Suggestion | Left/Right Channel Balance

Discus and support Suggestion | Left/Right Channel Balance in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I have slight hearing loss and I was wondering/suggesting a Left/Right channel balance like there is on Windows. For a company that parades... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by David Tate1, May 31, 2024.

1. David Tate1
    David Tate1 Guest

Hello,

I have slight hearing loss and I was wondering/suggesting a Left/Right channel balance like there is on Windows. For a company that parades its forwardness towards people with disabilities, I feel like a simple feature like this would do wonders for those of us with slight or even major hearing loss. However, if this feature were to be implemented there is one important point that needs to be remembered. If you were to use the left/right balance on PC, it works IF you don't mess with the volume. As soon as you change the volume, especially by large percentages, the audio will become unbalanced again and you will have to keep fiddling with the setting. So, if a L/R channel balance feature were to be implemented it would need to utilize just a tiny portion of the CPU to correct for this like how Equalizer APO does on PC. And naturally, this setting would fall under the audio tab so you can easily access it.

Thank you,

David

:)

David Tate1, May 31, 2024
  2. Zacabeb Win User

Audio output setting

That is correct. With 2.0 input, Pro Logic IIz decodes like Pro Logic II (similarities into the center, differences into the surrounds) and steers non-directional sound into the height channels.

The method used in Pro Logic II is taking two signals - either the left and right inputs or their sum and difference - and balancing them in level so that the average level of the louder one matches the average level of the softer one. The results are then
    added or subtracted to produce the output.

So for the center channel for instance, the left and right channels are adjusted so that the overall louder one of the two is reduced to the same average level as the other, then they are simply added together. This leaves all similarities between left and
    right coming out the center channel, while uniquities between them diminishing the more unique they are, and differences cancelling each other out. Likewise, for the left and right outputs uniquities are extracted while similarities and differences between
    the input left and right diminish.

As a sound travels from left to right, it will start appearing from the center output while diminishing in the left output, then momentarily come from only the center output, and start appearing in the right output as it diminishes in the center output.

So Pro Logic II basically "splices" the sound into the outputs based on the relationship between the input channels. One of the drawbacks is that similarities and differences between unrelated sounds tend to get extracted into the wrong outputs, hence the "magic
    surround" effect and slight instability of the sound field with 2.0 input.

I don't know the specific method it uses for extracting the height channels in 2.0, but I assume that it simply lifts the front outputs into the height channels a bit when sound appears to be non-directional (the left-right and sum-difference axes of the inputs
    both averaging out in level).
  3. apna style Win User

Weapons Balance.

fmg left hand + fmg right hand = balance
  4. Magaman-8B232765-380 Win User

Need serious help with Audio settings please

The issue is your tv is unable to decode the 5.1 over HDMI. There are 5 channels of audio plus 1 channel for subwoofer they go in this order (Left, right, center, Surround Left, Surround Right). Since your TV is only stereo it's only playing channels 1 and
    2, left and right, and commentary is obviously on channel 3 center. Some TV can Downmix, where they take all 5 channels and mix them into 2 stereo channels.

What I would do is set the HDMI back to Stereo so you get the correct 2 channels of audio(the Xbox does the downmix) and then since you are using optical to your surround sound system, set optical to Bitstream and DD 5.1 or DTS is your system supports it.
  5. BurningRevolver Win User

Too Human question

I think that you need to alternate between moving the left stick left and right to balance, then you'll get to attack the head of it.
  6. Delta4 SJ Win User

Audio surround sound question

The RCA will give you pro-logic surround, which means the rear channels are mono instead of left/right.
Thema:

1. Suggestion | Left/Right Channel Balance - Similar Threads - Suggestion Left Right

2. Upnp not working even after suggested steps

in XBoX on Consoles
    Upnp not working even after suggested steps: My upnp worn work no matter the steps I do and I'm not sure what to do the only thing I haven't tried is port forwarding but I'm not sure that would work without upnp...
  3. I suggest there be a way to report party chat voice communicatio

in XboX Insiders
    I suggest there be a way to report party chat voice communicatio: I suggest there be a way to report party chat voice communication. There is a way to report in-game voice communication, but not party chat. I have the Series X, when in party there is no option...
  4. New Message Notification Feature Suggestion.

in XboX Insiders
    New Message Notification Feature Suggestion.: Favorited friends messages come through in preview or possibly in full instead of a default xbox notification, double tap xbox guide button or hold to quick respond instead of opening the message...
  5. suggestion

in XBoX on Consoles
    suggestion: "I suggest adding a feature where users can link an email to their backup account. In case their account gets banned or hacked, they can claim their belongings such as games or subscriptions on...
  6. Xbox pre made GamerPic suggestions

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox pre made GamerPic suggestions: Should add a American flag heart to the pre made GamerPic (avatar) inventory. submitted by /u/TemporaryFair5372 [link] [comments]
  7. Xbox GamePass games suggestions

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox GamePass games suggestions: What games do you like to be added into xbox gamepass For me i think the best games that could be added is call of duty , carx drift racing , and crash series let me hear your thoughts...
  8. SideBar costume suggestion PLS LOOK

in XboX Insiders
    SideBar costume suggestion PLS LOOK: Ca you make it so you can customize you side bar solid colours or game backgrounds maybe characters like masterchief or batman etc. I love you console <3 submitted by /u/That-Ad-4006 [link]...
  9. Minecraft java edition suggestion?

in XboX Insiders
    Minecraft java edition suggestion?: Please add a way to add friends in minecraft java edition it would be way easier playing with friends in java edition without having to create a server. now there i am a dummy dum dum and i might...
  10. My Xbox clips are choppy and I've tried some suggestions and they don't work at all

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox clips are choppy and I've tried some suggestions and they don't work at all: So I've tried bumping up my resolution and that doesn't seem to work and I've tried to keep it at 1440 and that doesn't seem to work and I don't know what to do now....