stuck on "system update stopped" screen

Discus and support stuck on "system update stopped" screen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; [img] for the past week, I've tried to update my old Xbox 360 with a USB and I put the update on it but it's stuck on that screen the worst thing about... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kitty Kook, Jan 21, 2024.

1. Kitty Kook
    Kitty Kook Guest

stuck on "system update stopped" screen [​IMG]
    for the past week, I've tried to update my old Xbox 360 with a USB and I put the update on it but it's stuck on that screen the worst thing about this whole situation is that the console is in Spanish and I understand a little bit but now it won't let me access the console's main menu so I bought a new hard drive because my system didn’t have one and it still doesn’t work so, please sent any help or suggestions

:)

Kitty Kook, Jan 21, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Kitty, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

The image is saying it can't read the update file image from your USB storage device.

Please, make sure to follow these steps:

Plug your USB flash drive into a USB port on your computer.

Download the update file:

https://www.xbox.com/system-update-usb

Click Save to save the console update .zip file on your computer.

Unzip the file.

Copy the contents of the .zip file to the root directory of your USB flash drive (for example, E:\). Do not copy the contents to another folder on the USB flash drive (for example, E:\Files).

Unplug the USB flash drive from your computer.

Plug the flash drive into a USB port on your Xbox 360 console.

Restart the console.

When the console restarts, the installation program starts automatically. When prompted, select Yes to update the new console software.

For more information: https://support.xbox.com/help/xbox-360/console/system-updates-info

Let me know if it works!
  3. Deathspankd Win User

xbox stuck on system update stopped screen

have you tried installing the update with usb stick or dvd/cd?
  4. sand kricket Win User

What should I do if I have the 4gb hard drive, aka nothing to remove?
  5. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

Hey there, can you try the following:

Let me know how it goes.
  6. Wumbo Stealth Win User

@Deathspankd

When i turn on my xbox it says no signal for few minutes then after that its says the error message. i can't go back or go the dashboard. it takes me straight to the error message.I'm stuck on that screen. if i take my hard drive out than message shows up
    saying insert the hard drive then the update will continue. after that the system stopped updating message comes back.
Thema:

1. stuck on "system update stopped" screen - Similar Threads - stuck system update

2. System update / error stuck

in XBoX on Consoles
    System update / error stuck: I started to reset my xbox one s and as it restarted it disconnected from my Internet and it wont reconnect as its the first time i have used thay Internet so ikbwtuck with a system error : E100...
  3. Xbox one OG stuck at Preparing COnsole after system update today,

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one OG stuck at Preparing COnsole after system update today,: Xbox one OG stuck at Preparing COnsole after system update today, I went through all forums and steps but still the same. Now i have left with option to get OSU2 update first or OSU. Because i can...
  4. Stuck in system error loop of E106 E101 and E102 and nothing will fix it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stuck in system error loop of E106 E101 and E102 and nothing will fix it.: Yesterday, I got the error E106 when I turned on my Xbox One S, but after I downloaded OSU1 onto a USB and updated the console it was slow, but I could still play games, so I thought nothing of it...
  5. What do I do if my Xbox was stuck at the preparing system stage then it doesn’t pick up the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What do I do if my Xbox was stuck at the preparing system stage then it doesn’t pick up the...: I got this Xbox and the HDMI works but it does boot up I tried disconnecting it and letting it sit and the Xbox button and eject but it doesn’t work and I have connected to Ethernet...
  6. Offline system update stuck at 0

in XBoX on Consoles
    Offline system update stuck at 0: I have an xbox one s and have tried doing the offline system update as a repair person told us that during a software update the xbox shut down and corrupted the software completely so we...
  7. Xbox fortnite - outfit won't save system stuck

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox fortnite - outfit won't save system stuck: Xbox fortnite, just changed an outfit and just sits saying saving. Even system restart won't clear? 876287dd-7316-437f-be5d-a8c7dee30c33
  8. Xbox One stuck on system update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One stuck on system update: My xbox is currently stuck on 95%, and in step 3 of the update. Nothing has changed for about an hour, and I have tried restarting, unplugging the power cable, and unplugging my external storage....
  9. Stuck in a System Update Loop with update from 2111.211208-2200

in XboX Insiders
    Stuck in a System Update Loop with update from 2111.211208-2200: I'm currently on 2111.211208-2200 on my Xbox One (original 1TB) and was prompted to update the system. When updating the system (531GB) it would download the first few percent (511GB remaining),...
  10. My Xbox system update has been stuck for awhile now. Like, months.

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox system update has been stuck for awhile now. Like, months.: I have not played my Xbox in awhile due to a broken controller and have been attempting to update it, but the percentage remains at 2% and 749 MegaBytes (it has been 9 hours). submitted by...