Strange 2nd hand xbox 360

Discus and support Strange 2nd hand xbox 360 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, guys i just got some money and i was going to buy an xbox 360, ive seen one really cheap (for 40 euros) with box,without controller (i have a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SuperDfx2, Oct 4, 2014.

1. SuperDfx2
    SuperDfx2 Guest

Hello, guys i just got some money and i was going to buy an xbox 360, ive seen one really cheap (for 40 euros) with box,without controller (i have a pc verison for it) and every cables.The guy that was selling it says that its a Falcon revision but the
    supply was for Zephyr (Serviced maybe), and also that the xbox was randomly freezing, i can provide pictures of it, so my question is: is it a safe buy, or i need to pass it ?By the way im from Bulgaria (here we dont have live, but we have gold cards).

:)

SuperDfx2, Oct 4, 2014
  2. Dy1an wass
    Dy1an wass Guest
    Xbox live

Dy1an wass, Oct 4, 2014
  3. All the people complaining about no backward compatibility

Well at least for one thing the xbox 360 will now be the most sold 2nd hand console now as well Strange 2nd hand xbox 360 ;)

It might even beat xbox ONE sales lmao

Peter van Rijswijk, Oct 4, 2014
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

No one here can really say if it's a safe buy or not but there is a risk in buying 2nd hand consoles.

There could be a number of things wrong with it,it may even be a banned console.

personally i'd never buy a 2nd hand console

Daft Badger, Oct 4, 2014
  5. M Llama
    M Llama Guest
    If you can't get onto live or do not intend to ever use live, a banned console wouldn't be much of an issue. A banned console can not work online. If you are cool with LAN, split screen, and single player, a banned console would be fine. You can check if
    it is banned here:

enforcement.xbox.com/.../ConsoleCheck

Get the serial number of the console, enter the style and serial then click check. I suggest this because it seems you can't do anything that has to do with internet if it is banned from what I have read.

As far as the random freezing, this could be a multitude of issue. Depending on when where and how it freezes, it could be a cpu issue, an optical drive issue, a software corruption issue, a modded xbox (this goes back to banning consoles), a cooling issue,
    or a number of other issues. You may find that even with the console being a low cost purchase, the repair might cost more than another system at a slightly higher price.

My suggestion is to find out what is wrong with the system first and research the cost to repair. If you have to purchase it today or lose it, I would STILL suggest trying to get information about the exact issue causing the freeze ups, and keep your eyes
    open for another 360 that is in your price range. If you lose the chance to buy it, don't worry. Chances are you will find another console reasonably priced in the near future. If you just jump at a system with a known freezing issue, you may be throwing your
    money away if the system is unplayable.

M Llama, Oct 31, 2018
  6. M Llama Win User

If you can't get onto live or do not intend to ever use live, a banned console wouldn't be much of an issue. A banned console can not work online. If you are cool with LAN, split screen, and single player, a banned console would be fine. You can check if
    it is banned here:

enforcement.xbox.com/.../ConsoleCheck

Get the serial number of the console, enter the style and serial then click check. I suggest this because it seems you can't do anything that has to do with internet if it is banned from what I have read.

As far as the random freezing, this could be a multitude of issue. Depending on when where and how it freezes, it could be a cpu issue, an optical drive issue, a software corruption issue, a modded xbox (this goes back to banning consoles), a cooling issue,
    or a number of other issues. You may find that even with the console being a low cost purchase, the repair might cost more than another system at a slightly higher price.

My suggestion is to find out what is wrong with the system first and research the cost to repair. If you have to purchase it today or lose it, I would STILL suggest trying to get information about the exact issue causing the freeze ups, and keep your eyes
    open for another 360 that is in your price range. If you lose the chance to buy it, don't worry. Chances are you will find another console reasonably priced in the near future. If you just jump at a system with a known freezing issue, you may be throwing your
    money away if the system is unplayable.
  7. Daft Badger Win User

No one here can really say if it's a safe buy or not but there is a risk in buying 2nd hand consoles.

There could be a number of things wrong with it,it may even be a banned console.

personally i'd never buy a 2nd hand console
  8. Sid87404 Win User

Toy Story 3

it seems you need to purchase it using an xbox 360 console.

i'm trying to find a local 2nd hand copy of the game or a 2nd hand console....
  9. Adam Sheetz Win User

Problem with 2nd hand 360.

Hi NZ_Niff, My name is Adam. I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with your Xbox 360. Based on the information you provided, it seems that you’re unable to access the free gold games and live profiles on your Xbox 360. I suggest you try the following steps:

1. Clear the cache of your Xbox 360: Clearing the cache of your Xbox 360 can help resolve issues with your console.

2. Reset your Xbox 360: If clearing the cache doesn’t work, you can try resetting your Xbox 360.

3. Please check this link to troubleshoot the error code issue: https://support.xbox.com/help/errors/xbox-360/error-code-80072741.

4. If the steps above don't work, you will need to speak to an agent by following the following steps: Access the link below, then select the option to ask a question. Make sure you are logged in with your account on the site. After that, describe your problem and select the option to speak to an agent.

"This issue may be linked to an error in your account, which would require you to contact them. Link to contact them":
    https://support.xbox.com/contact-us

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Adam
  10. Peter van Rijswijk Win User

All the people complaining about no backward compatibility

Well at least for one thing the xbox 360 will now be the most sold 2nd hand console now as well ;)

It might even beat xbox ONE sales lmao
Thema:

1. Strange 2nd hand xbox 360 - Similar Threads - Strange 2nd hand

2. Help with strange xbox message situation

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Help with strange xbox message situation: Hi, I was playing siege about an hour ago when I thought I somehow got a communication ban. I was trying to join my friends party but it kept putting me in game chat, I then went to message my...
  3. Strange Japanese Rdr on my Xbox Profile, not available for purchase

in XboX Insiders
    Strange Japanese Rdr on my Xbox Profile, not available for purchase: I have two versions of Red Dead Redemption. One is the regular 25 pound version on my Xbox Series S. The other version is on my Nans Xbox 360 that used to belong to my Uncle. I play it when I’m...
  4. Xbox controller is acting strange, how can I fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller is acting strange, how can I fix it?: My xbox one controller keeps disconnecting then randomly reconnecting, however after it reconnects it either doesnt work and I have to take the batteries out and restart it, or a random button...
  5. Hi so I have this strange problem with my elite series 2 controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi so I have this strange problem with my elite series 2 controller.: [img] I’ll post an image so everyone can see what i’m talking about but the top layer of metal on the joystick is bending upward. I’m not really sure how this happened. I’m assuming it’s just from...
  6. Strange issue when trying to load Xbox.com/play from within Chrome

in XboX Insiders
    Strange issue when trying to load Xbox.com/play from within Chrome: When I load up Xbox.com/play on Chrome and login all of the games are grayed out and I can’t select anything. I am an ultimate subscriber. It works fine on my phone, but is failing on my Android...
  7. Xbox Controls are acting strangely

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controls are acting strangely: I have tried searching for an answer to this but have been unsuccessful so I apologize if this has already been answered but I couldn’t find someone having the same problem as me; My Xbox...
  8. Strange message while trying to play fallout. How do I override this.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Strange message while trying to play fallout. How do I override this.: Strange message on fallout 76 game hoe do I get rid of it e891e29e-a22e-4731-96fa-13cf71e54377
  9. Strange visual issues with overlays such as Nvidia and Reshade

in XBoX on Windows
    Strange visual issues with overlays such as Nvidia and Reshade: So I have no idea how to even ask this question but for the last few months I have been getting these graphical anomolies when trying to apply a filter from Nvidia or reshade in all my games. I'm...
  10. Help my text on xbox looks really strange almost alien like

in XBoX on Windows
    Help my text on xbox looks really strange almost alien like: Help!! [img] d7c884a6-a10c-4446-a312-620714920c7b