stuck tray devolves into unending spiral of sadness

Discus and support stuck tray devolves into unending spiral of sadness in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; so the disc tray on my Xbox 360s was jammed and I did what any reasonable person would do. I took off the face plate and stuck a paper clip into... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by rubescence, Jan 3, 2016.

1. rubescence
    rubescence Guest

so the disc tray on my Xbox 360s was jammed and I did what any reasonable person would do. I took off the face plate and stuck a paper clip into various holes (per Microsoft's instructions) and got the tray working again. huzzah! I plug in and turn on my
    Xbox and it asks for an update. "why sure, xbox, anything for you!" except then it tells me I don't have enough space for the update and bumps me to the sign in screen where there are no profiles. upon further inspection I have what seems to be a brand new
    Xbox with no memory. is there anything I can do?

tl;dr i must have jacked up my memory when manually opening my tray. help.

:)

rubescence, Jan 3, 2016
  2. Starting to second guess if getting an XBOX One was worth it?

And the best part? You STILL HAVE THE HARDWARE THAT WORKS! WHY LOSE PROGRESS AND DLC AND ONLINE TO PUT IT IN A DIFFERENT DISC TRAY? First World Problems, Wow, Many Cry, Such Sadness etc.

A Virtual Duck, Jan 3, 2016
  3. Good Game Microsoft Good Game ... making me think my old console was a lost cause

Must admit, that was one advantage on the original xbox console. There was a small hole by the side of the disc tray into which you could insert a straightened out paper clip to manually open the tray if ever it stuck.

Paraffin Alien, Jan 3, 2016
  4. stuck tray devolves into unending spiral of sadness

If you had a model with harddrive, maybe its loose, take out power cord and try reseating the harddrive in the slot.

LocatedMass2845, Jan 3, 2016
  5. CHAD TPRUITT
    CHAD TPRUITT Guest
    Yeah...Idk what taking the faceplate off would have done to your memory. And as far as the "no memory" Located's advice is sound. If that don't work then either the external HDD is dead or in the internal HDD is.

CHAD TPRUITT, Jan 5, 2016
  6. Since you state that it is a 360S then there is no external HDD, it`s an internal (but removable) HDD.

As suggested, remove the end cover and just check that the HDD has not become dislodged while you were messing around. As if the HDD had gone faulty then the power button would have a red light and the TV screen would show fault code E96.

Paraffin Alien, Oct 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: