Sub 10mb/s download speed on PC Xbox App (repost)

Discus and support Sub 10mb/s download speed on PC Xbox App (repost) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My last thread was closed as I couldn't respond in time, so this is a repost with some new information. (Old thread) I've been experiencing extremely... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ayoub Mohamed1, Oct 12, 2023.

1. Sub 10mb/s download speed on PC Xbox App (repost)

My last thread was closed as I couldn't respond in time, so this is a repost with some new information. (Old thread)

I've been experiencing extremely slow download speeds on the PC Xbox App, with a maximum speed of only 10mb/s. I've tested my own network speeds with my browser and can download at 200+mbp/s, and when downloading other games off Steam I average around 100mbp/s. I've tried every troubleshooting method mentioned in this forum post and others I've found online, but nothing seems to have worked. Also, If helpful, the game I'm downloading is Forza Horizon 5

In my last thread, I was asked if I had this problem with other games, so I tested it out with Forza Motorsport and unfortunately, I am getting the same slow download speeds. Solutions that were also suggested to me such as Adjust Delivery Optimization Settings or reinstall also didn't work.

Specs I think may help:
    (I am using wifi, not Ethernet)

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with Radeon Vega Graphics 3.70 GHz

Installed RAM 16.0 GB (13.9 GB usable)

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    intel(r) dual band wireless-ac 3168 network driver

Sub 10mb/s download speed on PC Xbox App (repost) [​IMG]

Sub 10mb/s download speed on PC Xbox App (repost) [​IMG]

:)

Ayoub Mohamed1, Oct 12, 2023
  2. nubbins6104 Win User

Sometimes the servers could be throttling download speeds during peak times or during maintenance. Could be that or perhaps resetting your router could help. Hope you get this figured out!

Edit: with you installing forza mortise sport that could be it since it’s very in demand so the Microsoft servers are slowing it down.
  3. Ayoub Mohamed1 Win User

Thank you for the reply, I tried restarting my router and downloading a less popular game but still have the same issue. I guess it may just be a throttling issue as you mentioned in which case I assume there is nothing I can do.

[​IMG]
  4. Mae Sev. Win User

Sub 10mb/s download speed on PC Xbox App

Hello Ayoub Mohamed1,

Thank you for sharing this with us and welcome to Xbox Forums.

We understand that you're experiencing slow download speeds on the PC Xbox App. We are aware that you've already tried some troubleshooting methods and the issue persists. We really appreciate you for the time and effort you spend for this. No worries, let me provide you with some additional steps that may help resolve the issue.

First, just want to check does the issue presented to this game only? Have you ever tried checking under with another game? This would help us to isolate the issue further.

Now, let's make sure that your PC meets the minimum system requirements for the Xbox App. You can check the system requirements on the Microsoft Store page for the Xbox App.

Next, please proceed to perform the following steps:

• Check Download Settings: Make sure you download settings are set correctly. Under Windows "Delivery Optimization" select "advanced options" and then make sure any limits on speed are disabled.
    • Reinstall the Xbox App/Microsoft Store App: Sometimes, reinstalling the app can help resolve the issue.
    • Connect to a Wired Connection: If you're currently using a wireless connection, try switching to a wired connection instead.
    • Adjust Delivery Optimization Settings: Go to your settings menu and look up Delivery Optimization and Advanced Settings. Once here select the 2nd option of "Percentage of measured bandwidth" Set your download and upload options to your desired percentage.

If the issue persists, let's try changing the server location for the Xbox App. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Open the Xbox App.

2. Click on the Settings icon (gear icon) in the bottom left corner.

3. Click on Network.

4. Under Download location, select a different server location from the drop-down menu.

5. Click on Save.

After changing the server location, try downloading the game again and see if the download speed has improved.

If none of these steps work, you can try disabling any third-party antivirus or firewall software temporarily and see if that improves the download speed. If it does, you may need to add exceptions for the Xbox App in your antivirus or firewall software.

I hope these steps help improve your download speed on the PC Xbox App. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community
  5. MalleEppie Win User

If you're reading this in December 2023, just cancel your subscription. My efforts to find a fix to this problem have dragged me through literal years of identical forum posts, all with the same endings and responses. It's likely the issue wasn't resolved, but that instead the end user was frustrated with the attempts to deflect poor functionality back on them or their network. The many identical posts that all end with people wanting to stop wasting their time seems like a strong indicator that this issue is just always going to be an insurmountable problem for Microsoft, so do yourself a favor and get out now. Steam doesn't require a subscription and has basic functionality.
    Hi thanks for the warning. Just bought a month of game pass but with this download times I sure as certain not gonna go for the full month and cancel right away. These download speeds are horible. Had hope I could find a fix while I was downloading Forza 5, but after reading your post it seems a no go.

ps

the following does not even exist in my xbox app on win 11, there is no network option

1. Open the Xbox App.

2. Click on the Settings icon (gear icon) in the bottom left corner.

3. Click on Network. <---ITS NOT THERE

4. Under Download location, select a different server location from the drop-down menu.

5. Click on Save.
  6. xWrathxChildx Win User

If you're reading this in December 2023, just cancel your subscription. My efforts to find a fix to this problem have dragged me through literal years of identical forum posts, all with the same endings and responses. It's likely the issue wasn't resolved, but that instead the end user was frustrated with the attempts to deflect poor functionality back on them or their network. The many identical posts that all end with people wanting to stop wasting their time seems like a strong indicator that this issue is just always going to be an insurmountable problem for Microsoft, so do yourself a favor and get out now. Steam doesn't require a subscription and has basic functionality.
Thema:

1. Sub 10mb/s download speed on PC Xbox App (repost) - Similar Threads - Sub 10mb download

2. Everyone I click on "JOIN NOW" on game pass ultimate, to create a month sub, it takes me...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Everyone I click on "JOIN NOW" on game pass ultimate, to create a month sub, it takes me...: Everything I click unto join now it takes me to just the screen and right back to "JOIN NOW" very frustrating, any solutions? 98348448-fbfd-4cdf-89af-1bfb3b675cf4
  3. when i go to account manage the site start reloading forever and i cant go to my subs...

in XBoX Accessibility
    when i go to account manage the site start reloading forever and i cant go to my subs...: i tried to cancel it from my phone then my ipad and its the same happing 15b9e3e5-205b-4d33-811e-b0c7c76666b0
  4. Sub 10mb/s download speed on PC Xbox App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sub 10mb/s download speed on PC Xbox App: I've been experiencing extremely slow download speeds on the PC Xbox App, with a maximum speed of only 10mb/s. I've tested my own network speeds with my browser and can download at 180mb/s, and...
  5. Xbox Support misdirecting people to this sub for General Support Issues

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Support misdirecting people to this sub for General Support Issues: I am not the only one to notice a steady increase of individuals coming to this sub with general xbox support questions stating that they were directed here by Xbox Support. This only leads to...
  6. Xbox UI changes: have cancelled my Gamepass sub in protest. Here's why.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox UI changes: have cancelled my Gamepass sub in protest. Here's why.: This may sound extreme, but I've just cancelled my Gamepass Ultimate sub in protest at the invasive and intrusive advertising on my Xbox dashboard. I was actually surprised how, well, hurt and...
  7. hi when i want to buy a sub with paypal he dosent work he gave this message The region in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    hi when i want to buy a sub with paypal he dosent work he gave this message The region in...: hi when i want to buy a sub with paypal he dosent work he gave this message The region in which your payment option was issued and your Store region ffcc32df-71f6-4cb7-8adc-15a768629a33
  8. Realms sub not showing on pc but it is on xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Realms sub not showing on pc but it is on xbox: I bought a realms sub. Now I need to transfer a world on my pc to my xbox so I bought realms. On my xbox it shows that I have realms but on pc it's asking me to buy it again? Anyone else...
  9. Pinball FX free2play doesn't work without gold sub

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Pinball FX free2play doesn't work without gold sub: Free2play games work even without a gold or UGP sub ! The new Pinball FX does not ! It's not even possible to start the game and play the free single player table ......
  10. Dear Mods, people find this sub all the time and post unrelated "pls help with my Xbox"...

in XboX Insiders
    Dear Mods, people find this sub all the time and post unrelated "pls help with my Xbox"...: Please, do something about this. This is not a sub for self-service community support for people who just got an Xbox 360 that doesn't turn on or asking if sitting on it is okay. This is rule #4...