Sudden Error when plugging in XBox Wireless Adapter for PC. Device Descriptor Request Failed?

Discus and support Sudden Error when plugging in XBox Wireless Adapter for PC. Device Descriptor Request Failed? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I've had my Xbox One wireless controller for almost two years. I have never owned any gaming console whatsoever, but the controller has performed... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Gabe M, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Gabe M
    Gabe M Guest

Sudden Error when plugging in XBox Wireless Adapter for PC. Device Descriptor Request Failed?

I've had my Xbox One wireless controller for almost two years. I have never owned any gaming console whatsoever, but the controller has performed beautifully on my laptop so far.

However, one night I took a Netflix break from playing video games, then went out for like an hour, leaving the laptop on. When I came back the screen was turned off but the laptop hadn't gone to sleep or anything, just the screen had timed out. During all
    this time, my Xbox adapter was plugged in and eventually the controller turned itself off due to not being used.

When I tried reconnecting my controller, it didn't work. I tried pairing it again, using the small round matching buttons on both the controller and the adapter. Nothing. Then I unplugged the adapter, plugged it in again, and I was greeted with the Unrecognized
    USB device
    error. I went to the Devices section in the settings and, under
    Other Devices, it said Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed). I have tried, to no avail, the following options:

- Uninstalling the driver, in Device Manager, under Unknown USB Device

- Updating said driver. Windows had found some new updates which, upon installing, did nothing to help me with my issue

- Running the Hardware Troubleshooter, again to no avail

I am quite certain this error appeared out of nowhere and that it is also an issue with the adapter, since I have tried connecting it to my friend's laptop and she got the same error.

:)

Gabe M, Sep 23, 2018
  2. Xbox Controller Recognition Failure

When I try to plug my Xbox Controller into my PC via USB cable, it does not connect, and the computer displays an error message in the settings, " Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) - Driver Error.

How do I fix this please?!

DEXTERJOE 0009, Sep 23, 2018
  3. Wireless xbox adapter #2 Code 10

I just bought the New Wireless Xbox adapter for PC, but it's not working. I have an updated win 10 pc.

When i plug it in it says the adapter is ready for use, but the led indicator is not lit. In the Device manager i get ''Code 10''.

RuggedCone45365, Sep 23, 2018
  4. XBF Paul M
    XBF Paul M Guest

Hiya, Gabe M!

Paul from Xbox Forums Team here to assist with the issue, it looks like the wireless adapter isn't functioning properly at the moment. I also see that you've done some really sound troubleshooting steps. Here is a link to our website showing which troubleshooting
    steps to try
    Troubleshoot the Xbox wireless adapter
    . If after all the troubleshooting steps have been taken I recommend

Contacting Us
    for further assistance. I hope you find this information useful in resolving the issue.

Happy Gaming!

Paul Xbox Forums Team!

XBF Paul M, Sep 24, 2018
  5. Gabe M
    Gabe M Guest
    Hey, so none of the troubleshooting options in that link match my problem. Thanks but that didn't really cut it. Like at all.

Gabe M, Sep 24, 2018
  6. XBF Jeremy Z
    XBF Jeremy Z Guest
    Hello,
    Gabe M

Thank you for contacting Forum support!

Per stated by the forum representative above, I too would recommend you contact

Customer support

Because the device was used on another laptop (make sure all devices/laptop is up to date)
    and it still did not perform as it should have, I recommend to request a call with a live agent. (Check for updates)

How to get software and driver updates for Windows 10

Customer support will be able to check out the warranty for the device and see how they may help.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

XBF Jeremy Z, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. device descriptor request failed xbox adapter