Strong burning smell if I plug anything in the USB ports

Discus and support Strong burning smell if I plug anything in the USB ports in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; If I plug anything in the USB ports I get a strong smell of burning console works fine apart from that (series x) 956df062-b605-4881-8fd2-06b16d180691 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by kool kid 2k11, Dec 25, 2023.

1. Strong burning smell if I plug anything in the USB ports

If I plug anything in the USB ports I get a strong smell of burning console works fine apart from that (series x)

:)

kool kid 2k11, Dec 25, 2023
  2. The_Last_DJ Win User

Hello Kool K! I'm Kris and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

Is this a new console you have just got or have you had it a while?
  3. kool kid 2k11 Win User

My series x usb ports smell of burning if I plug in my ssd or anything else usb

No only when I plug something in to a usb port do I smell burning and no the cable isn't burnt it's okay the console is okay as long as I don't plug anything in to the USB ports
  4. The_Last_DJ Win User

My series x usb ports smell of burning if I plug in my ssd or anything else usb

Hello Ashley! I'm Kris and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

Sorry to hear you are having this issue. If you don't plug in a USB device, no burning smell at all? When you remove the USB cable, does it look burnt?
  5. nevillefarrell Win User

my new xbox strong smells burnt , this is normal ?

This would not be normal, make sure you Xbox is in a well ventilated area as in not in a cabinet or TV unit.

Make sure there is nothing blocking air the vents on the Xbox.

And if you are still getting a very strong smell of burning off the console take it back to the retailor straight away.

With a new console you may get a small smell of well not burning but of heating if that makes any sense as it boots up for the first time but if you have a constant Strong smell of burning bring it back to the relator.
  6. Rostom L Win User

Xbox Series X weird smell

I understand. The smell of plastic or smell of a hair dryer is dependent on the amount of heat produced by your console. If it's not that too hot, that should be fine. But if you observed that the smell is too strong like it's burning plastic on a regular usage, please send it for replacement or repair.

To further isolate the issue, try to use a different app or game and see if one them is causing the heat issue.
Thema:

1. Strong burning smell if I plug anything in the USB ports - Similar Threads - Strong burning smell

2. Elite controller has strong chemical smell

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller has strong chemical smell: I just bought the Microsoft Xbox Elite Controller 2. It has a very strong chemical smell, and it’s almost triggering my asthma. I’m wondering if this is going to go away after a few days, or if I...
  3. I have a laptop that have strong wifi can i buy game from xbox store in xbox series s and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a laptop that have strong wifi can i buy game from xbox store in xbox series s and...: I have a laptop that have strong wifi can i buy game from xbox store in xbox series s and download games files in my laptop then transfer the files to my xbox series s?...
  4. Says 100% packet loss even though I’m hardwired and on strong internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Says 100% packet loss even though I’m hardwired and on strong internet: It will allow me to watch YouTube and any other streaming app but lags me out of games of COD with a 999 ping and kicks me from parties is there any fix? d32688da-6194-412e-a169-88e47f080bd4
  5. I have an strong issue . I have my Xbox on computer account . I have Microsoft game pass...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have an strong issue . I have my Xbox on computer account . I have Microsoft game pass...: I have an strong issue . I have my Xbox on computer account . I have Microsoft game pass subscribtion but i have lost my account e-mail and password and i dont remember it. I have my card...
  6. Xbox 360 not connecting to xbox live with a strong internet connection.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 not connecting to xbox live with a strong internet connection.: Hey so i'm having connection issues with xbox live on my xbox 360. It shows that I have a strong connection with my internet but it doesn't allow me to connect to xbox live. I tried many things. I...
  7. Strong Aliasing/bad graphics with refurbished Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Strong Aliasing/bad graphics with refurbished Series X: I am experiencing very strong aliasing on my brand new refurbished Series X console. When I first got it it wasn't noticeable, but now it is very disturbing to me. I have tried changing monitors,...
  8. Xbox One Brightness too strong problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Brightness too strong problem: This issue suddenly presented itself today. My Xbox one today decided to show certain games in a very bright like display, it is like the brightness has been set to an ultra high level. I have...
  9. Hitman 3 on the PC won't open due to no internet when I have a strong connection

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hitman 3 on the PC won't open due to no internet when I have a strong connection: I downloaded Hitman 3 with gamepass and when I go to play it, I get to the starting screen where it says "press enter". When I press enter, it says I have no connection even though I have a strong...
  10. Strong aliasing Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Strong aliasing Xbox Series X: Hi I got an Xbox Series X with my 28 inches 4K monitor. I am getting really bad aliasing issues in games such as Forza Horizon 5. I have already reset the console to its factory defaults and tried...