Strict or Moderate NAT after opening the ports and placing it outside the DMZ solved

Discus and support Strict or Moderate NAT after opening the ports and placing it outside the DMZ solved in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; One thing that I found is that if you are using a modem / router configuration is that if your modem is set to mask your I.P. address (private instead... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Boxsox-1F35A0DC-88F0-4970-8DE7-711AF40B1CA6, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Strict or Moderate NAT after opening the ports and placing it outside the DMZ solved

One thing that I found is that if you are using a modem / router configuration is that if your modem is set to mask your I.P. address (private instead of public) that you may still see NAT issues. What I have found is that by switching to a non-masked I.P.
    (WARNING: you lose a level of network security by doing this) and by placing the X-Box outside of the NAT firewall (DMZ) that it cleared up ALL of my X-Box connectivity issues. This also solved my X-Box One NAT issues as well.

:)

Boxsox-1F35A0DC-88F0-4970-8DE7-711AF40B1CA6, Feb 17, 2014
  2. Why having troubles with NAT type ?

You need to explain the issue in detail. Is your xbox getting a moderate or strict NAT? Is it a double NAT? If it's the moderate or strict NAT, look into port forwarding or placing the xbox one in a DMZ through your router.

Brother Chaotic, Feb 17, 2014
  3. Lone Wulf81
    Lone Wulf81 Guest
    strict nat

ok after having my xbox 360 in dmz i put the one in dmz still strict nat took it back out got an open nat shut xbox down and restarted now i have a moderate nat says its behind a upnp port restricted nat have turned upnp off rebooted router turned upnp on
    rebooted router rebooted xbox one still moderate WTH

Lone Wulf81, Feb 17, 2014
  4. Strict or Moderate NAT after opening the ports and placing it outside the DMZ solved

Before you did this, did you do a simple XBL connection test? Whenever I had strict or moderate NAT settings, I just did a connection test and it pushed it back to open for me.

Dr Black Bones, Feb 18, 2014
  5. Yes I did do several connection tests (at various stages of troubleshooting) with the NAT remaining on strict. At 2 points I had also performed the left and right bumpers coupled with the left and right triggers as well. Neither even allowed my system to
    get even a moderate NAT. In the end I had to place my X-Box One outside of my NAT firewall (even with the non-masked I.P.) and I needed to open the 7 ports as well, to get an open NAT.

Boxsox-1F35A0DC-88F0-4970-8DE7-711AF40B1CA6, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Boxsox-1F35A0DC-88F0 Win User

Strict or Moderate NAT after opening the ports and placing it outside the DMZ solved

Yes I did do several connection tests (at various stages of troubleshooting) with the NAT remaining on strict. At 2 points I had also performed the left and right bumpers coupled with the left and right triggers as well. Neither even allowed my system to
    get even a moderate NAT. In the end I had to place my X-Box One outside of my NAT firewall (even with the non-masked I.P.) and I needed to open the 7 ports as well, to get an open NAT.
  7. Dr Black Bones Win User

Before you did this, did you do a simple XBL connection test? Whenever I had strict or moderate NAT settings, I just did a connection test and it pushed it back to open for me.
  8. Brother Chaotic Win User

Why having troubles with NAT type ?

You need to explain the issue in detail. Is your xbox getting a moderate or strict NAT? Is it a double NAT? If it's the moderate or strict NAT, look into port forwarding or placing the xbox one in a DMZ through your router.
  9. HairyLoveSpuds Win User

Will Xbox One and the new dedicated servers vanquish NAT issues?

Icestorm - While i think you are right in some aspects.

-

If i do not open my ports for Microsoft upon my router (or place my console within the DMZ), it does not matter if it is a dedicated server or not, my incoming and outgoing speed and going to be slowed down. My Nat would be Strict or Moderate.

-

Even Microsoft ask when connecting to their Xbox Live Servers, give you specific ports of which to open. Specifically 80, 3074, and 53. And it is even step 8 of the official NAT Xbox solutions. Step 7 is to place the console in the DMZ.

-

So even Microsofts Dedicated Online servers require that you Port Forward or DMZ, to ensure your NAT is open, rather then Moderate or Strict.

-

support.xbox.com/.../nat-error-solution

-

The above link gives you help when connecting to Xbox Live and you have a NAT problem.
  10. Lone Wulf81 Win User

strict nat

ok after having my xbox 360 in dmz i put the one in dmz still strict nat took it back out got an open nat shut xbox down and restarted now i have a moderate nat says its behind a upnp port restricted nat have turned upnp off rebooted router turned upnp on
    rebooted router rebooted xbox one still moderate WTH
Thema:

1. Strict or Moderate NAT after opening the ports and placing it outside the DMZ solved - Similar Threads - Strict Moderate NAT

2. Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?: I am trying to play some black ops three zombies with my friends but I cannot join them because bo3 says my nat type is strict. But when I go to my Xbox's network settings it says open and all...
  3. Y my nat type on strict how to change it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Y my nat type on strict how to change it: Y my nat type on strict how to change it For me please ff130cad-fe47-4e46-a560-655bafd61a18
  4. My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...: So my Xbox series X console will work normal sometimes for online gaming, showing I have am Open NAT type, then out of nowhere usually in the middle of gaming, goes to Strict NAT type. Have tried...
  5. Xbox is connected to internet but I have 100% packet loss, unsuccessful UPnP, and strict NAT.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox is connected to internet but I have 100% packet loss, unsuccessful UPnP, and strict NAT.: Just recently purchased the series X and I am trying to connect it to my college campus wifi. I had no issues with my previous console which was a one s. I am trying to use a wired connection and...
  6. My NAT type is stuck on strict

in XBoX on Consoles
    My NAT type is stuck on strict: I have a 4g Huawei router/modem (B315s-22) (I don't know what it is) which has a mobile Sim in it which were provided by my ISP then the router/modem is directly connected to my Xbox via ethernet....
  7. Why my NAT type is strict? Is there any way to change it to moderate or open NAT type?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my NAT type is strict? Is there any way to change it to moderate or open NAT type?: [img] I always get 200+ latency and 10-50% packet loss and sometimes the teredo is blocked, how do I fix this? e653aa41-1191-4078-b584-1f2e207ad3a7
  8. Xbox series X with now with Strict NAT after upgrading router

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X with now with Strict NAT after upgrading router: I have an Xbox Series X that I've had online for a while and worked fine with an older router. I purchased a new router, input the proper values, TCP/UDP ports, set a static IP for the Xbox like...
  9. Why is xbox so strict with bans? I have to walk on eggshells just to tell the camper that...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is xbox so strict with bans? I have to walk on eggshells just to tell the camper that...: It is really annoying because I want to play the game and part of the game is talking to other people, part of the fun was having people arguing 03516456-2251-4d55-9a66-db1ccedd9aac
  10. Why is Microsoft so strict and harsh?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is Microsoft so strict and harsh?: Microsoft banned my entire Xbox from multiplayer on a account I hardly even am on or even play on that account all I do is let my friends message people sometimes on it trash talking casually...