Subnautica will not launch in desktop mode after opening it up with my oculus quest 2 from...

Discus and support Subnautica will not launch in desktop mode after opening it up with my oculus quest 2 from... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I own subnautica in the xbox launcher/windows store because I bought it digitally on xbox a couple years ago, and it transfers over. I think a while... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Oscar PalaciosGarrido, Apr 22, 2023.

1. Subnautica will not launch in desktop mode after opening it up with my oculus quest 2 from...

I own subnautica in the xbox launcher/windows store because I bought it digitally on xbox a couple years ago, and it transfers over. I think a while ago I was playing on my vr headset and launched the game, but only for a couple minutes. Lately I've wanted to play again, but when I open the game it launches in VR mode automatically, and without connecting my headset, after a couple seconds it just redirects me to the steamvr setup screen. How can I launch the game in desktop mode to play normally? All the tutorials I see are for steam and epic games only.

I have tried reinstalling the game, and shutting down ever oculus-related process from the details tab in task manager. In steam you have the option to click on launch in desktop mode and steam vr, and in epic agames I believe you can type something like "-vrmode none" somewhere to fix it. But I have no idea how to fix it for the xbox launcher.

:)

Oscar PalaciosGarrido, Apr 22, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Subnautica will not launch in desktop mode after opening it up with my oculus quest 2 from virtual desktop

Hi Oscar PalaciosGarrido,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you.

• What is the current version and edition of your Windows OS?

So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

Perform Clean boot

How to perform a clean boot in Windows - Microsoft Support

Then proceed with the following steps.

Restart your deviceAs basic as this is, a simple restart can set many things right.

Make sure Windows is up to date
    1. Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.
    2. On Windows 10, select Update & Security. On Windows 11, select Windows Update.
    3. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to see if any updates are available for your device.
    4. Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.
    5. Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.
    For more info, go to:

Windows Update

Update your Windows and device driversFor the best game performance, make sure your system’s video card drivers (or display adapter drivers) are up to date. Drivers are available on the support website for your computer manufacturer, or if your computer system is custom built, on the video card manufacturer’s support website. Updating video card drivers can resolve game crashes, improve frame rates, and improve overall game performance.

Make sure both the Xbox and Gaming Services apps are up to date
    1. Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.
    2. Select Library.
    3. Under Updates & downloads, check if there are any updates available for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app. If an update is available, select Update.

Make sure you’re signed in to the Xbox app and the Store with the same accountWhen you open the Xbox app on your device, be sure you sign in to the app using your own Xbox account. You may also need to be signed in to the Store (xbox.com) in order to play a purchased game.

To make sure your permissions for the game can be validated, be sure to sign in to both the Store and the Xbox app using the same account that was used to purchase the game.

For help with signing in, go to:

Sign in to Xbox

Having trouble installing EA Play games from the Xbox app for Windows?Try closing both the Xbox app and the EA app, and then relaunch the Xbox app.

Remove and reinstall Gaming ServicesReinstall the Gaming Services app on your Windows 10/11 device:

1. Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    2. In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    3. In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    4. Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    5. Restart your device and try to install the game again.

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Subnautica will not launch in desktop mode after opening it up with my oculus quest 2 from virtual desktop

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  4. andersonpassos Win User

Minecraft Bedrock VR Chat

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

Verify your settings: Make sure that your Oculus Quest 2 and AirLink settings are properly configured. Check if there are any specific settings related to on-screen keyboards or text input that need to be enabled.

Check for updates: Ensure that both Minecraft Bedrock and the Oculus Quest 2 firmware are up to date. Sometimes, software updates can introduce new features or fix existing issues.

Try alternative methods: In some VR applications, instead of an on-screen keyboard, you can use physical keyboards connected to your PC or a mobile companion app to input text. Check if Minecraft Bedrock VR supports any alternative input methods.

Use a virtual desktop: If none of the above options work, consider using a virtual desktop application like Virtual Desktop or Oculus Link to connect your Oculus Quest 2 to your PC. This method might provide better compatibility and access to an on-screen keyboard.
  5. Adam Sheetz Win User

How do I sign into Questcraft on Oculus Quest 2?

Hi Med.555, my name is Adam.

I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing issues with your Oculus Quest 2.

1. Make sure to charge the headset. If the headset has no charge, you’ll see nothing but a black screen. Plug the headset into a compatible USB charger and leave it alone for a while. If it doesn’t seem to be charging, try a different charger, or make sure you’re using a compatible charger. The Oculus charger outputs 2A, so using a lower amperage charger will result in a longer charge time.

2. Try opening the Oculus menu. While faced with a black screen, try pressing the menu button on your left controller and the Oculus button on the right controller. If this gives you access to the menu, try opening an app to see if that fixes the black screen problem.

3. Check the Oculus app. Load up the Oculus app on your phone and log in if it doesn’t log in automatically. Check to see if the app sees your headset, and try launching a game from the app. After launching the game, put your headset on and check to see if the black screen problem has been corrected.

4.Leave the headset on and plugged in. If you have tried charging the headset and still see nothing but a black screen, and you’re sure you’re using a compatible charger, leave it alone for at least 30 minutes. If the headset is attempting to update, then leaving it alone while plugged into power may allow it to finish the update and return to regular operation.

I hope this helps!
    Adam.
  6. SmartGlasses Hub Win User

I'm having a hard time getting Minecraft on my Oculus quest 2. And I need help.

Plz help I have no clue what im doing at this point.
    I've delved into various ways to play Minecraft on the Oculus Quest 2, including methods that don't require a PC. Here's a concise overview:

Minecraft Java Edition with Vivecraft:

• Use a gaming PC to run Minecraft Java Edition with the Vivecraft mod.
    • Requires Oculus Link, Air Link, or Virtual Desktop for VR gameplay.
    Minecraft Windows (Bedrock Edition):

• Install on a gaming PC compatible with Oculus Link or Air Link.
    • Create a desktop shortcut with specific parameters for VR play.
    Playing Minecraft on Quest 2 Without a PC:

• Sideloading options available for standalone play.
    3.1 QuestCraft – Standalone Minecraft Java Edition:

• Sideloading required, using SideQuest or Bugjaeger.
    • Full VR experience of Minecraft Java Edition on Quest 2.
    3.2 Minecraft Java Edition (2D) with PojavLauncher:

• Sideloading of PojavLauncher for a flat-screen (2D) Minecraft experience.
    • Recommended to pair with a Bluetooth controller.
    3.3 Minecraft GearVR (Bedrock) Edition:

• Sideloading the GearVR version of Minecraft, which is the Bedrock Edition.
    • Older versions might work with Oculus Touch controllers, newer may need a Bluetooth controller.
    Bonus: Voxel Works Quest (Minecraft Alternative):

• A Minecraft-like game available for Quest 2.
    • Installable via SideQuest, offers both standard and sportive modes with hand tracking.
    These methods provide various ways to enjoy Minecraft on the Oculus Quest 2, whether you have a gaming PC or not. Feel free to check out my post for more details on any of these methods!
Thema:

Subnautica will not launch in desktop mode after opening it up with my oculus quest 2 from...

1. Subnautica will not launch in desktop mode after opening it up with my oculus quest 2 from... - Similar Threads - Subnautica launch desktop

2. I own Subnautica on xbox, but wont let me play on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I own Subnautica on xbox, but wont let me play on PC: I already have bought and played Subnautica on my Xbox, I logged into the same Xbox account on the app and it says I havent bought it yet and need to buy it for $29,99 or something like that....
  3. Subnautica showing "Your free trial has ended. Hope you enjoyed it." when launching through...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Subnautica showing "Your free trial has ended. Hope you enjoyed it." when launching through...: I downloaded Subnautica from the PC app a few hours ago using the game pass section. Every time I try to open it it gives me this. [img] I know I have game pass, and on top of that, I'm 99%...
  4. Subnautica: Below Zero Not Saving

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Subnautica: Below Zero Not Saving: Hello, Whenever I play Subnatuica: Below Zero and exit out and get back on, it does not save my progress. Even though I saved. Can you fix it? 1ed6eb84-7f44-44c1-9a5e-b61e98cc8d4b
  5. Hey im having trouble to download mods for subnautica

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hey im having trouble to download mods for subnautica: Hey it’s hard to download mods for subbautica 75766825-bcab-41bf-81cb-3f29c708ec75
  6. Subnautica xbox version never syncs on PC.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Subnautica xbox version never syncs on PC.: It took a little bit to sync but then it said "Currently not possible to sync data with cloud." and it gave me two options "Play offline" and "Try again", no matter how many times I clicked "Try...
  7. I had Subnautica Below Zero on Gamepass and i want to buy it on Steam

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I had Subnautica Below Zero on Gamepass and i want to buy it on Steam: I had Subnautica Below Zero on Gamepass and i want to buy it on Steam HOw do I transfer the saves? I didn't find them. And I can do it ? e7b10718-08f2-4fec-9adf-ecf31c140ec3
  8. Subnautica wont launch Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Subnautica wont launch Windows 10: So I bought the game on my Xbox one today and was instantly addicted. I downloaded on my Surface Pro 6 (i5, 8gb RAM) hoping to lower the graphics and play. But as soon as I launch the game my...
  9. Subnautica crashing when trying to launch on PC (Xbox Beta)

in XBoX on Windows
    Subnautica crashing when trying to launch on PC (Xbox Beta): [img] Hey, I was playing Subnautica on my PC a few days ago and it was completely fine. But after I left for a few days, whenever I try to open Subnautica on my pc (even if it's not directly...
  10. subnautica wont launch after i updated??? wth????dont wanna lose my progress!!??please ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    subnautica wont launch after i updated??? wth????dont wanna lose my progress!!??please ...: subnautica wont launch after i updated??? wth????dont wanna lose my progress!!??please help!!!!! 1a96b843-1fbf-482d-818d-9a6677de3629