Strict NAT - cannot play FH4 online

Discus and support Strict NAT - cannot play FH4 online in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Both my Xbox companion and the Xbox networking settings have a strict NAT setting, so online playlists in FH4 are joinable, but they don't load in. The... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by wee988, Aug 17, 2023.

1. wee988
    wee988 Guest

Both my Xbox companion and the Xbox networking settings have a strict NAT setting, so online playlists in FH4 are joinable, but they don't load in. The only way to exit is to restart the computer. I've tried everything listed on the support pages dealing with NAT for the PC Steam version of Forza Horizon 4, as well as the pages dealing with terado tunneling software, which as far as I can tell is working properly. I've also opened the required ports on my firewall. Are there any log files I can upload that can help diagnose my issue? I'm not an IT expert and am at a loss for what to do next.

:)

wee988, Aug 17, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello wee988,

We appreciate for your prompt response.

We are sorry to hear that you have gave up on this and as much as we want to help you with your NAT type, the best way to address your concern is contacting your internet service provider as changing these settings may have potential security risks especially when your network is not secure when making changes.

Thank you for choosing Microsoft. Stay safe!

Sincerely,

3. wee988 Win User

I've decided to give up on this game. Thanks for the help, but it's not worth it to me. Sorry for wasting your time.
  4. Tomm_A Win User

Hello wee988,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, your Network Address Translation type or (NAT) type is Strick and unable to change it to moderate or open NAT type to play online and multiplayer game for Forza Horizon 4. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

To change your NAT type from strict to moderate or open, you can try the following steps provided in the link below. If the provided steps do not help resolve the issue, we may need to contact your internet service provider for further assistance. Here is the link for the troubleshooting steps: NAT type on Windows displays "Teredo is unable to qualify" | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

5. KiroGL Win User

"Sufficient privileges"

Yes, this is only in FH4. My NAT is moderate. I've looked around the internet on how to change Moderate/Strict to Open and well it's too complicated for me. FH4 is the only game I play on Microsoft store. I reinstalled the game 2-4 times and I played
    online after reinstalling though one time out of those reinstallations didn't work. once again I can access Forza Livery's and auctions.
  6. MapeXy Win User

STRICT NAT TYPE

hi, thanks for getting back to me.

Tried the steps above, but sadly they did not work, NAT type is still showing as Strict and i still cannot play online :(
Thema:

1. Strict NAT - cannot play FH4 online - Similar Threads - Strict NAT cannot

2. My nat thpe is strict

in XBoX on Consoles
    My nat thpe is strict: I have no clue about ports n forwarding f099f163-2036-40d9-af16-4fa4ab59e943
  3. Xbox one x downstairs Xbox one upstairs NAT still Strict

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x downstairs Xbox one upstairs NAT still Strict: Hello, I cannot for the life of me get this fixed the easiest way possible. I have an Xbox One X downstairs can call it Xbox #1. I have an Xbox One upstairs in my bedroom, which can be called...
  4. Arris: Cannot fix Strict NAT Type

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Arris: Cannot fix Strict NAT Type: Arris (Modems/Gateways): Cannot fix Strict NAT Type Tried that one and 8.8.8.8 but neither worked :( acda9652-d3cd-46e7-94c3-84a229bf4c71
  5. Xbox One console connected to internet but cannot access Xbox Live - message NAT strict

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One console connected to internet but cannot access Xbox Live - message NAT strict: We have recently experienced loss of internet. A sky technician visited our home yesterday and changed our router and installed a booster. All devices connected to Wifi. However, we have two...
  6. I CANNOT FIX THIS STRICT NAT TYPE **** ON ADVANCED WARFARE WHEN MY NAT IS OPEN IN SETTINGS. I ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I CANNOT FIX THIS STRICT NAT TYPE **** ON ADVANCED WARFARE WHEN MY NAT IS OPEN IN SETTINGS. I ...: CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME FIX THIS RIDICULOUS PROBLEM OR LINK ME TO SOMETHING USEFUL. -.- AW SUCKS. 2cdfaaaf-00a6-43bd-8a0e-0073b5e25c20
  7. Cannot find Teredo IP adress and NAT type is strict/unavaible

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot find Teredo IP adress and NAT type is strict/unavaible: On my PS4, everything on my connection is fine, and that nat type is open. I have no trouble with any multiplayer features. I recently got an Xbox one, and when I check the multiplayer connection,...
  8. NAT typ is Strict, Cannot get a Teredo IP address

in XBoX on Consoles
    NAT typ is Strict, Cannot get a Teredo IP address: Hello, I think I read all the posts there. I have a problem with XBOX one and with connection with my friend and play multiplayer. Some information: I have public IP adress. UPNP is enable....
  9. Cannot get NAT open on XBOX ONE; stuck on strict.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot get NAT open on XBOX ONE; stuck on strict.: I cannot get an open nat for three different routers I tried for the xbox one. I can only get an open nat when connected directly to the modem. However, I had to get my ISP to give me a static IP...
  10. NAT Type Strict and Cannot get a Teredo IP Address

in XBoX on Consoles
    NAT Type Strict and Cannot get a Teredo IP Address: Hey guys, Xbox Live worked fine for a long time after I got my Xbox One. All of a sudden I found i couldnt connect to Fifa along with other Xbox One multiplayer games. When I went into my...