Still having NAT issues. Nothing in the forums helps. Microsoft won't reply, what do I do?

Discus and support Still having NAT issues. Nothing in the forums helps. Microsoft won't reply, what do I do? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have made this post before, but it has been ignored, so I'm doing the only thing I can think of and making it again. My apologies for any spam, and I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by bubbabehandy, Jul 10, 2017.

1. bubbabehandy
    bubbabehandy Guest

Still having NAT issues. Nothing in the forums helps. Microsoft won't reply, what do I do?

I have made this post before, but it has been ignored, so I'm doing the only thing I can think of and making it again. My apologies for any spam, and I look forward to a constructive dialog once someone replies to one of our posts.

We are having a persistent problem with our xbox one. We have had the Xbox one for years, and have never had a problem before, but about 2 weeks ago we started having issues with being frequently disconnected from a party, to the
    point where multi player is impossible. It is especially problematic with Dark Souls 3 (though it used to be fine for that game too.)

Chat will cut in and out, and when in a party my status will cycle between normal and connecting and then finally go to disconnected. I will get a message saying "Your network settings are blocking party chat 0x807A1007"

The issue persists for wired and wireless. It also persists if I bypass the router and plug the xbox one directly into the modem. When plugged into the modem we have an open NAT but still experience the same issues.

Here are my latest network performance values and out hardware:

Download Speed 117.3mbps

Upload Speed 5.65mbps

Latency 15ms

Packet Loss 0%

Wireless Strength 100% (when wireless was used.)

Router - Netgear WNDR4300

Modem - Motorola Surfboard SB6121

We have tried everything we could find with router settings but nothing has helped. Also, there were no hardware changes that were made before the problem started and as I mentioned, things have been great for years. So we have tried: port forwarding, port
    triggering, assigning a static IP address to the xbox, using DMZ, putting the xbox in power saving mode with UPnP, assigning highest QOS priority to the Xbox, assigning highest QOS priority to the xbox's ethernet port, etc. We have followed all of the steps
    on
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/nat-error-solution
    as well as dozens of other online threads.

We seem to have mainly moderate NAT status when going through our router, we don't know what it was previously since we never had issues before. We can achieve open status by plugging directly into the modem but we have the same issue then.

:)

bubbabehandy, Jul 10, 2017
  2. MarkyPancake
    MarkyPancake Guest
    Port forwarding question

It would really help if Microsoft would actually respond to the X1's NAT issues, there are a lot of posts on the official forums, or explain what type of set up the X1 needs, like does it need an IPv6 compatible router for example.

MarkyPancake, Jul 10, 2017
  3. XBF Brad A
    XBF Brad A Guest
    Replies aren't going through, WHY?

Hello InfiniteSlayerX

There is no reply limit. As for the other issues you are having Maxen Stated it well in saying we would need more information as to what is going on when you reply and it doesn't and what happens when you do.

Hope this Helps

Thanks

Brad

Xbox Forum team

XBF Brad A, Jul 10, 2017
  4. Spinning Crow Win User

Why does Xbox Support Ignore Us Customers ?

Dear iTsFx

I know you mean well but what's the point that link is not for Xbox / Microsoft so they can't fix anything and can't resolve my issue.

And seeing as Xbox / Microsoft won't reply their own customers what is that website going to do ? Answer is nothing...

Because they don't have access to any Xbox or Microsoft systems it's just another stage of enabling Xbox / Microsoft to ignore the issues of their customers.
  5. Farscape247 Win User

How are you able to contact "enforcement" if you are not given the ability to challenge the enforcement given?

Completely agree, that is why I left the ambassador program as it was just a mess, the independent advisors are from a third party outsourced company that Microsoft pay and they are the worse.

The forums used to be full and descent, they are now a joke, there are better forums out there with many more users and much better help.

Won't be long until Microsoft do a Sony and close the forums and have nothing but self help guides that actually do nothing.
  6. Christopher Mccuaig Win User

GEtting disconnected from xbox live

hey buddy , i think this would be a router issue, i can help you try fix it if you like,

what router do you have?

what firmware is it ?

do you have any NAT issues?

Does Your Router Support UPNP?

also if you do an xbox live connection test via the xbox do you get any issues?

ill await your reply =)
  7. PowerMacAttack Win User

Dead Rising 2 Coop Problem

Altair, can you confirm what you and your friends NAT settings are with this game? If they are Strict or moderate that may be the issue, but we won't know till you confirm.

Take a look at this article from Microsoft support and it will explain what you need to do to check and fix this issue -

support.xbox.com/.../nat-type-strict

Hope this helps!
  8. yosh97 Win User

Battlefield 1943- "Log-in Failed" Anyone else having problems?

Guys, some of you can play or still not? Nothing new from the EA forum... Can we ask Microsoft to help in any ways? i don't know what to do...
Thema:

1. Still having NAT issues. Nothing in the forums helps. Microsoft won't reply, what do I do? - Similar Threads - Still having NAT

2. I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?

in XBoX on Windows
    I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?: It says I have to pay the fee but I have never changed my gamertag before. I made the account years ago and now I find it embarrassing. Please help! 19d4f6f5-9a48-4edd-b0a7-07059b450ea2
  3. I have an Airtel broadband I have tried all the steps but still my NAT type is stict

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Airtel broadband I have tried all the steps but still my NAT type is stict: I have a pc I play gta 5 online but because of Nat type stict I can join a server I have tried enabling DMZ I have tried activating UPnP also 4279653c-8d30-45cd-8ed1-6af4a06f1fbc
  4. My network is good and nat type is open but i still have matchmaking issues in fortnite

in XBoX on Consoles
    My network is good and nat type is open but i still have matchmaking issues in fortnite: While Launching a game of fortnite of any creative map or any mode It gives me network errors I tested everything and its all good I need help a4bbe4d8-e7d1-4269-8327-7960837af66a
  5. ClearAccess AG10: NAT type issues where no matter what i try i still have a strict NAT type

in XboX Networking Hardware
    ClearAccess AG10: NAT type issues where no matter what i try i still have a strict NAT type: ClearAccess (Modems/Gateways) AG10: NAT type issues where no matter what i try i still have a strict NAT type Hello! One of the most common causes of a strict NAT type is your networking set up...
  6. Saying i have open nat type but still lag out of every game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Saying i have open nat type but still lag out of every game: I have an open NAT type and also when i test multiplayer connections it says there is no problem, but i lag out of every single multi player game someone help please...
  7. Saying i have open nat type but still lag out of every game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Saying i have open nat type but still lag out of every game: I have an open NAT type and also when i test multiplayer connections it says there is no problem, but i lag out of every single multi player game someone help please...
  8. I have an OPEN NAT but I still cant party chat with my friend.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an OPEN NAT but I still cant party chat with my friend.: Every once and a while when I plug my headset into my controller my friend will hear a ton of static but thats it. I did the port forwarding thing to get my NAT setting to go from moderate to open...
  9. Still have Strict NAT on Xbox One after trying nearly EVERYTHING

in XBoX on Consoles
    Still have Strict NAT on Xbox One after trying nearly EVERYTHING: What Country/State/Province do you live in? Texas, US Modem brand & model number: N/A Router brand & model number: Netgear WRN3500L Wired or wireless: Wired Things you have tried: Port...
  10. Open NAT, but still can't connect with friends who also have Open NAT

in XBoX on Consoles
    Open NAT, but still can't connect with friends who also have Open NAT: I live in university dorms where I have access to a wireless connection (through my own router) or a wired connection which I can directly plug into the wall. Here's the problem, I have an Open...