Support for game streaming across subnets/VLANs

Discus and support Support for game streaming across subnets/VLANs in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Until the March public update, you could game stream across subnets and routed networks if you knew the remote IP address and no firewalls or ACLs were... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/racingsnake91, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Support for game streaming across subnets/VLANs

Until the March public update, you could game stream across subnets and routed networks if you knew the remote IP address and no firewalls or ACLs were in the way to prevent the traffic. Now, the xbox app on windows 10 doesn't even connect to the console. This feels like it may have been a purposeful regression in advance of xCloud, but i'd really like to see support restored. There are many, many places where you can't have both devices on the same subnet.

I know this isn't directly insider related as the issue has now made it to public release, but i thought it's more likely someone here may know why this feature was removed/restriction added?

submitted by /u/racingsnake91
    [link] [comments]

/u/racingsnake91, Jun 20, 2019
  2. phasedetect Win User

Xbox on different subnets cannot access xbox app or other apps

This did not work. Does xbox have an issue communicating between different subnets/vlans?
  3. Wadski Win User

Ethernet cable

Do you have permission from your office to do this? You may need to check with your IT team to confirm that they arent using vlan or subnetting off unknown devices.

In my office the Xbox would be dumped onto a restricted vlan and as such you'd have no access to it and it would have no access anywhere.
  4. williedoyle1567 Win User

Ethernet cable

Do you have permission from your office to do this? You may need to check with your IT team to confirm that they arent using vlan or subnetting off unknown devices.

In my office the Xbox would be dumped onto a restricted vlan and as such you'd have no access to it and it would have no access anywhere.
    It's my own office at my own company, I don't need IT's permission, considering we don't have an IT dept.
  5. matushorvath1 Win User

Xbox console companion app wont connect to Xbox one

XBOX and Computer do need to be on the same network / subnet.

e.g. mine Computer is on 192.168.1.x and XBOX is on 192.168.10.x > wont work (though the LAN/VLAN cross pass is allowed, other devices don't have issues - apart AirPrint@HP printer :) ).

did before, is not now..
  6. PalmettoBling Win User

xbox one and iphone app firewall ports

Thanks for the update That answers some questions, in that you're looking to connect the mobile app to the console.

Question now is what do you want? Do you want to isolate the Xbox as you have or do you want to be able to connect to it across VLANs?

I could try to find the ports for the app, but you seem to have identified that with port 5050. So either you keep the devices isolated and keep blocking traffic between, you move the phone to the same VLAN to allow the connection , or you had a higher priority
    rule to allow 5050 traffic between the default VLAN and VLAN 20.

Seems like your router is performing UPNP for the console, and VLAN 20 outbound, but testing your custom rules as a higher priority and blocking all traffic between a identified, nor treating UPNP as lateral translation.

So I know what you're trying to do, now, but I don't know what your question is.
Thema:

Support for game streaming across subnets/VLANs

1. Support for game streaming across subnets/VLANs - Similar Threads - Support game streaming

2. Can Xbox Game Bar use the iGPU for encoding if the dGPU doesn't support it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can Xbox Game Bar use the iGPU for encoding if the dGPU doesn't support it?: Greetings all, I'm thinking of buying a GPU (the RX 6400) for a build, but I'm being devastated by the caveat of the 6400 not having any encoding support. I use Game Bar to record quite...
  3. Get To Know Our Team: Evie - Game Release Support Manager

in XboX Insiders
    Get To Know Our Team: Evie - Game Release Support Manager: [IMG] submitted by /u/wynnXIP [link] [comments]
  4. I paid money for my new username and it doesn't work it says it doesn't support in games...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I paid money for my new username and it doesn't work it says it doesn't support in games...: My Xbox username is Cloudzdamian b64cefe0-8379-4593-a075-a07f3c54ee60
  5. Did xbox live stop support for 360 games like Borderlands 2?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Did xbox live stop support for 360 games like Borderlands 2?: I recently beaten the game and came back a few days later to find that I can't connect to xbox live for some reason playing a 360 game but I dont have a problem with xbox live playing a newer game...
  6. Does Xbox cloud gaming support 2 controllers at the same time?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does Xbox cloud gaming support 2 controllers at the same time?: Trying to play fifa with my friend but I don’t know if xcloud supports local multiplayer 88b5b1ae-62bd-49b2-a5b2-989de4c9b409
  7. Why do so few games support the modern gamertag system?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do so few games support the modern gamertag system?: I changed my gamertag to something that was already taken, and I was under the impression that in games from before the change my gamertag would appear like "name1234" but going forward it would...
  8. After so many years, why is xbox cloud gaming still in beta and doesn't have support from...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After so many years, why is xbox cloud gaming still in beta and doesn't have support from...: Question posed above. While it's a great concept, with many people going to digital copies with minimal storage on the new consoles. Why is the cloud gaming still so poor? Servers need a massive...
  9. if i get achievements from 360 games on a 360 console that the one no longer supports, will...

in XBoX Accessibility
    if i get achievements from 360 games on a 360 console that the one no longer supports, will...: i was just wondering this because there's some older games i wanna try but i thought i should ask before i bought a 360 728d4be7-55ba-429d-a1a0-638b574d3fe0
  10. Xbox series X does not support streaming ROBLOX games

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox series X does not support streaming ROBLOX games: i have tried to stream roblox on my xbox series x and it closes the stream or goes black when i enter a game, i have tried starting up the stream while in the lobby and while in the main menu, my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox remote play vlans