Store won't let me buy backward compatible games (Fallout 3 / NV)

Discus and support Store won't let me buy backward compatible games (Fallout 3 / NV) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to buy Fallout 3 for the XBox One (ie. XBox 360 backward compatibility), but the Store will not let me, apparently due to localisation... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Adleones, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Adleones
    Adleones Guest

I am trying to buy Fallout 3 for the XBox One (ie. XBox 360 backward compatibility), but the Store will not let me, apparently due to localisation issues. I am in the Netherlands, the region on my PC as well as my XBox is set to the Netherlands. When I go
    to the store via my PC the site localisation is set to the Netherlands and is in Dutch. When I search for Fallout 3 I find it, with text still in Dutch and the price listed in euros.

Yet when I click the "Game kopen" (ie. "Buy game") button, I get a new screen that is in English, with the price now listed in US dollar, and with the notification that I have no available payment options for my account (which I do, as I can clearly see
    when I go to my account page; presumably however, these are only valid within the Netherlands). If I click on the 'add payment option' link here, I only get an option to add payment options for a US address, which I obviously don't have. If I try to buy directly
    via my Xbox, I immediately get a price in dollars and no available payment options.

To check I've tried it with another XBox 360 game that is supposed to be available for backward compatibility (Fallout New Vegas), which shows the same issue. Randomly picking a regular Xbox One game works fine however (that is, the site language remains
    Dutch, price in euros, and my payment options show up as they're supposed to), suggesting that this is specific to XBox 360 backward compatibility games. There is no indication why, nor have I found any remotely useful support pages on this (closest is this
    page, but that doesn't help at all: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing/payment-and-purchases/troubleshoot-xbox360-marketplace-purcha...)

:)

Adleones, Jan 7, 2018
  2. Rodoggamer
    Rodoggamer Guest
    Fallout 3 GOTY and Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition DLC discs.

I recently noticed that both Fallout 3 and New Vegas are on the Backwards Compatible list for Xbox One. However since I didn't buy the DLC through the Xbox Store and instead bought the games in the GOTY for Fallout 3 and Ultimate Edition for New Vegas,
    can the discs with all the DLC be put into the console to load it or am I forced to buy this content from the store.

Rodoggamer, Jan 7, 2018
  3. 360 games dlc on xbox 1

All DLC is compatible for Fallout 3, Fallout NV and Oblivion. Do you have the game on Disc or was it a digital download?

Obsessive Power, Jan 7, 2018
  4. rangerjoery
    rangerjoery Guest

buy on XBOX ONE the store and if its french delete game set region in settings from your console united states and the game will be downloaded in english i did with fable 3 worked like a charm

change region to france buy game change region to united states download game if u try to download in netherlands region game may be in french totally french XD like in belgium !

just change region to belgium or other regions that also pay with euro may help or may not help just tell me if it works or not work

rangerjoery, Jan 11, 2018
  5. rangerjoery Win User

buy on XBOX ONE the store and if its french delete game set region in settings from your console united states and the game will be downloaded in english i did with fable 3 worked like a charm

change region to france buy game change region to united states download game if u try to download in netherlands region game may be in french totally french XD like in belgium !

just change region to belgium or other regions that also pay with euro may help or may not help just tell me if it works or not work
  6. BarrelBurrito01 Win User

why doesnt my fallout 3 X Box 360 disc play on my X Box One?

Are you trying to use the regular fallout 3 disc or the game of the year edition? I've read a lot of posts saying there are problems with the game of the year edition saying it won't work or it won't let you install the dlc. Do you have any other backwards
    compatible discs that won't work either or is it just fallout?
  7. Obsessive Power Win User

360 games dlc on xbox 1

All DLC is compatible for Fallout 3, Fallout NV and Oblivion. Do you have the game on Disc or was it a digital download?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Cx7KPUfPH4
  8. ELPMarine0719 Win User

Pre Order Backwards Compatibility Question

Fallout 3 is not on backwards compatible list. Which is *** stupid since Microsoft is offering it as a bonus with preorder of fallout 4 through Xbox store
  9. Jackram2h2 Win User

What is youre favorite song?

Fallout 3: Lets Go Sunning or Maybe.

Fallout NV: Lets Ride into the sunset together or Begin Again.
Thema:

1. Store won't let me buy backward compatible games (Fallout 3 / NV) - Similar Threads - Store won't let

2. Why won't Microsoft Store let me install Broforce

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Microsoft Store let me install Broforce: Microsoft Store is not letting me install Broforce. I have Game Pass but it's just not letting me install it. I'm on Series X 0894d663-85b1-4ee8-9fde-fc1b59f26cba
  3. The Orange box on 360 STILL won't let us buy it in the store, why is that and why havent...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Orange box on 360 STILL won't let us buy it in the store, why is that and why havent...: Some of us have gone all digital and would like it in our library. Why can't we buy it? Take my money. a89aefc3-606d-4fe5-a851-34feb1da4169
  4. Xbox app on Windows 10 won't even let me in into the store and library, any suggetions?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app on Windows 10 won't even let me in into the store and library, any suggetions?: [img] please help ca97ee6f-1011-4490-ae3d-46fff75aca7d
  5. The Windows Store won't let me play anything

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Windows Store won't let me play anything: Six days ago I bought Age of Empires 3 and I've been playing it all week with no issues. Today I wanted to open the game and I get a pop up saying that Windows Store won't let me play. So I opened...
  6. Help it won't let me update the Microsoft store

in XboX Insiders
    Help it won't let me update the Microsoft store: It keeps saying installation stopped and I've unplugged everything done all that apart from reset console I'm worried about doing that submitted by /u/jake7077 [link] [comments]
  7. Xbox XS won't let me type in the game store or let me review games

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox XS won't let me type in the game store or let me review games: Just now, I've noticed my series x has stopped letting me type and search for games in the Microsoft store just as well as I can't review a game. I can send messages and everything else works...
  8. Microsoft Store won't let me sign out.

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Store won't let me sign out.: Dear Support, This is an issue that has arose from a wider issue that I shall explain for context. I have been using a gmail account as the host for my microsoft account (for system log in...
  9. Xbox app/Microsoft Store on PC won't let me download to any drive other than the boot drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app/Microsoft Store on PC won't let me download to any drive other than the boot drive: I've got my OS on a small 500GB ssd and a 1TB hdd for games and other downloads, when I try downloading games onto the hdd I keep getting the error with Code: 0x80070057. I can install at most 1...
  10. Won't let me buy anything on the store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Won't let me buy anything on the store: My account name is GSCXXMissj its not letting me buy anything off the store it was working earlier 9ca971e1-284e-4dc6-974f-569e4f3bb2eb