Storage management is broken and won't let me reinstall apps that were moved and deleted.

Discus and support Storage management is broken and won't let me reinstall apps that were moved and deleted. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I just got a 8TB Samsung SSD 870 QVO. Initially it seemed to work. After formatting to NTFS on my PC, I attached it via USB 3 cable and my Series X|S... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/SuperAleste, Sep 17, 2023.

1. Storage management is broken and won't let me reinstall apps that were moved and deleted.

I just got a 8TB Samsung SSD 870 QVO. Initially it seemed to work. After formatting to NTFS on my PC, I attached it via USB 3 cable and my Series X|S asked me to format it to games. It did that.

I then wanted to do some housekeeping and move everything off my Internal and expansion card.

Copying seemed to have been going well, but then I kept getting all these "Moving stopped Errors" for the last 20ish items (I have over 1000 games).

After a reboot the SSD is no longer even recognized (plugged in, out, powered down, etc.) so all that data is locked away on this drive now.

Unfortunately, I can't even report this problem because the insider app needs to be re-downloaded, but I can't. It looks like it's about to download, but then just disappears from the queue and does not install. I'm stuck in this loop now, can even install apps.

I'm guessing it still tied to the SSD, but that won't show up as storage anymore.

submitted by /u/SuperAleste
    [link] [comments]

/u/SuperAleste, Sep 17, 2023
  2. ShawnKneher Win User

Digital Purchase Stopped Working

Yeah I would have done the delete and reinstall in the first, these problems are usually broken DRM/Account validation issues. However I couldnt find anyway on XBOXONE to delete a game, or reinstall one. They havnt really provided any basic tools for storage
    or application management, that I could find anyway.
  3. AM-Man Win User

My score in the cloud store of Gears Of War 2 is broken

Hello, I've already tried that. I can only manage internal storage. However, my cloud storage of Gears 2 is broken.

How can I delete the online storage?
  4. NightShift56 Win User

Xbox Video Problem

Go to the storage settings and delete the entire Xbox Video app from there. Then reinstall the Xbox Video app. The first time it's launched should trigger the latest update to be installed.

You might be able to delete only the title updates for it and see if that would break the cycle, but if it were me, I would just delete the whole thing to be sure that the problem was removed regardless of which file is causing it.
  5. shnowz Win User

Game Services Not Working ONLY with Halo Infinite PC Gamepass

Same here, heard that reinstalling the hd textures can make it work for some, you have to click on the three dots button and manage install, but my xbox client won't even load the manage install page for me any more so I can't test it again. The more I try and make this work the more broken all these god awful microsoft apps become.
  6. Vincent Horecky Win User

Installing Minecraft Launcher crash with code 0x80070490

hello, only thing that works to repair it for me is reinstall of windows (your apps and files won't be deleted)
Thema:

Storage management is broken and won't let me reinstall apps that were moved and deleted.

1. Storage management is broken and won't let me reinstall apps that were moved and deleted. - Similar Threads - Storage management broken

2. Cloud saved game data storage full. Can’t play DLC’s

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cloud saved game data storage full. Can’t play DLC’s: I have the DLC’s for Left 4 dead purchased and have for a long time and they used to work. My cloud saved data now says that its full and when it prompts me to click when I’m trying to load Left 4...
  3. My storage expansion card doesn’t register and I looked inside the groves are messed up for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My storage expansion card doesn’t register and I looked inside the groves are messed up for...: I looked into the xbox storage expansion slot and see that the groves are messed up 99f4ff2b-71f5-4976-ad6c-1290f1a79304
  4. How do I download a game and save it to external storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I download a game and save it to external storage: It's not recognizing my phone is hooked up 514d0140-7277-4cdc-a56e-2413691971e0
  5. Cannot enable cloud storage on an Xbox 360 jasper, even though I have enough storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot enable cloud storage on an Xbox 360 jasper, even though I have enough storage: When enabling cloud storage I get this error , “console needs either a hard drive or console memory with 514mb available”. I have over 70gb of storage free though...
  6. Xbox One S not registering external storage when it was fine this morning until I ended my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S not registering external storage when it was fine this morning until I ended my...: My xbox is not detecting my external hard drive anymore. It was fine when I turned on the xbox this morning and started streaming. I could see all of my installed games and everything was fine....
  7. Why Xbox deleted most of my captures even though I did not exceed the Xbox network storage...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Xbox deleted most of my captures even though I did not exceed the Xbox network storage...: I thought that Xbox was only deleting it for players who exceeded the storage limit but instead did it to everyone. Why Microsoft, you are literally the richest company in this world yet you can't...
  8. My external storage device says it’s full but it’s empty. How do I fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external storage device says it’s full but it’s empty. How do I fix this?: My Seagate Xbox External Storage device says that it is full while’s it’s not. I tried restarting the Xbox, power cycles, resetting the Xbox, and other usb ports but it still says it’s full how do...
  9. My Xbox keeps saying I need to clear storage

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox keeps saying I need to clear storage: I have 30% of my storage used and I did the clear local save games. I'm confused guys, help me submitted by /u/SpioerSonic [link] [comments]
  10. Xbox cloud storage is offline for two days

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox cloud storage is offline for two days: Me and I know a lot of other players is having a problem with the Xbox cloud saves storage not working it's saying it's offline and giving a Status code: (8007274d)" when trying to enable,sync or...