Stopped playing sound all of a sudden

Discus and support Stopped playing sound all of a sudden in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi ! This morning before going to work I played a bit with the console (Assassin's Creed). Nobody's home during the day. I came back after work, the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jfgratton0871, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Stopped playing sound all of a sudden

Hi !

This morning before going to work I played a bit with the console (Assassin's Creed). Nobody's home during the day. I came back after work, the console was powered-off, had to press the power button to restart it. It beeped, the power-on sound, but afterwards
    all what was supposed to come from the amplifier was muted. The console is now muted besides the power-on/power-off sounds. No sounds during boot-up either.

I haven't played with the console's setup as I wasn't even home, so what gives ? All cables properly attached, I've checked.

:)

jfgratton0871, Jul 11, 2017
  2. YuriPerelman
    YuriPerelman Guest
    Xbox One S won't turn on..

All of the sudden, it stopped working, and making a 'ding' sound sometimes. How can I fix?

YuriPerelman, Jul 11, 2017
  3. No sound all of a sudden

My HDmi is connected for the picture to be on but there is no sound?

CloakedColt3521, Jul 11, 2017
  4. IceStorm III Win User

All of a sudden, no sound?

If the audio inputs you're trying on your receiver/TV work with other devices, then it certainly seems the 360's audio has stopped working.
  5. Wrightstuff1 Win User

Sudden loss of all sound

Try unplugging your xbox if that doesn't work it may be an issue if you are in one of the xbox insider programmes
  6. XBF Steven R Win User

Sudden loss of all sound

Hi RobinMcDowell1,

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.
    For those reading this thread, if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance. When the new thread is created please copy and paste the URL to this thread showing that
    the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't fix the issue.

Thank you and have a great day!
  7. Chargersbride Win User

Sudden loss of all sound

How do I fix my Disney plus sound?

If your sound or video still isn't working right, try the following steps. Check the sound or video after each step to see if it's fixed the problem. Switch off your device completely.

1. Go to your devices settings menu, then apps or application manager.
    2. Tap the DisneyLife app.
    3. Tap uninstall.
    4. Reinstall from the Playstore.

So I would say it would work on the Xbox too,
  8. Gsepp Win User

Sudden loss of all sound

what did rebooting your tv do
Thema:

Stopped playing sound all of a sudden

1. Stopped playing sound all of a sudden - Similar Threads - Stopped playing sound

2. Why does Spotify or Netflix stop playing as soon the candy crush window launches?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does Spotify or Netflix stop playing as soon the candy crush window launches?: I have always listened to Spotify or watch Netflix while I play Candy Crush, but the in the last week, when I launch the game on my phone, either Netflix and Spotify both stop playing(not both at...
  3. How do i fix a double nat error, its stopping me from playing games or streaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix a double nat error, its stopping me from playing games or streaming: Someone please help, my xboxs have a doible nat detected which is preventing any games or streaming from working 77a95849-09cd-4ff2-8746-a8be219db461
  4. I was playing roblox i didnt stop killing them until i got banned

in XBoX Accessibility
    I was playing roblox i didnt stop killing them until i got banned: Im ungrateful to be banned -- -- -- From another post: I didnt stop killing players in roblox all in a sudden i could not join partys I should not of done that <Changed to a question>...
  5. It keeps stopping when it gets to the ready to play spot and I'm talking about gta 5

in XBoX Accessibility
    It keeps stopping when it gets to the ready to play spot and I'm talking about gta 5: Like fix it to where I can play 679882fd-2ae7-43cf-a0e2-13e7fd854d55
  6. When I play on mouse and keyboard he randomly stop working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I play on mouse and keyboard he randomly stop working: Hi when I play on my Xbox one on mouse and keyboard very often they stop working I tried if is my keyboard and mouse have some problem but on PC don't have this problem only when I play on my Xbox...
  7. If I buy the game (Dirt Rally 2.0, now on sale for 11.25 GBP) and stop EA Play...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I buy the game (Dirt Rally 2.0, now on sale for 11.25 GBP) and stop EA Play...: while using EA Play subscription I downloaded Dirt Rally 2.0 for free, after that I bought many extra cars, tracks a.o. (with subscription discounts). What happens if I buy the game (Dirt Rally...
  8. Minecraft has been "pending" for 2 years. How do i stop this so i can play

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft has been "pending" for 2 years. How do i stop this so i can play: Bought minecraft 2 years ago, played it for a few months then wanted to play again now. It said i havent purchased it so i tried on all my accounts, same every time. Checked status, it says i...
  9. AC Adapter stops charging battery when playing games on windows.

in XBoX on Consoles
    AC Adapter stops charging battery when playing games on windows.: Any time I play a game on my laptop (MSI Katana 15 B12V) the AC adapter stops charging the battery. It comes back on if I unplug/plug the laptop to the power source, but will happen again a few...
  10. How do I stop the pop-ups that happen while I play a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I stop the pop-ups that happen while I play a game?: Going to the achievement tab and Turning of achievements does NOT work. The still popup Whenever I complete a mission or something else important I guess. I have been to the settings and turned...