xbox but I'm unable to control my console remotely
    and play any games. I'm guessing there is something simple that I'm missing here.

This is in my house and both devices are using the same wireless network. The remote I bought is paired to the surface book. Any suggestions?

nooner marine, Apr 20, 2018
  4. Surface Book 2: Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows: Code 54

Hi there!

After checking out the thread you shared it seems unfortunately the Moderator did not understand the issue fully.

We recommend posting a new thread or reaching out to the
    Windows team directly
    as this is a hardware issues for the Surface Book.

We wish you the best with that!

Mister Getafix, Apr 21, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: