Summer update broke Media Remote control

Discus and support Summer update broke Media Remote control in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So my Xbox sends volume control signals to a Vizio soundbar via the IR-out port. Since the Summer update, however, single-button presses on the Media... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ian Patterson, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Summer update broke Media Remote control

So my Xbox sends volume control signals to a Vizio soundbar via the IR-out port.

Since the Summer update, however, single-button presses on the Media Remote no longer get sent to the soundbar. So basically mute and adjusting the volume by one unit have stopped working.

Any idea what went wrong? Can I fix it?

:)

Ian Patterson, Aug 10, 2016
  2. DrabberFive2
    DrabberFive2 Guest
    System automatically turns on with tv!?!?!?!?!

turn remote control on the xbox to xbox media remote only

DrabberFive2, Aug 10, 2016
  3. Having trouble getting the new Xbox 360 Media Remote to work with my Xbox 360 console.

Update to my last post:

If you have the current version of the Xbox 360 Dashboard, follow this command path -- System Settings > Console Settings > Remote Control

You will see 2 options listed: "Both Remotes" (allows you to use either the Xbox 360 Media Remote or a Windows Media Center Remote) and "Xbox 360 Media Remote" (sets the system to accept input from only an Official Xbox 360 Media Remote, or an Officially Licensed
    3rd party equivalent.) Make sure your system is set to "Xbox 360 Media Remote" then exit out of the System Settings menus and try the remote again.

I hope that helps. Summer update broke Media Remote control :)

Jack T. Chance, Aug 10, 2016
  4. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest

Hey there Iffy Logic!

Sorry to hear about the trouble with your Media Remote. Have you had a chance to try running through OneGuide set up again? To make changes to OneGuide and your TV setup check out this

OneGuide Troubleshooter
    and let us know how it goes.

Mister Maka, Aug 11, 2016
  5. B.C.CA
    B.C.CA Guest
    I'm having the same problem. Tried 2 different sound bars. No longer works with Sony Soundbar or Samsung Soundbar.

B.C.CA, Aug 12, 2016
  6. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest
    Heya BryanTheCrow.

Sorry to hear the trouble! If you haven't already, please run through the steps in the troubleshooter I posted above. If you're still having trouble controller your soundbar please create a new thread and let us know. Thanks!

Mister Maka, Aug 15, 2016
  7. I ran through OneGuide's setup again and went through the troubleshooter, neither solved the problem.

Ian Patterson, Aug 20, 2016
  8. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest

Thanks for giving that a go Iffy Logic!

Apologies for the delay. To check, what does your current audio set up look like with your soundbar? Is plugged directly into your Xbox One via Optical Audio or do you have it outputting from your television? If you haven't tried a direct console connection,
    is there any way to give that a try? Let us know Summer update broke Media Remote control :)

Mister Maka, Aug 26, 2016
  9. Hi again, no worries!

The Xbox One is indeed plugged directly into the soundbar via optical cable.

Ian Patterson, Aug 26, 2016
  10. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest
    Hey dude!

Thanks again for the update on your current setup. Are you currently part of the Xbox One Preview Update? If you're currently receiving preview updates let's have you head over to the
    Xbox One Update Preview Forums, where they can best help out with issues such as this. Be sure to access those forums from the account that originally accepted the Preview Access.

Keep us in the loop with what's up.

Mister Maka, Aug 29, 2016
  11. I'm not part of the preview program. D:

Is it possible that this is an actual bug with the Summer update? Maybe it needs patching.

Ian Patterson, Sep 2, 2016
  12. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest
    Hey again Iffy Logic!

Can you clarify which version of the Xbox One OS your console is running on? For details on your system OS follow the steps on

this page
    . Thanks for taking a look for us!

Mister Maka, Oct 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: