Still getting kicked from Xbox live gaming

Discus and support Still getting kicked from Xbox live gaming in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey, Really looking for someone to help. This has been happening ever since I switched to Xbox X. This never used to happen with the Xbox One. I play... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by melissa walker1, Nov 28, 2023.

1. Still getting kicked from Xbox live gaming

Hey,

Really looking for someone to help. This has been happening ever since I switched to Xbox X. This never used to happen with the Xbox One.

I play COD mostly, and I keep getting kicked mid game with the error message that I must be connected to the internet to play. I checked in with my internet provider and everything is working on that end.

I’ve tried all of the suggested solutions posted on here. I’ve reset my modem, hard reset the Xbox, cleared the cache, unplugged it and plugged it back in. Tried another port. I’m at a loss here. Even had my Xbox serviced. NOTHING WORKS. Bought another game to try online gaming, same thing happened.

For how much we pay, this shouldn’t be happening. Please don’t respond with things I’ve already done.

I even reached out to Activision. They suggested port forwarding but I don’t know how safe that is. Can someone please help.

:)

melissa walker1, Nov 28, 2023
  2. Belen T.C. Win User

Hi Melissa,

Thank you for responding. I understand your frustration and I appreciate your patience on this. If I may ask, have you already tried the steps Reset console keep games and apps? You can also try these steps to make sure the console is up to date and resets the OS and deletes all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps.
    Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

1. Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.
    2. Select Reset console. On the Reset your console? screen, select Reset and keep my games & apps.

If you are done with these steps, the best option we have is to restore the console to factory default and remove everything. This option resets the console to factory settings. All user data, including accounts, saved games, settings, home Xbox associations, and all games and apps will be deleted.

If the issue still persists after doing the steps, we highly suggest contacting Xbox Live Support Contact us | Xbox Support so they can dive deeper into your and guide you towards a resolution.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Belen T.C. Win User

Hello Melissa,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand you are with experiencing issues with getting kicked from Xbox Live gaming. We understand how frustrating this can be and we appreciate your patience. No worries, I will do my best to help you sort this out.

Possible reasons why this issue happens is due to network issue (NAT Type) or console system update. We have reviewed your case and we have some suggestions that might help you resolve the issue.

Please note that these are not the same as the ones you have already tried.

First, please check your NAT type on your Xbox console.

To do this, go to Settings > Network settings > Test network connection > Test NAT type. Ideally, your NAT type should be Open or Moderate.

If it is Strict, you might have problems connecting to other players online. To get an Open NAT Type, you may follow the steps on link: Troubleshoot NAT errors and multiplayer game issues | Xbox Support

Second, please try to update your console firmware.

To do this, go to Settings > System > Updates & downloads > Update console. This will ensure that your console has the latest software and security patches. You can also try these steps to make sure the console is up to date and resets the OS, and deletes all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps.
    Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

1. Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.
    2. Select Reset console. On the Reset your console? screen, select Reset and keep my games & apps. Use this option as your primary choice when troubleshooting. In some cases, if a corrupt game file is causing the issue you're troubleshooting, you may have to choose Reset and remove everything, but you should always start with Reset and keep my games & apps.

Third, please try to use a wired connection instead of a wireless one.
    To do this, connect your console to your router or modem using an Ethernet cable. This will provide a more stable and faster connection than Wi-Fi.

We hope this helps and that you can enjoy playing with your games online. If you have any other questions or feedback, please let us know.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. melissa walker1 Win User

Nat type is already open.

I’ve also already tried looking for a system update. Nothing.

Ethernet cable isn’t possible. I shouldn’t need it anyway. Xbox X supports wireless, so I should be getting what I paid for, not implementing a bandaid solution.
  5. sherlocker1984 Win User

Live has been diaconnected for 2 days in china.All of chinese !!!

It is now the 27th in China and I am still having terrible issues with xbox live. I am constantly getting kicked from games and disconnected from live. As soon as I press 'A' to load a disc it disconnects from Live. I can sign back in sometimes but get kicked.

It's so frustrating!!!!!
  6. 19ed8fc8-caf1-4d79-9 Win User

Randomly Kicked which results in ban

I know its Activisions ban, but its Xbox live that "randomly" disconnects" me. I don't have any connections issues. I random get kicked from games whenever I go 50+ kills over the lobby. I only get kicked when I'm doing realy good, and it just shows I was
    "Disconnected from the game." I'm still on xbox live.
Thema:

1. Still getting kicked from Xbox live gaming - Similar Threads - Still getting kicked

2. Can I still get plague tale requiem?

in XboX Insiders
    Can I still get plague tale requiem?: So I’ve been trying to get this game called plague tale: requiem and when I went to buy it, it said that I would only work with cloud play. My question is what would happen if I bought the game?...
  3. When the 360 store shuts down in July will get on disc still be able to be updated and...

in XBoX on Windows
    When the 360 store shuts down in July will get on disc still be able to be updated and...: Just wondering as I have quite a few games that I have not played yet. Will they install from dosc and will they get updated after next month or so I need to install them beforehand? Thanks....
  4. xbox 360 still getting updates in 2024

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox 360 still getting updates in 2024: so this WILL confuse you (90% chance) but basicly i was running 17559 a month ago i try to play farmin sim 15 on the 360 and wloudnt you guess it UPDATE then it kicks me to the dash i check the os...
  5. Can you still get into skip ahead rings?

in XboX Insiders
    Can you still get into skip ahead rings?: I’m still waiting trying to get into the skip ahead rings is it still possible to get in there almost in insiders for 5 years now submitted by /u/OrneryRecording8883 [link] [comments]
  6. I want to ask, why if i dont use my xbox and is still on it get darker and show me...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I want to ask, why if i dont use my xbox and is still on it get darker and show me...: When I don't pulse any button in my for 2 or 3 minutes then it gets darker the screen and shows me notifications and I want to know if u can cancel that e6528e8d-81ac-4f8e-9aff-bc48813a5bee
  7. Can I get a new Xbox and still have my purchases.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I get a new Xbox and still have my purchases.: I have a Xbox 1 s but I was going to buy the Xbox series s but I don’t want to lose all of my in game purchases for example in madden 24 so I was wondering if there was a way to get the Xbox...
  8. How can I get my controller repaired? Still broken after 2nd times repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I get my controller repaired? Still broken after 2nd times repair: This is what I got from 2nd repair. 2024-01-09 172116.png My controller cannot charge after 3 months use. Because it is still in warranty so I tried to get it repaired. Frist time send it to...
  9. Why didn't I get a notification and my game was still playable?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why didn't I get a notification and my game was still playable?: Hello Microsoft so I bought a game but it won't play and I restarted the console so when I go refund it it got approved but I didn't get a single notification that I got a refund even my game was...
  10. Why am I still getting kicked out of my games on my Xbox Series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I still getting kicked out of my games on my Xbox Series X?: I have reset the console, removed and re-added my account, adjusted the resolution, and turned game mode permanently on. I still keep getting kicked. ****?! I’m about to lose my mind. I need this...