Sudden loss of all sound

Discus and support Sudden loss of all sound in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox has stopped playing sound through my TV whilst watching the Disney+ app, although it will still play sound through my Astro gaming headset... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RobinMcDowell1, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Sudden loss of all sound

My Xbox has stopped playing sound through my TV whilst watching the Disney+ app, although it will still play sound through my Astro gaming headset connected via an optical cable.

I have reset all sound settings on the tv and xbox, i have also reset the xbox to factory settings, i have changed HDMI cables and the ports on the tv,

Im now at a loss as to what to try?

:)

RobinMcDowell1, Apr 8, 2020
  2. Wrightstuff1 Win User

Sudden loss of all sound

Try unplugging your xbox if that doesn't work it may be an issue if you are in one of the xbox insider programmes
  3. XBF Steven R Win User

Sudden loss of all sound

Hi RobinMcDowell1,

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.
    For those reading this thread, if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance. When the new thread is created please copy and paste the URL to this thread showing that
    the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't fix the issue.

Thank you and have a great day!
  4. Chargersbride Win User

Sudden loss of all sound

How do I fix my Disney plus sound?

If your sound or video still isn't working right, try the following steps. Check the sound or video after each step to see if it's fixed the problem. Switch off your device completely.

1. Go to your devices settings menu, then apps or application manager.
    2. Tap the DisneyLife app.
    3. Tap uninstall.
    4. Reinstall from the Playstore.

So I would say it would work on the Xbox too,
  5. Gsepp Win User

Sudden loss of all sound

what did rebooting your tv do
  6. RobinMcDowell1 Win User

Sudden loss of all sound

My Xbox has stopped playing sound through my TV whilst watching the Disney+ app, although it will still play sound through my Astro gaming headset connected via an optical cable.

I have reset all sound settings on the tv and xbox, i have also reset the xbox to factory settings, i have changed HDMI cables and the ports on the tv,

Im now at a loss as to what to try?
    Fixed the issue by conducting a reset of the TV by holding down the power button on my Sony Bravia TV remote for 5 seconds.

thank you for all answers though its appreciated.
Thema:

Sudden loss of all sound

1. Sudden loss of all sound - Similar Threads - Sudden loss sound

2. How do I fix sudden and permanent 100% packet loss on my Xbox X console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix sudden and permanent 100% packet loss on my Xbox X console?: I just bought the new Xbox series x console about 2 weeks ago. I had had no previous issues with packet loss. I was in the middle of playing a game with a large group of friends a couple hours in...
  3. Gears of War Judgement sudden data loss

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of War Judgement sudden data loss: REPOST: I have an urgent question. I have an Xbox 360 slim and I have been playing Gears of War: Judgement on it for about 2 years now. I came home today, logged on my Xbox, and started Judgement....
  4. Gears of War Judgement: Sudden data loss

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of War Judgement: Sudden data loss: I have an urgent question. I have an Xbox 360 slim and I have been playing Gears of War: Judgement on it for about 2 years now. I came home today, logged on my Xbox, and started Judgement. When I...
  5. Sudden packet loss spikes between 1 PM-7 PM PDT

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sudden packet loss spikes between 1 PM-7 PM PDT: For the past week I've suddenly run into problems playing online games from midday to evening, I wouldn't even know it was a packet loss issue if it weren't for Destiny 2 giving me a whole zoo of...
  6. Sudden loss of achievements, reqs and boosts! :-/

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sudden loss of achievements, reqs and boosts! :-/: Halo 5 plays as usual but suddenly I can't access achievements, reqs or boosts! Can someone give me a heads up about how to fix this? TIA, Chuck 81672a50-e958-4d46-b539-7813ef2b285f
  7. Mysterious sudden 83% packet loss, but no problems with VPN or different ISP

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mysterious sudden 83% packet loss, but no problems with VPN or different ISP: Hi! We are wondering what is going on here: It started 3 weeks ago. Before that eveything was ok. But suddenly we had constant 83% packet loss, sometimes even 100%, but mostly exactly 83%. The...
  8. Sudden loss of online gaming capability …

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sudden loss of online gaming capability …: We, my wife and I, bought two xbox ones on day one — and since that time have been enjoying fantastic online gaming — Minecraft — COD Ghosts — Titanfall — and most recently Destiny. This past...
  9. NAT problems / sudden packet loss

in XBoX on Consoles
    NAT problems / sudden packet loss: My NAT is constantly switching between open and moderate, which makes playing with friends sometimes difficult. Sometime have trouble connecting to parties and lobbies. I play a decent amount of...
  10. NAT problems / sudden packet loss

in XBoX on Consoles
    NAT problems / sudden packet loss: My NAT is constantly switching between open and moderate, which makes playing with friends somewhat difficult. Sometimes have trouble connecting to parties and lobbies. I play a decent amount of...