Streets of rage 4 Xbox game pass won't launch on Windows 11

Discus and support Streets of rage 4 Xbox game pass won't launch on Windows 11 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Already tried: 1- Resetting and repairing gaming services, Xbox app, Store app. 2- Clearing Xbox's app cache 3- Reinstalling gaming services 4-... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kiyanoush K, Sep 21, 2023.

1. Kiyanoush K
    Kiyanoush K Guest

Already tried:

1- Resetting and repairing gaming services, Xbox app, Store app.

2- Clearing Xbox's app cache

3- Reinstalling gaming services

4- Deleting gaming services and gaming services net on regedit

5- Changing my desktop resolution

6- Changing my display languages

7- Restarting gaming service and Xbox related services

and many many other online suggestions.
    The only thing that makes the game to stop and think for a while is changing time and date from automatically updating itself to manual update and setting time as Paris local time. Then game starts thinking for about 1 minute before crashing again. All other Xbox pc games run successfully.

Error code in all instances is: 0x80040904

:)

Kiyanoush K, Sep 21, 2023
  2. Kiyanoush K Win User

I've un-installed and reinstalled it over 20 times so far before posting this question here.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

OK well your question says that you got it from Game Pass.

If you had Game Pass when you downloaded it, delete the game and reinstall it if you have purchased it, that should remove the Game Pass tags
  4. Kiyanoush K Win User

I actually sovled it myself. For whoever who's reading this in the future this is what I did after asking numerous Microsoft volunteers and Microsoft employees and no one was able to solve it:

I changed the default directory for Streets of Rage 4 by going to settings and then install options. Change it to wherever you want.

Then I went to C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Local\Packages\DotEmu.StreetsofRage4_map6zyh9ym1xy

Then I went to settings and deleted what was there. As long as you open the first subfolder and you find a file but not a folder, delete them. I don't remember what other folder I deleted its file.

Then I went back to Windows 11 settings and repaired and reset Xbox SOR4 files.

Then Volia it worked like a charm. It seems like the crashed or bad files get cached under game's folders and when you delete them the game is forced to replace them with healthy files. Then your game runs again.
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

streets of rage four left game pass a year ago, you have to buy the game if you wish to continue playing
  6. Kiyanoush K Win User

The very first time I played the game I fully purchased it.
Thema:

1. Streets of rage 4 Xbox game pass won't launch on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Streets rage game

2. I purchased MS streets and trips many years ago for my RV. I recently had to get a new...

in XBoX on Windows
    I purchased MS streets and trips many years ago for my RV. I recently had to get a new...: Please let me use my old software, I am not a threat to MS. I use this program to move around the country. Why is a stand alone CD copy limited. When I purchased this product there was no...
  3. Can we add Nba Street vol 2 to gamepass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can we add Nba Street vol 2 to gamepass: Can we bring nba street vol 2 for xbox game pass d8e52de9-e416-45fc-a78f-384d238718d6
  4. Why wont my Xbox one download the new street fighter?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why wont my Xbox one download the new street fighter?: Cant download new street fighter 5cc98d2c-16fd-45f7-93db-05b41127dc1f
  5. The free Energizer lithium pack was free for need for speed pro Street but not able to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The free Energizer lithium pack was free for need for speed pro Street but not able to...: How can I download the free Energizer lithium pack on nfs pro Street It was supposed to be added to the game 671c9cb9-feea-4408-8b9d-2aa92c04884a
  6. Street Fighter 6 is Completely Broken (Will Not Even Fully Boot) in Alpha Skip Ahead Ring

in XboX Insiders
    Street Fighter 6 is Completely Broken (Will Not Even Fully Boot) in Alpha Skip Ahead Ring: Please fix this. The game crashes 100% of the time and I cannot play my game that I paid over $100 for!!! Yes, I submitted a bug through the dashboard. submitted by /u/Yoshi_Cookie [link]...
  7. Gta 5 little man walking down the street idk it wants 150 text to post so I gotten to make...

in XboX Insiders
    Gta 5 little man walking down the street idk it wants 150 text to post so I gotten to make...: Gta 5 just playing trying to grow my stream I don't want DONOS just good people to vibe and watch when I go live. submitted by /u/Straight_Set3875 [link] [comments]
  8. Street of rage 4 gamepad detection issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Street of rage 4 gamepad detection issues: Hello, I have installed "Street of rage 4" through the Xbox (beta) Game Pass. The game starts OK but it isn't detecting the Xbox 360 controllers (it says they are disconnected). It happens the...
  9. Street of Rage 4 crash everytime

in XboX Insiders
    Street of Rage 4 crash everytime: Hi, I've seen lot of post for Street of Rage 4 crashing and I've tried everything they said but still not working for my Windows 10 , Xbox Beta App. submitted by /u/fpscan [link] [comments]
  10. Street of Rage 4 not launching on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Street of Rage 4 not launching on PC: Hello everyone! As soon as I click on play I get this screen of loading and nothing happens... after some seconds the game closes. Does anybody else is facing the same issue? [img]...