Still no Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround after update

Discus and support Still no Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround after update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Maybe I am missing something here, but weren't we promised Dolby Digital 5.1 for this update for optical? The two options listed now are DTS Surround... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by crUSAder650, Mar 5, 2014.

1. crUSAder650
    crUSAder650 Guest

Maybe I am missing something here, but weren't we promised Dolby Digital 5.1 for this update for optical? The two options listed now are DTS Surround Sound and

Dolby Digital (not 5.1 surround) - can anyone clarify this also. BTW, it still just sounds like stereo sound, not 5.1.... Still no Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround after update :(

:)

crUSAder650, Mar 5, 2014
  2. crUSAder650
    crUSAder650 Guest
    2 Days in a row no xbox one!!!!!!......am done its going to gamestop right now

I've installed update and still no Dolby Digital 5.1 as promised. Only two options under optical are DTS Digital Surround and Dolby Digital (not Digital Surround as promised) - what gives?

crUSAder650, Mar 5, 2014
  3. crUSAder650
    crUSAder650 Guest
    Dolby Digital - Anyone having trouble ? w/update

I just installed update this morning and still no option for optical Dolby Digital 5.1. Just gives two options under optical, DTS surround sound, and Dolby Digital. Where do you see option for 5.1 Dolby Digital for the XBone? Looks like this still doesn't
    produce 5.1 thru optical for DD.

crUSAder650, Mar 5, 2014
  4. Still no Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround after update

You have to switch the optical audio output to "Bitstream" and then change the Bitstream output to "Dolby Digital".

RakkaDisciprine, Mar 5, 2014
  5. crUSAder650
    crUSAder650 Guest
    I did change to Bistream, then two choices are DTS surround sound and Dolby Digital.

My Xbox 360 and PS4 have sound option which offers Dolby Digital 5.1, whereas XBox One doesn't. Based on that, makes me think it still doesn't process in 5.1 for DD.

crUSAder650, Mar 5, 2014
  6. Dolby Digital is surround sound. There is a separate option for stereo audio on the optical output. I can definitely tell a difference between stereo and surround with my A40s, and the bitstream Dolby Digital is definitely surround.

RakkaDisciprine, Mar 5, 2014
  7. N7 Gh0stz
    N7 Gh0stz Guest
    dolby digital is 5.1 it is also 7.1

N7 Gh0stz, Mar 5, 2014
  8. Still no Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround after update

I've got my system set to DTS surround and everything that is coded for 5.1 sound comes out in 5.1. If you are watching TV or Netflix and the show you are watching is only encoded for DD stereo, that's what you're going to get regardless.

When I watch Top Gear on Netflix, it comes out in stereo, but when I'm playing Forza 5, I get 5.1

ShadowChaser36, Mar 6, 2014
  9. N7 Gh0stz
    N7 Gh0stz Guest
    i cant use DTS my astros dont support it

N7 Gh0stz, Mar 6, 2014
  10. crUSAder650
    crUSAder650 Guest
    Thanks for the replies. Puts me at ease Still no Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround after update :)

crUSAder650, Mar 6, 2014
  11. Ajk5132
    Ajk5132 Guest
    Great info everyone. Thanks for the help. Puts me at ease. I think Microsoft should label it 6.1 like they do on the hdmi menu...

Ajk5132, Mar 6, 2014
  12. Astro a40/a50 headsets support dolby digital, not dts to my knowledge

xi LIGHTSOUT ix, Mar 6, 2014
  13. CODukes4
    CODukes4 Guest

Great news. Just spent $350 on a pair of astro a50s and the adapter.

CODukes4, Oct 31, 2018
  14. crUSAder650 Win User

2 Days in a row no xbox one!!!!!!......am done its going to gamestop right now

I've installed update and still no Dolby Digital 5.1 as promised. Only two options under optical are DTS Digital Surround and Dolby Digital (not Digital Surround as promised) - what gives?
  15. crUSAder650 Win User

Dolby Digital - Anyone having trouble ? w/update

I just installed update this morning and still no option for optical Dolby Digital 5.1. Just gives two options under optical, DTS surround sound, and Dolby Digital. Where do you see option for 5.1 Dolby Digital for the XBone? Looks like this still doesn't
    produce 5.1 thru optical for DD.
  16. CODukes4 Win User

Great news. Just spent $350 on a pair of astro a50s and the adapter.
  17. N7 Gh0stz Win User

dolby digital is 5.1 it is also 7.1
  18. Ajk5132 Win User

Great info everyone. Thanks for the help. Puts me at ease. I think Microsoft should label it 6.1 like they do on the hdmi menu...
Thema:

1. Still no Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround after update - Similar Threads - Still Dolby Digital

2. Why is city skylines 2 still not available on Xbox even though it is spring 2024.

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is city skylines 2 still not available on Xbox even though it is spring 2024.: I’m confused about the fact that we’re half way through April and we still have not heard any news about city skylines 2 coming to Xbox series x/s. We were told early spring 2024, but nothing has...
  3. I've done all the steps and it still wont let me reply or make a group

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I've done all the steps and it still wont let me reply or make a group: it won't let me make or reply to groups even though I did all the things it told me to do 70db31d5-bf8a-4594-b5f6-e886e38f2021
  4. Can you still get into skip ahead rings?

in XboX Insiders
    Can you still get into skip ahead rings?: I’m still waiting trying to get into the skip ahead rings is it still possible to get in there almost in insiders for 5 years now submitted by /u/OrneryRecording8883 [link] [comments]
  5. Halo wars DE on Xbox one not connecting to multiplayer. Uninstalled the game and it still...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo wars DE on Xbox one not connecting to multiplayer. Uninstalled the game and it still...: Halo wars DE on Xbox one not connecting to multiplayer. Uninstalled the game and it still won’t connect any advise. 36b00320-79cb-4163-953b-3c7b1e9394a0
  6. I had a repaire done on an elite 2 controller it was returned …still broken and with...

in XBoX on Windows
    I had a repaire done on an elite 2 controller it was returned …still broken and with...: In December of 2023 I purchased and elite 2 controller and by mid April 24 it was broken. The sticks drift and get stuck making it impossible to play. It was “repaired” under warranty. I received...
  7. I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play...: I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play games from my hardrive!? All I have read is that you can’t play x/a games on hdd but this one says it is...
  8. I would like to return an xbox that is faulty and still under warranty, please assist.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I would like to return an xbox that is faulty and still under warranty, please assist.: I would like to return an xbox that is faulty and still under warranty, please assist. 20cfa3e7-3b9e-44bd-a75a-683ed5af9b1a
  9. How do I logg a return for an Xbox still under warranty?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I logg a return for an Xbox still under warranty?: Xbox was bought in January and has stated giving problems about a month in. Games keep on crashing when you go in. I would like to return it and get a new one. How do I do this?...
  10. Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos issues, STILL IN 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos issues, STILL IN 2024: For me, Atmos still has a 500 miliseconds delay and Dolby Vision for games just doesn't work, it only displays Dolby Vision content but none of the compatible games. What do we have to do to use...