Streaming games from long distances

Discus and support Streaming games from long distances in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I really like the idea of streaming games from my surface, but it would be nice to not have be connected to the same network as my Xbox. While being... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Kyle the GOAT, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Streaming games from long distances

I really like the idea of streaming games from my surface, but it would be nice to not have be connected to the same network as my Xbox. While being able to stream games while in my house is nice, I would rather just go to my Xbox and play games on the bigger
    screen. However, I thought it would be very nice to be able to stream games while I was away from my Xbox. This would be very handy while I'm out visiting my brother at his house, or while playing games at a friends. If we were able to stream games on windows
    10 from a distance it would open doors for many opportunities.

:)

Kyle the GOAT, Apr 11, 2016
  2. HenryGamer1
    HenryGamer1 Guest
    Long distance stream

I was wondering if I could use Xbox’s streaming service to stream games from my cousin’s console to my laptop so that I could play from my house and not his, cause his house is pretty far. Is this in any way possible?

HenryGamer1, Apr 11, 2016
  3. Kahnigut
    Kahnigut Guest
    "Can't connect to your console. Make sure it's turned on and connected to the network."

Hi, I just started trying to stream games to my laptop using Windows 10 and seconds after my laptop starts streaming, it disconnects, the stream closes and the message "Can't connect to your console. Make sure it's turned on and connected to the network."
    (even though after disconnecting it immediately connects to the console again) I've managed to launch different apps and games, but still, a few seconds after the stream would begin it would disconnect. My system meets all the hardware requirements, I'm connected
    using a wireless router and my Xbox and laptop are the only devices connected to the network. I can't use an ethernet cable, unfortunately, because of my laptop's distance from it and my Xbox's distance from it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kahnigut, Apr 11, 2016
  4. Bobyevil
    Bobyevil Guest

Hi, that would be great indeed but I think that for most the amount of data usage would be considerable sice it would either require a mobile network connection or the use of broadband data plans.

Bobyevil, Apr 17, 2016
  5. That's the price you have to pay for the convenience. It would be great in fact I mentioned that before. Because of my work I carry my xb1 in my suitcase, I would love to be able to stream outside of my home network, now that would be awesome!!!

TerrellCrockett, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: