Streaming games with offline router ?

Discus and support Streaming games with offline router ? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Good morning, I would like to ask about the function of streaming games between Xbox One S and a laptop with Windows 10. I understand that I get better... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Piotr222222, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Piotr222222
    Piotr222222 Guest

Good morning, I would like to ask about the function of streaming games between Xbox One S and a laptop with Windows 10. I understand that I get better image quality by connecting consoles and laptop using cables
    connected to the same router.
    The question arises whether the router must be connected to the internet?
    Is it enough to have an "offline" router connected to the power supply, with two ethernet cables, one for the console and the other for the laptop?

:)

Piotr222222, Oct 6, 2018
  2. SPITFIRE-SIX
    SPITFIRE-SIX Guest
    Windows 10 Streaming...Anyone Else Loving This?

Quality is determined by your router frequency and traffic. Most common routers are 2.4ghz. This low frequency is not good for content streaming and always has higher chance that you will lose connection. If you switch to a 5 ghz router, you should be able to stream all content between your windows 10 and xbox with no issue. It is not related to your isp at all. My current solution is im using a dual band router, all normal internet connections are through 2.4ghz. Xbox is connected to 5ghz, and any computer I want to stream to is on 5ghz.

SPITFIRE-SIX, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Shpinxis
    Shpinxis Guest
    Stream Xbox One to PC offline?

It doesn't seem to work, but can you stream your Xbox One to your PC offline like either through a straight ethernet connection or through a router that is offline? It seems weird that you wouldn't be able to do this, but maybe I'm wrong. Thanks.

Shpinxis, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Streaming games with offline router ?

Yes, it should work. As long as they are on the same local network, they should be able to recognize each other and allow local streaming to an Xbox App. The problem you might face is, that I haven't tested, so I can't say for sure, is if you're hoping
    to have a dual connection on the Xbox Console. I'm not certain if the Xbox One will maintain a wireless connection for Xbox Live connection AS WELL AS a wired connection for your local streaming setup. I'm not sure if that's what you'd hope to do, but that
    might lead to issues, particularly if the game you want to play is an online game, or requires an internet connection.

Let us know if you have any questions or problems getting it to work.

PalmettoBling, Oct 6, 2018
  5. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    I've been looking around online and have not been able to find any information on being able to stream to your PC while not having an internet connection. I do not believe that is an available feature.

You can check the
    streaming troubleshooting
    page though just in case.

onyxishere, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: