Sudden loss of online gaming capability …

Discus and support Sudden loss of online gaming capability … in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; We, my wife and I, bought two xbox ones on day one — and since that time have been enjoying fantastic online gaming — Minecraft — COD Ghosts —... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WIREMONKEY, Nov 1, 2014.

1. WIREMONKEY
    WIREMONKEY Guest

We, my wife and I, bought two xbox ones on day one — and since that time have been enjoying fantastic online gaming — Minecraft — COD Ghosts — Titanfall — and most recently
    Destiny.

This past week, for no apparent reason, periodically we have been getting “kicked out” of online Destiny play — with a notification stating, “lost connection with the server.”

However, this predicament did not stop us from rejoining the fire-team and continuing.

Additionally, from time to time, when we started playing, we would not be able to hear one another, but after a quick restart of the game (or machine) our ability to chat would return.

All this changed last night when, for no apparent reason, I was unable to connect to online play with any game. For the record, our other xbox one console can still play online fine (though her NAT is always moderate).

My xbox one is still wirelessly connected to the internet in some fashion, as I can watch trailers, see friends, and send and receive messages -- but when I try and launch any game, I'm told that "no internet connection is detected" -- and then, when I go
    to my network settings, I can clearly see "It's all good, you are connected to the internet."

However, there is no longer a listing showing any NAT status — in the place where the NAT status should appear, there is nothing -- below where the NAT rating would normally appear, it does says, "all services are available."

These things as they are, if I then run, "test multiplayer connection" -- I get, "Can't get a Teredo IP address" -- from there, if I check "Detailed network statistics" -- the NAT details states, "your network is behind a firewall (or not connected)".

The router is an Actiontec M1424WR -- and until last night, it's been able to handle us both playing online with chat.

As of this morning, I have done every trouble shooting suggestion I've been able to find -- all of which have involved changes and/or adjustments to the router via the internet.

I've set all firewall setting to the lowest allowed.

I've worked through all trouble shooting suggestions from xbox related to the Teredo IP address problem.

With regards to trouble shooting offered here:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4267/t/1621667.aspx

I have worked through every suggestion.

I have additionally prompted the actual router device to factory reset -- which affected no change.

With regards to opening ports -- triggering ports -- etc. I have tried everything I could find online and inside of the xbox one support -- however -- there is a lot of conflicting information out there -- so at the end of the day, basically returned the settings
    to what they've been in the past.

As is always the case with issues such as this, I've worked hard to remain relaxed and be methodical -- however, I'm running out of ideas -- other than to go out an buy a new router/gateway -- which I'd be interested in doing if I know it would service both
    boxes at ones -- if anyone has a suggestion on that question, I'd be keen to get any suggestions.

My provider is Verizon Fios.

Any help on any of this would be greatly appreciated -- we are avid gamers and truly enjoy the xbox one and all it has to offer, but I can't even think of anything more to try.

Thank you.

:)

WIREMONKEY, Nov 1, 2014
  2. Sudden loss of sound

I tried using a HDMI cable and the video kept cutting in and out. Switched back to the thing that was bundled with the xbox, whatever it's called, and right now I'm getting sound. But we'll see after some gameplay if the issue arises again.

Zer0 Zer0 0ne, Nov 1, 2014
  3. Sudden loss of sound

Do you have a different set of audio cables that you can try on the console?

Mister Fitzer, Nov 1, 2014
  4. dannypenfold
    dannypenfold Guest

Hello if this is to do with destiny keep kicking you out. Can you post in there forums thanks Sudden loss of online gaming capability … :)

dannypenfold, Nov 1, 2014
  5. WIREMONKEY
    WIREMONKEY Guest
    Dan,

No, this is not a Destiny question -- as I stated, this has to do with all xbox one games -- and the game console itself.

WIREMONKEY, Nov 1, 2014
  6. WIREMONKEY
    WIREMONKEY Guest
    As for Dan Pen 97 question -- please refer to this line of my original post:

*but when I try and launch any game, I'm told that "no internet connection is detected"

WIREMONKEY, Nov 1, 2014
  7. WIREMONKEY
    WIREMONKEY Guest
    Would anyone advise prompting my xbox back to factory settings?

WIREMONKEY, Nov 1, 2014
  8. Sudden loss of online gaming capability …

First - like I always say: Be sure you run the latest Firmware for your Router. If you have 2 xboxes you have to Use UPnP on your router that it can work correctly.

If you can get a teredo Adress you can't play - maybe your ISP changed something and blocks the Teredo Port?

If nothing helps I would do a Factory reset of the console and check if it helps.

Xx ROZILLA xX, Nov 2, 2014
  9. WIREMONKEY
    WIREMONKEY Guest
    Factory reset solved this problem and I am now able to game online again.

I haven't a clue as to what caused this problem to spring into existence, but hope this is the end of it.

Thanks out to Rozilla for the assist.

WIREMONKEY, Oct 31, 2018
  10. WIREMONKEY Win User

As for Dan Pen 97 question -- please refer to this line of my original post:

*but when I try and launch any game, I'm told that "no internet connection is detected"
  11. dannypenfold Win User

Hello if this is to do with destiny keep kicking you out. Can you post in there forums thanks :)
  12. WIREMONKEY Win User

Would anyone advise prompting my xbox back to factory settings?
  13. WIREMONKEY Win User

Dan,

No, this is not a Destiny question -- as I stated, this has to do with all xbox one games -- and the game console itself.
  14. WIREMONKEY Win User

Factory reset solved this problem and I am now able to game online again.

I haven't a clue as to what caused this problem to spring into existence, but hope this is the end of it.

Thanks out to Rozilla for the assist.
Thema:

1. Sudden loss of online gaming capability … - Similar Threads - Sudden loss online

2. How do I fix sudden and permanent 100% packet loss on my Xbox X console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix sudden and permanent 100% packet loss on my Xbox X console?: I just bought the new Xbox series x console about 2 weeks ago. I had had no previous issues with packet loss. I was in the middle of playing a game with a large group of friends a couple hours in...
  3. Gears of War Judgement sudden data loss

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of War Judgement sudden data loss: REPOST: I have an urgent question. I have an Xbox 360 slim and I have been playing Gears of War: Judgement on it for about 2 years now. I came home today, logged on my Xbox, and started Judgement....
  4. Gears of War Judgement: Sudden data loss

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of War Judgement: Sudden data loss: I have an urgent question. I have an Xbox 360 slim and I have been playing Gears of War: Judgement on it for about 2 years now. I came home today, logged on my Xbox, and started Judgement. When I...
  5. Sudden loss of all sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sudden loss of all sound: My Xbox has stopped playing sound through my TV whilst watching the Disney+ app, although it will still play sound through my Astro gaming headset connected via an optical cable. I have reset...
  6. Sudden packet loss spikes between 1 PM-7 PM PDT

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sudden packet loss spikes between 1 PM-7 PM PDT: For the past week I've suddenly run into problems playing online games from midday to evening, I wouldn't even know it was a packet loss issue if it weren't for Destiny 2 giving me a whole zoo of...
  7. Sudden loss of achievements, reqs and boosts! :-/

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sudden loss of achievements, reqs and boosts! :-/: Halo 5 plays as usual but suddenly I can't access achievements, reqs or boosts! Can someone give me a heads up about how to fix this? TIA, Chuck 81672a50-e958-4d46-b539-7813ef2b285f
  8. Mysterious sudden 83% packet loss, but no problems with VPN or different ISP

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mysterious sudden 83% packet loss, but no problems with VPN or different ISP: Hi! We are wondering what is going on here: It started 3 weeks ago. Before that eveything was ok. But suddenly we had constant 83% packet loss, sometimes even 100%, but mostly exactly 83%. The...
  9. NAT problems / sudden packet loss

in XBoX on Consoles
    NAT problems / sudden packet loss: My NAT is constantly switching between open and moderate, which makes playing with friends sometimes difficult. Sometime have trouble connecting to parties and lobbies. I play a decent amount of...
  10. NAT problems / sudden packet loss

in XBoX on Consoles
    NAT problems / sudden packet loss: My NAT is constantly switching between open and moderate, which makes playing with friends somewhat difficult. Sometimes have trouble connecting to parties and lobbies. I play a decent amount of...