Subnautica crashing on save load

Discus and support Subnautica crashing on save load in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Ever since the big Subnautica update last week, I can't load my saved game. It is available and the loading happens right up until the end when it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by starkdar, Dec 19, 2022.

1. starkdar
    starkdar Guest

Ever since the big Subnautica update last week, I can't load my saved game. It is available and the loading happens right up until the end when it crashes back to the xbox home screen. I can start a new game if that helps.

I have 100+ into this thing and am so very close to the end..

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

:)

starkdar, Dec 19, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

That will be the next step as per following the Xbox article. If you're playing the game while connected to Xbox Live you don't have to worry. I got you the steps:

"First, delete the local save:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide and then select My games & apps > See all > Games.

2. Highlight the game title, and then press the Menu button on your controller.

3. Select Manage game & add-ons > Saved data.

4. Select Delete all to remove the local save of this game.

5. Select Delete all again to confirm.

After you delete the local save, restart your Xbox console:

1. Press and hold the Xbox button in the center of your Xbox One controller to open the Power Center.

2. Select Restart console.

3. Select Restart.

After you restart your Xbox console, re-sync your saved games to the cloud. Your saved games are automatically stored in the cloud while you’re connected to Xbox Live."
  3. GuiTardis Win User

I am so glad to have found this! I'm literally dealing with the same thing. In my case I've been doing a "Blind Playthrough and Reaction" video on a YouTube channel. I was getting ready to record the 35th episode when I couldn't load a game save after the update. I tried it a couple times and it wouldn't work. I did a hard reset on the Xbox Series X and it didn't work, I uninstalled the game and reinstalled and it didn't work. Then I tried the above idea of removing my account and that didn't work either.

I agree that deleting the saved game would be potentially problematic.

I'm hoping that this can be remedied either with another patch or something.
  4. Jimshields2 Win User

I have a question about the game on xbox not loading. my friend built a habitat on land and had a hatch near a rock ledge and I fear that the new hatch for land buildings with the stairs is causing a geometry conflict and might be the reason for a lot of these corrupted saves if it changed existing hatches in the patch. may want to get with devs and see if theres a way to roll the patch back for those with problems and see if they can go in and move or delete their hatches then re-apply the update. could save a lot of people a lot of grief.
  5. starkdar Win User

Hello and thank you! I'm sorry to report that the problem persists..

Someone suggested deleting my save and having the cloud resync it or whatever but that really scares me.. any insight there?

I have also tried reinstalling the game to no effect.

Thank you
  6. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Kindly remove and re-add your account then try launching the game again.

REMOVE ACCOUNT​​​

​​​

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide. ​​​

2. Select System > Settings > Account > Remove accounts. ​​​

3. Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm. ​​​

4. When you're finished, select Close. ​​​

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

​​​

ADD ACCOUNT​​​

​​​

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide. ​​​

2. Select your gamerpic in the upper-left corner of the screen, move all the way down and select Add new. ​​​

3. Enter the Email address and the password.​​​

4. Read the Microsoft Service Agreement and Privacy Statement, and then select I Accept. ​​​

5. Follow the steps to configure your Sign-In & Security preferences to add your Microsoft account to your Xbox console.​​​
Thema:

1. Subnautica crashing on save load - Similar Threads - Subnautica crashing save

2. I own Subnautica on xbox, but wont let me play on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I own Subnautica on xbox, but wont let me play on PC: I already have bought and played Subnautica on my Xbox, I logged into the same Xbox account on the app and it says I havent bought it yet and need to buy it for $29,99 or something like that....
  3. Subnautica showing "Your free trial has ended. Hope you enjoyed it." when launching through...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Subnautica showing "Your free trial has ended. Hope you enjoyed it." when launching through...: I downloaded Subnautica from the PC app a few hours ago using the game pass section. Every time I try to open it it gives me this. [img] I know I have game pass, and on top of that, I'm 99%...
  4. Subnautica: Below Zero Not Saving

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Subnautica: Below Zero Not Saving: Hello, Whenever I play Subnatuica: Below Zero and exit out and get back on, it does not save my progress. Even though I saved. Can you fix it? 1ed6eb84-7f44-44c1-9a5e-b61e98cc8d4b
  5. Hey im having trouble to download mods for subnautica

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hey im having trouble to download mods for subnautica: Hey it’s hard to download mods for subbautica 75766825-bcab-41bf-81cb-3f29c708ec75
  6. Subnautica xbox version never syncs on PC.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Subnautica xbox version never syncs on PC.: It took a little bit to sync but then it said "Currently not possible to sync data with cloud." and it gave me two options "Play offline" and "Try again", no matter how many times I clicked "Try...
  7. I had Subnautica Below Zero on Gamepass and i want to buy it on Steam

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I had Subnautica Below Zero on Gamepass and i want to buy it on Steam: I had Subnautica Below Zero on Gamepass and i want to buy it on Steam HOw do I transfer the saves? I didn't find them. And I can do it ? e7b10718-08f2-4fec-9adf-ecf31c140ec3
  8. Anyway I can get my synced save data on subnautica

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anyway I can get my synced save data on subnautica: I’m not overly bothered weather or not I can get my save data for subnautica but whenever I try to play on subnautica the Xbox says ‘syncing data for subnautica’ then the syncing fails it is only...
  9. transfer saves from steam to microsoft in subnautica game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    transfer saves from steam to microsoft in subnautica game: I have a save on steam and I wanted to transfer it to the subnautica game on the xbox launcher on the pc, but I can't do it at all, does anyone know if it's possible?...
  10. Loaded Subnautica Below Zero on new XBox Series X. Game is stuck on a "press menu button"...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Loaded Subnautica Below Zero on new XBox Series X. Game is stuck on a "press menu button"...: Loaded Subnautica Below Zero on new XBox Series X. Game is stuck on a "press menu button" screen. We have pressed all the buttons and nothing happens. Rebooted Xbox and still nothing. XBox has...