strict NAT on wired connection from dsl modem (no router)

Discus and support strict NAT on wired connection from dsl modem (no router) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; How is it possible to have a strict NAT direct from Fairpoint DSL modem no router involved. All the posts I read about the strict NAt say to change... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Aspired Legendd, Jun 22, 2014.

1. strict NAT on wired connection from dsl modem (no router)

How is it possible to have a strict NAT direct from Fairpoint DSL modem no router involved. All the posts I read about the strict NAt say to change router settings. I am not using a router. please help!!

:)

Aspired Legendd, Jun 22, 2014
  2. n0nAM3 11
    n0nAM3 11 Guest
    n0nAM3 11, Jun 22, 2014
  3. master_45
    master_45 Guest
    Please Help, Headset Issue

You're right, it's not your headsets.
    In rare occasions, your router can stop others from hearing you and it could be related to your NAT setting being strict. If your firewall on your router is on then you should be able to turn it off for testing. If you turn it back on then you should setup port forwarding to bypass the routers firewall. I suggest giving that a shot. If you're not comfortable with that, then I suggest asking a family member or friend. It that's not an option then I suggest you bypass the router all together and connect directly into the modem. If that is already being done then it's your xbox settings conflicting with the input of your mic.
    At this point it is the process of elimination and you should start by directly connecting to the modem, it's quick, it's precise and you'll bypass all the other troubleshooting steps by doing so.

1) Start by connecting directly to modem for NAT restriction testing.
    a.) did it work? Yes.Good your router hates you.
    b.) did it work? No.Sucks to be you and call microsoft.
    c.) did it work? Yes. Awesome you can thank me in advance and play some black ops 3 with me or game of choice.

Try this.

master_45, Jun 22, 2014
  4. steffb74
    steffb74 Guest

Hi, your dsl modem has an integrated router. I experienced the same with my modem/router of a different manufacturer. I bought an extra router and deactivated the router functionallity on my modem and now my nat is open.

Greetings

steffb74, Jun 22, 2014
  5. Ok thanks. How do I deactivate the router functionality on my modem?

Aspired Legendd, Jun 23, 2014
  6. steffb74
    steffb74 Guest
    Hi. I think that would be a solution but since I don't have your kind of dsl modem you have to search through the web to find yourself - or you are lucky and someone in here had exactly the same problem and can help now strict NAT on wired connection from dsl modem (no router) ;)

I just can give you a hint, hoping its the right way...

steffb74, Jun 23, 2014
  7. J.R.G.
    J.R.G. Guest
    Put it in "Bridge Mode" after buying another router and access your router settings.

www.fairpoint.com/residential

Peace, J.R.

J.R.G., Oct 31, 2018
  8. J.R.G. Win User

Ok thanks. How do I deactivate the router functionality on my modem?
    Put it in "Bridge Mode" after buying another router and access your router settings.

www.fairpoint.com/residential

Peace, J.R.
  9. steffb74 Win User

Hi. I think that would be a solution but since I don't have your kind of dsl modem you have to search through the web to find yourself - or you are lucky and someone in here had exactly the same problem and can help now ;)

I just can give you a hint, hoping its the right way...
  10. steffb74 Win User

Hi, your dsl modem has an integrated router. I experienced the same with my modem/router of a different manufacturer. I bought an extra router and deactivated the router functionallity on my modem and now my nat is open.

Greetings
  11. Aspired Legendd Win User

Ok thanks. How do I deactivate the router functionality on my modem?
  12. n0nAM3 11 Win User

Cannot figure out how to get open NAT, tried everything

Thema:

1. strict NAT on wired connection from dsl modem (no router) - Similar Threads - strict NAT wired

2. Y my nat type on strict how to change it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Y my nat type on strict how to change it: Y my nat type on strict how to change it For me please ff130cad-fe47-4e46-a560-655bafd61a18
  3. My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...: So my Xbox series X console will work normal sometimes for online gaming, showing I have am Open NAT type, then out of nowhere usually in the middle of gaming, goes to Strict NAT type. Have tried...
  4. Xbox is connected to internet but I have 100% packet loss, unsuccessful UPnP, and strict NAT.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox is connected to internet but I have 100% packet loss, unsuccessful UPnP, and strict NAT.: Just recently purchased the series X and I am trying to connect it to my college campus wifi. I had no issues with my previous console which was a one s. I am trying to use a wired connection and...
  5. My NAT type is stuck on strict

in XBoX on Consoles
    My NAT type is stuck on strict: I have a 4g Huawei router/modem (B315s-22) (I don't know what it is) which has a mobile Sim in it which were provided by my ISP then the router/modem is directly connected to my Xbox via ethernet....
  6. Why my NAT type is strict? Is there any way to change it to moderate or open NAT type?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my NAT type is strict? Is there any way to change it to moderate or open NAT type?: [img] I always get 200+ latency and 10-50% packet loss and sometimes the teredo is blocked, how do I fix this? e653aa41-1191-4078-b584-1f2e207ad3a7
  7. Xbox series X with now with Strict NAT after upgrading router

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X with now with Strict NAT after upgrading router: I have an Xbox Series X that I've had online for a while and worked fine with an older router. I purchased a new router, input the proper values, TCP/UDP ports, set a static IP for the Xbox like...
  8. Strict NAT - cannot play FH4 online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Strict NAT - cannot play FH4 online: Both my Xbox companion and the Xbox networking settings have a strict NAT setting, so online playlists in FH4 are joinable, but they don't load in. The only way to exit is to restart the computer....
  9. Double NAT detected - currently in strict NAT type. I will like it to be open please

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double NAT detected - currently in strict NAT type. I will like it to be open please: Double NAT detected - currently in strict NAT type. I will like it to be open please 3d36e8e6-1002-4a11-9210-703c25531f56
  10. Hi how do i change my nat settings it says strict and nothing helps

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi how do i change my nat settings it says strict and nothing helps: How do i change my nat settings on my xbox one it stays on strict plz help i tried multiple ways no luck e91fb54e-f9a9-4ff6-ad6b-823559a35480