Sudden packet loss spikes between 1 PM-7 PM PDT

Discus and support Sudden packet loss spikes between 1 PM-7 PM PDT in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For the past week I've suddenly run into problems playing online games from midday to evening, I wouldn't even know it was a packet loss issue if it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lady Tatsu, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Lady Tatsu
    Lady Tatsu Guest

For the past week I've suddenly run into problems playing online games from midday to evening, I wouldn't even know it was a packet loss issue if it weren't for Destiny 2 giving me a whole zoo of error codes, I've played different online games for years
    in the same place with the same connection on the same Xbox without issue. At this point I've power cycled my Xbox One several times, reset my wifi, and done the Xbox's speed test multiple times. According to the speed test I should have no problems playing
    online games and the only thing I've noticed is that everyone few seconds my packet loss will go from 0% to 10%-57% I'm not sure what is causing this. Nothing changes in the hours I can play without issues to the hours I can't. My brother is farther away from
    the router playing on the Xbox 360 without issues and my other family members are streaming without issue, I'd have to cut through two walls and get a 30 foot cable to go to a wired connection so that is not an option. If anyone can provide a solution I'd
    be grateful.

:)

Lady Tatsu, Aug 13, 2018
  2. Miss Diggz
    Miss Diggz Guest
    Forza Horizon 2 on Xbox One FAQ

*** UPDATED 9/30/2014 1:07 PM PDT ***

Miss Diggz, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Amazon Gold Box Deals launched

Let's guess what those deals could be.

Gold Box Deals | Today's Deals - Amazon.com

Deal of the Day

Madden NFL 13 - $39.99

6:00 AM PDT

Hold on to your controller and don't get a black eye.

8:00 AM PDT

Trick or Treat. Get this ghostly game a month before Halloween.

10:00 AM PDT

Explore the streets on Hong Kong in this open world action game

1:00 PM PDT

Feel like you're right in the game with each action you take using this PS3 accessory.

4:00 PM PDT

Advanced Bluetooth gaming headset for Playstation 3

5:00 PM PDT

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes

8:00 PM PDT

Immerse yourself in dynamic surround sound while enjoying crystal-clear communication on the PlayStation Network

IntensiveLight0, Aug 13, 2018
  4. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest

M3tal Daz3, Aug 13, 2018
  5. Arminator
    Arminator Guest
    Since you say you are connected wirelessly through several walls, it's difficult to actually troubleshoot this issue, as there are a lot of things that can cause packet loss, when your connection was fine before.

Also that this seems to only happen between 1PM and 7PM might be a hint, that it's an issue caused by "outside" factors.

If you have a Cable or cellphone based internet like 3G/4G (compared to internet via phone line like DSL), be aware that Cable and cellphone based broadband is a "shared medium", which means, the more people in your neighborhood are using the same cable
    trunk or connect to the same cellphone tower, the slower and less reliable the internet connection gets. With DSL, you get your own "private" connection only for yourself, and no one else is on that line.

Or it might be, that between 1 and 7, a neighbor has put a baby to sleep, and turned on a wireless baby monitor, and the wireless signal interferes with your WiFi network.

While running a 30 foot cable is not a good solution for you, you might want to look into homeplug network adapters, where the power lines in your home become a wired network. For example
    Devolo (there are other makers of these home plugs as well) makes network plugs that go into your wall outlet. So if you put such an adapter near your router, and connect a network cable to it from the router,
    this adapter "injects" network signals into your home's electrical wiring.

Then plug another adapter into an outlet near your console, connect a network cable to that, and you have a stable, wired connection.

Arminator, Nov 3, 2018
  6. Arminator Win User

Since you say you are connected wirelessly through several walls, it's difficult to actually troubleshoot this issue, as there are a lot of things that can cause packet loss, when your connection was fine before.

Also that this seems to only happen between 1PM and 7PM might be a hint, that it's an issue caused by "outside" factors.

If you have a Cable or cellphone based internet like 3G/4G (compared to internet via phone line like DSL), be aware that Cable and cellphone based broadband is a "shared medium", which means, the more people in your neighborhood are using the same cable
    trunk or connect to the same cellphone tower, the slower and less reliable the internet connection gets. With DSL, you get your own "private" connection only for yourself, and no one else is on that line.

Or it might be, that between 1 and 7, a neighbor has put a baby to sleep, and turned on a wireless baby monitor, and the wireless signal interferes with your WiFi network.

While running a 30 foot cable is not a good solution for you, you might want to look into homeplug network adapters, where the power lines in your home become a wired network. For example
    Devolo (there are other makers of these home plugs as well) makes network plugs that go into your wall outlet. So if you put such an adapter near your router, and connect a network cable to it from the router,
    this adapter "injects" network signals into your home's electrical wiring.

Then plug another adapter into an outlet near your console, connect a network cable to that, and you have a stable, wired connection.
  7. M3tal Daz3 Win User

8. Miss Diggz Win User

Forza Horizon 2 on Xbox One FAQ

*** UPDATED 9/30/2014 1:07 PM PDT ***
  9. Shadow Stycon Win User

Network cuts out in the middle of a game

Figured out that packet loss is USUALLY fine but every 15 mins or so, the packet loss percentage spikes to 75% for about 1 minute. I think it is my Xbox itself, because this hides not happen on any other device.
  10. Watch7ower Win User

Battlefield 4 Beta release times(uk)

There is no code, the beta client will be made available in the marketplace and ready for use (provided you have early access). It should be up for download between 2-6 AM (PDT), so that's somewhere between 10 AM - 2 PM GMT.
Thema:

1. Sudden packet loss spikes between 1 PM-7 PM PDT - Similar Threads - Sudden packet loss

2. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  3. My Hp omen 17's camera stopped working all of a sudden.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Hp omen 17's camera stopped working all of a sudden.: Hello, I was trying to call someone on discord and the camera wasn't working so i checked if it was working anywhere else and it consistently does this thing where it just shows an icon of a...
  4. Why are my games and apps suddenly not working on my Xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are my games and apps suddenly not working on my Xbox series s: All games and apps stopped working. Recently did a hard reset trying to fix controller issues and now none of my apps and games are working. Which is odd because earlier today they were working...
  5. Stealth™ 600 Gen 2 USB Headset Suddenly stopped responding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stealth™ 600 Gen 2 USB Headset Suddenly stopped responding: So my Stealth™ 600 Gen 2 USB Headset, midgame just stopped working. I’ve been using it for about a year and no problems till now. All of a sudden the sound stopped coming through and no...
  6. My xbox controller suddenly lost connection with the xbox series x console

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox controller suddenly lost connection with the xbox series x console: At some point, when I tried to turn on the console using the controller, as usual, I noticed that the console would not turn on, and the xbox indicator on the controller began to blink slowly. I...
  7. How do I fix sudden and permanent 100% packet loss on my Xbox X console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix sudden and permanent 100% packet loss on my Xbox X console?: I just bought the new Xbox series x console about 2 weeks ago. I had had no previous issues with packet loss. I was in the middle of playing a game with a large group of friends a couple hours in...
  8. Mysterious sudden 83% packet loss, but no problems with VPN or different ISP

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mysterious sudden 83% packet loss, but no problems with VPN or different ISP: Hi! We are wondering what is going on here: It started 3 weeks ago. Before that eveything was ok. But suddenly we had constant 83% packet loss, sometimes even 100%, but mostly exactly 83%. The...
  9. NAT problems / sudden packet loss

in XBoX on Consoles
    NAT problems / sudden packet loss: My NAT is constantly switching between open and moderate, which makes playing with friends sometimes difficult. Sometime have trouble connecting to parties and lobbies. I play a decent amount of...
  10. NAT problems / sudden packet loss

in XBoX on Consoles
    NAT problems / sudden packet loss: My NAT is constantly switching between open and moderate, which makes playing with friends somewhat difficult. Sometimes have trouble connecting to parties and lobbies. I play a decent amount of...