Step by Step fix for security check (error code 8015...)

Discus and support Step by Step fix for security check (error code 8015...) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I know there have been a lot of posts lately about the security update and I know its a complex and irritating process to I figured Id post this so you... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xMyStiC4LM0mM4x, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Step by Step fix for security check (error code 8015...)

I know there have been a lot of posts lately about the security update and I know its a complex and irritating process to I figured Id post this so you can get the help right away rather than waiting for someone to reply back to your post...

Go to ACCOUNT.LIVE.COM and sign in using the email address and password for your gamer tag

*(( It may try sending you a code to verify the account when you sign in, if so, retrieve code and continue ))*

Once signed in, click CHANGE PASSWORD AND MORE

*(( Again, it may try sending you another code to verify, if you can access one of the options, get the code and continue otherwise click I DONT USE THESE ANYMORE and itll let you update your email or phone number
    which it will verify with a code sent to you ))*

Once in the security portion, make sure you have an
    alternate email address listed (( MUST BE something different than the email you sign in with. You will verify this with a code sent to
    you ))

Also, make sure you get an
    updated phone number
    listed (( which will also be verified with a code thatll be texted to you ))

DO NOT turn on 2 step verification!!!

Once this is all complete, go back to your x-box and clear system cache and re-download your profile with the steps below:

Clear Cache:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/system/clear-system-cache

RESTART YOUR XBOX

Re-download Profile:

Add or Remove Xbox Profile on an Xbox 360 Console

Hope this helps guys!! =)

**** ALSO, HERES THE LINK FROM XBOX.COM THAT WILL TAKE YOU TO UPDATE YOUR SECURITY PROOFS ****

http://www.xbox.com/en-us/Live/Account-Security/Security-Checklist#add-additional-security-proofs CLICK MANAGE YOUR SECURITY
    INFO

:)

xMyStiC4LM0mM4x, Nov 3, 2014
  2. Unable to login into Xbox console

Hey mate, more information would be helpful, what's the error message or code?

Also generally if you can log-in to the website and not the console your security information isn't up to date of your have two-step verification enabled.

Sign-in at the following link and follow the steps to add and verify some security proofs:

support.xbox.com/.../add-security-contact-information

Also follow the information here as you can check if two-step verification is enabled in which case you need an app password for the Xbox console:

support.xbox.com/.../error-code-8015d002

DigitalAssassin, Nov 3, 2014
  3. Can't download profile - Error: 8015B00E

Shoop P Homer's method was effective for me, but now when I try to get rip of the two-step-security requirement via my

Xbox 360 Settings > Account > Account Security >
    Security Proofs

I get the Error Code 8015B00E again, any suggestions of how to get rip of the 2-step two-step-security requirement?

RunezMerchant, Nov 3, 2014
  4. HassanB Win User

Code: 80048821

The steps for both error codes are exactly the same. Check your security proofs and then follow the steps in the post above.

Also, if you have 2-Step Verification on your account you will need to generate an App Password and use that to login to your account.
  5. DigitalAssassin Win User

Unable to login into Xbox console

Hey mate, more information would be helpful, what's the error message or code?

Also generally if you can log-in to the website and not the console your security information isn't up to date of your have two-step verification enabled.

Sign-in at the following link and follow the steps to add and verify some security proofs:

support.xbox.com/.../add-security-contact-information

Also follow the information here as you can check if two-step verification is enabled in which case you need an app password for the Xbox console:

support.xbox.com/.../error-code-8015d002
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Error code 8015000A and Status code: 8C150009

Hello Jens,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your issue. You can try the steps for the

8015 error
    . Make sure to try all of them and let us know how it turns out.

Thanks,

Brad
  7. WPAK Win User

E203 0000080C 80073CF6

8. WPAK Win User

Error Code 8015D002

Hi there,

please double check if you have turn on two step verification or not, this error usually means that it is set up but that you didn't set up a App password, which is required in order to be able to sign in to the Xbox 360

See this link for the steps on how to set up an App password (if two step verification is enabled: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/security/no-prompt-security-code

If that did not help be sure to check this link:
    http://support.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-360/errors/error-code-8015d002

When recovering an account, be sure to remove it from the Console first, then clear Cache (3x) and restart the console, be sure to clear cache one more time and then redownload the profile.
Thema:

Step by Step fix for security check (error code 8015...)

1. Step by Step fix for security check (error code 8015...) - Similar Threads - Step Step fix

2. Upnp not working even after suggested steps

in XBoX on Consoles
    Upnp not working even after suggested steps: My upnp worn work no matter the steps I do and I'm not sure what to do the only thing I haven't tried is port forwarding but I'm not sure that would work without upnp...
  3. Help for a Japanese Xbox 360 (2006 model) - step down transformer, power supply, etc. etc.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help for a Japanese Xbox 360 (2006 model) - step down transformer, power supply, etc. etc.: Hello, I'm Alex (Alessandro) from Italy. 1 month ago I bought an used Japanese Xbox 360 (mint condition) from a Japanese Ebay seller (100% positive feedbacks). This console is only 100-110v (in...
  4. "Happening Now" tab is not a step forward.

in XboX Insiders
    "Happening Now" tab is not a step forward.: I understand Xbox wants to keep things fresh, but this new update in the friends list is a step backwards. You had a great system with the "friends in games" tab and now I cant even see what...
  5. I've done all the steps and it still wont let me reply or make a group

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I've done all the steps and it still wont let me reply or make a group: it won't let me make or reply to groups even though I did all the things it told me to do 70db31d5-bf8a-4594-b5f6-e886e38f2021
  6. Xbox game pass core 3 months congratulations you're one step closer press confirm something...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game pass core 3 months congratulations you're one step closer press confirm something...: I can't use my game pass core df24437e-9c02-48a0-b86e-53dd02334e60
  7. Error E106000000980070002. Completed all of the trouble shooting steps. Is it worth fixing...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error E106000000980070002. Completed all of the trouble shooting steps. Is it worth fixing...: Error E106000000980070002. Completed all of the trouble shooting steps. Is it worth fixing XBOX ONE S -5yrs old.? acc2d070-6947-465a-a31f-36771f513cdb
  8. How do I fix the issue "one more step is necessary to connect your controller to Android...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix the issue "one more step is necessary to connect your controller to Android...: I am trying to connect a controller to play Xbox game pass on my phone. it connects to my phone fine but when going into a game after a while it says that i need to do something for my controller...
  9. [Method] How to fix Xbox One Error Code 0x97e107df : Step By Step

in XBoX Games and Apps
    [Method] How to fix Xbox One Error Code 0x97e107df : Step By Step: Xbox One Error Code 0x97e107dfTo fix Xbox One Error 0x97e107df, follow the beneath ideas individually. Additionally, note down the strategy that assists you with settling this issue so you could...
  10. Have I missed a step or any other suggestions to fix Green Screen of Death

in XBoX on Consoles
    Have I missed a step or any other suggestions to fix Green Screen of Death: Ok here is what happened. Frozen on the Home Screen with the "thinking" circle on several apps, going to friends screen and other various weird things. I did a hard reset and it went to the green...