Strict NAT - ATT Uverse NVG589 Modem issues

Discus and support Strict NAT - ATT Uverse NVG589 Modem issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I have tried everything from turning off all the Firewall settings, turning off Packet Filter, using NAT/Gaming Hosted Applications to open ports,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AlfaFoxWuf, Jun 7, 2014.

1. AlfaFoxWuf
    AlfaFoxWuf Guest

So I have tried everything from turning off all the Firewall settings, turning off Packet Filter, using NAT/Gaming Hosted Applications to open ports, IP Passthrough, and a few other things but cannot get my NAT to go to OPEN. I had a technician out here
    today checking all the lines, and everything comes back fine. I switched from DSL to not only upgrade my internet (3mb/s to 12mb/s) but to try and fix this problem. I've talked to customer support for hours at ATT and have gotten nowhere.

Could someone please help me with this?

:)

AlfaFoxWuf, Jun 7, 2014
  2. MisterFizzle
    MisterFizzle Guest
    Connection/NAT issues with ATT NVG589 Uverse Modem/Router

Hey there Juiced,

Sorry to hear you're having issues connecting using your new router.

I would definitely recommend reading through the suggestions in our
    How to Open NAT
    sticky thread. It has some great steps for port forwarding and further solutions if you're still having NAT issues.

Please let us know how those all work for you and we'll go from there.

MisterFizzle, Jun 7, 2014
  3. Enigma Dragon 0, Jun 7, 2014
  4. jmcode
    jmcode Guest

Is your Xbox One connected directly to the NVG589 or do you have a router connected to the NVG589 then to the Xbox?

jmcode, Jun 8, 2014
  5. Having the exact same problem with comcast except when I run a multiplayer test it says no teredo ip, I have done EVERYTHING in my power to fix it and it still is strict and it still says no teredo ip. I have even bypassed my router completely and plugged
    it straight into the modem, STILL CAN'T GET A TEREDO IP. WHAT

Sammity Sam Sam, Jun 8, 2014
  6. TheDyzaster
    TheDyzaster Guest
    Sammity Sam Sam, check this link:
    forums.xbox.com/.../1769913.aspx

Follow my instructions there for the Teredo IP error, that will fix that. Also, Master reset wont fix Teredo IP because your router is set to enable Teredo upon a master reset, so you have to disable it manually after wards

TheDyzaster, Jun 8, 2014
  7. My console always changed from open to strict my way of curing it which is a pain.is to reboot router but make sure xbox is off load up,reboot router load up reboot router load up boom open again and works fine.

Make sure upnp is ticked inside your router aswell

MessiahBrowny, Jun 10, 2014
  8. Strict NAT - ATT Uverse NVG589 Modem issues

The NVG589 does not support UPnP which causes Nat issues especially if there are multiple xboxs connected to it.

Do you have more than one Xbox connected to it?

Also, do you have your own router connected to the 589? If so you would be causing a double Nat.

And FYI, I have the 589. I have no Nat issues because I use my own router, properly set up, behind the 589. Here is a tutorial for the set up. www.dslreports.com/faq/17734

Da Wife Said No, Oct 31, 2018
  9. MessiahBrowny Win User

My console always changed from open to strict my way of curing it which is a pain.is to reboot router but make sure xbox is off load up,reboot router load up reboot router load up boom open again and works fine.

Make sure upnp is ticked inside your router aswell
  10. TheDyzaster Win User

Sammity Sam Sam, check this link:
    forums.xbox.com/.../1769913.aspx

Follow my instructions there for the Teredo IP error, that will fix that. Also, Master reset wont fix Teredo IP because your router is set to enable Teredo upon a master reset, so you have to disable it manually after wards
  11. Sammity Sam Sam Win User

Having the exact same problem with comcast except when I run a multiplayer test it says no teredo ip, I have done EVERYTHING in my power to fix it and it still is strict and it still says no teredo ip. I have even bypassed my router completely and plugged
    it straight into the modem, STILL CAN'T GET A TEREDO IP. WHAT
  12. jmcode Win User

Is your Xbox One connected directly to the NVG589 or do you have a router connected to the NVG589 then to the Xbox?
  13. Da Wife Said No Win User

The NVG589 does not support UPnP which causes Nat issues especially if there are multiple xboxs connected to it.

Do you have more than one Xbox connected to it?

Also, do you have your own router connected to the 589? If so you would be causing a double Nat.

And FYI, I have the 589. I have no Nat issues because I use my own router, properly set up, behind the 589. Here is a tutorial for the set up. www.dslreports.com/faq/17734
Thema:

1. Strict NAT - ATT Uverse NVG589 Modem issues - Similar Threads - Strict NAT ATT

2. My nat thpe is strict

in XBoX on Consoles
    My nat thpe is strict: I have no clue about ports n forwarding f099f163-2036-40d9-af16-4fa4ab59e943
  3. Xbox one x downstairs Xbox one upstairs NAT still Strict

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x downstairs Xbox one upstairs NAT still Strict: Hello, I cannot for the life of me get this fixed the easiest way possible. I have an Xbox One X downstairs can call it Xbox #1. I have an Xbox One upstairs in my bedroom, which can be called...
  4. Series x set as dmz and nat open keeps changing to strict upnp unsucsessful

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x set as dmz and nat open keeps changing to strict upnp unsucsessful: Series x i get it set up so its open and works fine, within a few days its reverted to strict nat, and upnp unsussesful. Ive set up staric ip and dmz server made sure relevant ports are open and...
  5. Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?: I am trying to play some black ops three zombies with my friends but I cannot join them because bo3 says my nat type is strict. But when I go to my Xbox's network settings it says open and all...
  6. Y my nat type on strict how to change it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Y my nat type on strict how to change it: Y my nat type on strict how to change it For me please ff130cad-fe47-4e46-a560-655bafd61a18
  7. My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...: So my Xbox series X console will work normal sometimes for online gaming, showing I have am Open NAT type, then out of nowhere usually in the middle of gaming, goes to Strict NAT type. Have tried...
  8. Xbox is connected to internet but I have 100% packet loss, unsuccessful UPnP, and strict NAT.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox is connected to internet but I have 100% packet loss, unsuccessful UPnP, and strict NAT.: Just recently purchased the series X and I am trying to connect it to my college campus wifi. I had no issues with my previous console which was a one s. I am trying to use a wired connection and...
  9. My NAT type is stuck on strict

in XBoX on Consoles
    My NAT type is stuck on strict: I have a 4g Huawei router/modem (B315s-22) (I don't know what it is) which has a mobile Sim in it which were provided by my ISP then the router/modem is directly connected to my Xbox via ethernet....
  10. Strict NAT on ATT mobile hotspot

in XBoX on Consoles
    Strict NAT on ATT mobile hotspot: I have a ATT unite pro mobile hotspot that is my only internet option for where I live (near the city so i have good speed but off the road enough that don't have cable). I can play my Xbox one...