Suddenly can't chat on minecraft bedrock

Discus and support Suddenly can't chat on minecraft bedrock in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've recently discovered that my messages aren't going through in my realm's chat. It will show up on my screen like normal but my friends don't seem... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TheTikiMann, Jul 23, 2022.

1. TheTikiMann
    TheTikiMann Guest

I've recently discovered that my messages aren't going through in my realm's chat. It will show up on my screen like normal but my friends don't seem to see it, on top of that I've realized I can't Name anything using anvils, can't write in book n quills, as well as not being able to use command blocks. All of these issues look like they're working but then once I click done button it wipes all my messages. This is the first time in 3 years this has happened to me and I'm confused on how I can resolve this issue.

:)

TheTikiMann, Jul 23, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this TheTikiMann

Where are you experiencing this, on PC or console?

And, is this happening only when you're on realms?

Are you able to test this using a regular world or playing with a friend in your world?

Also, please tell me which troubleshooting steps you have done so far to fix this

I'll be waiting for your reply, greetings from a Microsoft user
  3. TheTikiMann Win User

I'm experiencing this on PC.
    Seems to only happen on Realms.

I've checked my Privacy settings just to be sure everything was allowed and it was.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thanks, are you able to check if this happens on every realm? or is one specifically?

And, are you able to see messages from other players in the chat?

In the meantime, try this:

First uninstall actual minecraft launcher (Don't forget to backup worlds just in case)

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available (Install optional updates as well)

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services and update everything too.

Now, sign out from your account on both Xbox app and Microsoft Store and do this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Finally do this:

Step 1: Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R key.

Step 2: Input WSReset.exe in the Run window and click OK.

Step 3: Then a command prompt window will appear. After a few seconds, Windows Store will open.

Sign in again on both Microsoft store and Xbox app with your account and install minecraft launcher , give it a new try
  5. Mikeysoonerfan Win User

Cant chat

Why is my Minecraft chat not working?

To fix the 'Can't chat in Minecraft” error, go to Options > Chat settings and change the settings from Command Only to Shown. This will let you talk and share your thoughts
    with all the other creative Minecraft players. If chat is still unavailable, disconnect from the game and then enable the connection again. Also a way to fix is hard resetting your game by quitting out of the game launching
    another and then quit that, turn off Xbox, and unplug it. Let it set for 10 then try again.
    In the newest update to bedrock these options are no longer there. As the UI has changed for Minecraft bedrock edition.
  6. GetOuttaMyTree Win User

I can't chat on Minecraft bedrock

Hi bubbybumble,

Please try one of the following to see if it fixes your issues:

Manage settings from Xbox.com To change privacy and safety settings for you or a child

1. Sign in to the adult's Microsoft account.
    2. If you’ve forgotten your account email address or password, see the Lost Account Solution or the Lost
      Password Solution
    3. To change settings for yourself, continue to step 5.
    4. To change settings for a child, choose the gamertag for your child's account.
    5. Select the tab for Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety or Privacy. Review the current settings and update any that you want to change.
    6. Select Save before leaving or switching to another tab. If you don't save the changes before you move to the other tab, your changes won't be saved.
    7. If you changed settings for your child, have them sign in and then sign out of their account to make the changes take effect.

Manage settings from your Xbox One console To change privacy and safety settings for your account
    1. Sign in to your Xbox.
    2. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide, then go to System > Settings > Account.
    3. Under Privacy & online safety, select Xbox Live privacy.
    4. Choose a default or customize your settings by selecting View details & customize.
    To change privacy and safety settings for a child’s account
    1. Sign in to your Xbox.
    2. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide, then go to System > Settings > Account.
    3. Under Account, select Family settings > Manage family members.
    4. Select the child whose settings you want to update.
    5. Select Privacy & online safety, then choose default settings or customize by selecting View details & customize.
    Manage app privacy settings
    When you download apps from the Microsoft Store, each app requires permission to access data from your console.

1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide, then go to System > Settings > Account > Privacy & online safety > App privacy.
    2. Give permission by selecting the check boxes next to your apps.
    If you’re signed in with a child account, you’ll need an adult to sign in and give permission for apps to access your data.

1. Sign in with an adult account.
    2. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide, then go to System > Settings > Account > Family settings > Manage family members.
    3. Select a child’s gamertag, then go to Privacy & online safety > App privacy to give permissions.
Thema:

1. Suddenly can't chat on minecraft bedrock - Similar Threads - Suddenly can't chat

2. I had minecraft for a while and now I suddenly can't play Java, it's asking for me to buy...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I had minecraft for a while and now I suddenly can't play Java, it's asking for me to buy...: I am trying to play Minecraft and it said before "you don't have gold/core" so I get it and now it says that I don't own the game. Meanwhile, I do. I need some clarification because I refuse to...
  3. I can't join any Discord server calls on my Xbox series X, it suddenly stopped working. How...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't join any Discord server calls on my Xbox series X, it suddenly stopped working. How...: I have seen forum posts regarding this bug and it has still not been resolved since about April. After I try and join a voice channel using Discord on my Xbox from any server, it loads for a while...
  4. I can't sign in to xbox network on my series s. Use to work, but stop all of a sudden.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't sign in to xbox network on my series s. Use to work, but stop all of a sudden.: The sign in comes up and keeps spinning till it returns to the previous screen. Tried reseting the console but that didn't help. a2ed0e4c-f362-4df5-922a-2d3d9c457fd0
  5. Hi why all of a sudden I can't sign in to my account on xbox one when playing world at war...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi why all of a sudden I can't sign in to my account on xbox one when playing world at war...: Hi recently i cannot sign into to my xbox one account when I'm trying to play world at war with the disk I have installed ' before everything was ok could play all games on it I know it is...
  6. Suddenly I can't save games with 100s of GB of space in ALL games on XBSX

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Suddenly I can't save games with 100s of GB of space in ALL games on XBSX: Xbox you really need to look into this or give the consumer a legitimate response as to why this happening. This is now the 7th maybe 8th time I've dealt with this. The Xbox suddenly decides it...
  7. My Xbox 360 all of a sudden can't connect to xbox live. Every character cannot sign in. It...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 all of a sudden can't connect to xbox live. Every character cannot sign in. It...: Hello all. My Xbox 360 all of a sudden can't connect to xbox live. No characters can sign in. The Xbox is connected to the internet but always fails the Xbox live connection test. Our other Xbox...
  8. All of the sudden I can't get on my network

in XBoX on Consoles
    All of the sudden I can't get on my network: Late last night I turned on my XBox only to find out I could not get online. It had worked fine a few hours earlier. I reset my modem several times but it did not help. I 'set up a new network',...
  9. I am suddenly geting a "this app can't open" message when I try to start MSFS 2020

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am suddenly geting a "this app can't open" message when I try to start MSFS 2020: Microsft store does not seem to work correctly. xbox app sometimes will not open, and when it does MSFS does not appear in the app (or in the store). Also if it does open it says it neeed to...
  10. My XBox PC app suddenly stopped responding after two years and I can't access my Gamepass...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My XBox PC app suddenly stopped responding after two years and I can't access my Gamepass...: In the last few hours of trying to find solutions I have discovered that the issue is coming from some way that the Gaming Services app interacts with the XBox app. I have tried a great number of...