Stuck on Black Screen After Green Startup Screen

Discus and support Stuck on Black Screen After Green Startup Screen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey, A couple weeks ago I was playing NBA 2K15 and all of a sudden the game freezes, this happens every now and then so I just shrugged it off and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Maysunair, May 17, 2015.

1. Maysunair
    Maysunair Guest

Hey,

A couple weeks ago I was playing NBA 2K15 and all of a sudden the game freezes, this happens every now and then so I just shrugged it off and restarted my console, only, I was greeted by a black screen and it's the only thing I see now when I get past the
    green startup screen. Is this a problem that a lot of people are having? And if so is there anyway to fix it that won't cost me a new Xbox?

:)

Maysunair, May 17, 2015
  2. AlanaBlais
    AlanaBlais Guest
    Stuck on green screen

Our xbox started getting stuck on the green startup screen the other day. We tried both reset options, unplugged and replugged, and did everything else we could find to do to no avail. After waiting forever for everything to download again, we are back
    at the green startup screen. Please help.

AlanaBlais, May 17, 2015
  3. AdamLaurin12
    AdamLaurin12 Guest
    Xbox One startup problems

I haven't tried that because it doesn't matter if I'm connected to the internet or not. It will just act as though it is off and stay on a black screen or after a while it will go on the green startup loading screen and stay stuck there. It never get's a
    chance to try and download anything.

AdamLaurin12, May 17, 2015
  4. Stuck on Black Screen After Green Startup Screen

Hey mate, a lot of people describing this issue (getting stuck on black or green screens) have fixed it by using the offline diagnostic tool here:

support.xbox.com/.../offline-system-update-diagnostic-tool

If you're at the stage of the console being useless then I highly recommend going through that link.

DigitalAssassin, May 17, 2015
  5. DigitalAssassin Win User

Hey mate, a lot of people describing this issue (getting stuck on black or green screens) have fixed it by using the offline diagnostic tool here:

support.xbox.com/.../offline-system-update-diagnostic-tool

If you're at the stage of the console being useless then I highly recommend going through that link.
  6. AdamLaurin12 Win User

Xbox One startup problems

I haven't tried that because it doesn't matter if I'm connected to the internet or not. It will just act as though it is off and stay on a black screen or after a while it will go on the green startup loading screen and stay stuck there. It never get's a
    chance to try and download anything.
  7. Noahgriff Win User

6 week old Xbox One broke

Hey, when it is stuck on the black/green screen, try this

Please go to this page https://t.co/iK8z3rA0uo and select the option "I Need to Troubleshoot A System Update Error" Then your console version, then "I Am Experiencing A Startup Issue". Then "Black Screen/green screen" (whichever you are experiancing). Follow
    the instructions.
  8. ecosse99 Win User

Black screen after the green startup screen

I tried everything on this post to fix our Xbox One with the black screen after the latest update (August 2021) like holding down the sync and eject buttons at the same time as well as unplugging everything after holding down the power button for 15 minutes, NOTHING WORKED. This is what worked on our Xbox One that was bought in 2015:

1) KEEP THE XBOX PLUGGED IN.

2) UNPLUG THE ETHERNET CABLE (INTERNET CABLE) FROM THE BACK OF THE XBOX!

3) PRESS AND HOLD THE SYNC AND EJECT BUTTONS AT THE SAME TIME UNTIL YOU HEAR A SECOND BEEP.

This should bring up the reset screen. Automatically this worked for our system and brought up the reset screen with the option to keep or delete our games. Once we chose the reset option to keep our games and plugged the internet cable back in we had to sign back in using our Xbox email and password. I thought we would lose our live game pass but it reloaded everything as it was before the update.
  9. SammyVS Win User

Black screen after the green startup screen

I'm Samy an independent advisor and I'll be helping you :D

How are you, mate?

Follow this step but first, remove anything connected to the console and just leave the power cord and HDMI cable connected to the console.

Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.

Press and hold the BIND button and the EJECT button, and then press the Xbox button on the console.

Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds.

Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.

You will see a screen with 4 options, select ''reset'' and then ''keeping games and app. You won't lose anything but you will need to log in with your account again. Email and password are required
Thema:

1. Stuck on Black Screen After Green Startup Screen - Similar Threads - Stuck Black Screen

2. Stuck at Black screen on Xbox console

in XboX Insiders
    Stuck at Black screen on Xbox console: I was getting stuck at the green Xbox screen. I did a factory reset and now it's stuck on the black screen. How do I fix this? Please and thank you. submitted by /u/uvasag [link] [comments]
  3. My Xbox was stuck on the green loading screen then it turns black how can I fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox was stuck on the green loading screen then it turns black how can I fix it: My Xbox turned on to the loading screen it’s green about three minutes later it turns black how can I fix that ed758c99-f9d4-43fe-8b08-b304a456a3e4
  4. How do I reset an Xbox One S that is still stuck in a black screen after doing a reset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I reset an Xbox One S that is still stuck in a black screen after doing a reset?: My Xbox One S is stuck in a black screen, how can I reset it? I’ve tried holding down the start and eject button but it is still black. d4bb21d4-fec9-490c-ba19-ea814f82b688
  5. Xbox app on PC opens but remains stuck on black loading screen

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app on PC opens but remains stuck on black loading screen: Anytime I open the xbox app on pc to access game pass or such I’m met with a black loading screen with an xbox logo. It’s been like this for probably a year now and it’s quite annoying. If anyone...
  6. My xbox series x is stuck in a black screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x is stuck in a black screen: , ive done a factory reset, bought a new hdmi cable, and even tried switching tvs/monitors. Any ideas? 7ebb6868-69f8-440b-95b6-e4e47236f431
  7. xbox stuck on black screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox stuck on black screen: we have both xbox one x, and xbox one in our house everytime one of us opens fornite the whole xbox. crashes to the point where its stuck on the black screen. these are new xboxs and we have had...
  8. Xbox1 stuck on black screen when booting

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox1 stuck on black screen when booting: So last night i was able to use my xbox1 just fine. Fell asleep watching a movie on one of my streaming apps and woke up this morning with my xbox cut off. Turned it back on and it goes past the...
  9. Xbox stuck on green screen then goes black

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox stuck on green screen then goes black: This has happened twice now in the past MONTH! This instance being #2. I have an Xbox One S (white console) and when I turned it on, it will stay on the green screen for a few minutes before...
  10. xbox game pass game stuck or black screen in the loading screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox game pass game stuck or black screen in the loading screen: hello i just install deep rock galaxie and carrion on the game pass ultimate and normaly it ask me to connect true a pup up and now i dont see any it doesn't pup up or show at all so it won't let...