"Stop Listening"

Discus and support "Stop Listening" in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For those who own Kinect, I think some can agree that the "Stop Listening" that pops up after every voice command can become increasingly annoying... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ADeadlyFlamingo, Jan 8, 2015.

1. "Stop Listening"

For those who own Kinect, I think some can agree that the "Stop Listening" that pops up after every voice command can become increasingly annoying since it slows down the UI selections by then having to repeatedly say "Stop Listening" until the option disappears.

I'm hoping in the near future that Microsoft will add an option that disables the Kinect to wait for additional voice commands.

:)

ADeadlyFlamingo, Jan 8, 2015
  2. Bluntman1138
    Bluntman1138 Guest
    Just thinking...

[quote user="Hektik2123"]

I was hearing all the rumors

[/quote]

Stop listening to rumors and wait until May 21.

Bluntman1138, Jan 8, 2015
  3. fezzman
    fezzman Guest
    Kinect voice issues - "Stop listening" woes

Kinect keeps thinking someone is saying "Xbox Select" even when nobody is talking in my house. I've noticed that it happens more frequently when watching YouTube than at any other time or app. Every few minutes I have to tell Kinect to stop listening.

I have a newborn in the house. Kinect even seems to have mistaken her babbling as saying "Xbox select" though it typically happens when I'm in the room alone or watching videos.

fezzman, Jan 8, 2015
  4. "Stop Listening"

Hey there ADeadlyFlamingo "Stop Listening" :)

The best place to stick this would be the feedback site. The site is designed specifically for the community to put forward suggestions and even get involved with each others ideas.

feedback.xbox.com

Many thanks,

Cloud

Mark Sherwood, Jan 8, 2015
  5. skys7 Win User

STOP LISTENING!

[quote user="pkvas"]

All of the commands start with the word xbox. Why do you keep saying xbox? It's not a word that would be used by most people in conversation while playing on the thing

[/quote]

Thats funny cause I think I say Xbox all 5 min when I talk about Xbox with my Xbox friends while we are on Xbox Live :p
  6. Goth Vampirella Win User

STOP LISTENING!

[quote user="pkvas"]

All of the commands start with the word xbox. Why do you keep saying xbox? It's not a word that would be used by most people in conversation while playing on the thing

[/quote]

1st, I didn't say it does it every 3 seconds. lol 2nd, I'm on my Xbox. I may actually say the word every now and then, however, it sounds like most commands are 2 words at least? so... what are the odds that I'd ever say
    any of them once? Basically, my Kinect shouldn't be bothering me what so ever as far as I'm concerned. lol If you read my post you would see I didn't even set it up, therefore, it should be ignoring me... I would think.
  7. Goth Vampirella Win User

STOP LISTENING!

[quote user="ZTROOPER16"]

You might just want to unplug it if your not going to set it up. or goto setting and turn it off.

[/quote]

I didn't really want to see the constant You're Kinect is unplugged message (probably worded differently, IDK), so I plugged it in. I just don't use it. I thought if I didn't set it up, it would ignore me. lol
  8. DuFFuL Win User

STOP LISTENING!

When I first got mine i didn't calibrate it properly and the same thing would happen. It would start listening even when I didn't say anything sometimes. Once I got it calibrated properly it was fine. Haven't had a problem since.
  9. ZTROOPER16 Win User

STOP LISTENING!

You might just want to unplug it if your not going to set it up. or goto setting and turn it off.
Thema:

"Stop Listening"

1. "Stop Listening" - Similar Threads - Stop Listening

2. Xbox series X light wont stop blinking

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X light wont stop blinking: Hello, I have had my series x for a year and about 2 days ago it just keeps blinking and blinking and it wont turn off. I have to unplug it for it to shut down or if i click the eject button it...
  3. GamingServicesTcui.exe has stopped working when I sign into Xbox live on the Xbox app. How...

in XBoX on Windows
    GamingServicesTcui.exe has stopped working when I sign into Xbox live on the Xbox app. How...: i asked this question but I'm waiting for a response. It's been 4 days. I got nothing Question right here that's waiting for a response:...
  4. How do I stop the share button from taking a screenshot on Windows 11?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I stop the share button from taking a screenshot on Windows 11?: I have an arcade stick that would normally have a button that would be assigned to PS touchpad and is pretty easy to accidentally press in certain games. The problem is that when it is connected...
  5. Xbox controller when wired to PC stops responding every time when put at certain angles

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller when wired to PC stops responding every time when put at certain angles: I plug in my Xbox wireless controller to PC for gaming. Whenever I put it down or it reaches at a level angle, it immediately stops responding (all buttons stop working but the light is on). The...
  6. Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?: I don't have xbox console, only the controller. I use it to play games on my laptop (windows 10). I left the controller untouched quite some time (2 or 3 months without playing). when i came back...
  7. My account was hacked and someone made 3 purchases, I stopped my card, Would like to know...

in XBoX on Windows
    My account was hacked and someone made 3 purchases, I stopped my card, Would like to know...: My account was hacked and someone made 3 purchases, I stopped my card, Would like to know how do I request a refund? eba99bf0-a833-4cdc-844b-1228486113ac
  8. why does my xbox keep saying installation stopped?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox keep saying installation stopped?: i’ve been trying to install fortnite for the past few days looking up all sorts of ways to fix the problem but nothing seems to work. ive tried probably every method that i could find on youtube...
  9. My Sata usb3 wont fit in my wd ssd when i try to plug it in it stops im not sure if this is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Sata usb3 wont fit in my wd ssd when i try to plug it in it stops im not sure if this is...: I bought a SATA USB 3.0 as it was advertised as a SSD adapter and shown in the video to work but i cant seem to put it in my WD Blue SSD Whenever I do try to put it in it just stops and I am...
  10. My xbox series x wont update any games itll update for a couple of minutes then just stop...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x wont update any games itll update for a couple of minutes then just stop...: Xbox Series X wont update any games 0c506631-e9c2-4648-ae3a-4e83dd180656