Stealth 700 Gen 2 connected fine with my Win 10 laptop, but new Win 11 device does not...

Discus and support Stealth 700 Gen 2 connected fine with my Win 10 laptop, but new Win 11 device does not... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought a Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2 to use with my new Series X. I was lucky and got a Series X on the day they were put on sale in the UK. With... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by bbt2014, Sep 12, 2022.

1. bbt2014
    bbt2014 Guest

Stealth 700 Gen 2 connected fine with my Win 10 laptop, but new Win 11 device does not...

I bought a Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2 to use with my new Series X. I was lucky and got a Series X on the day they were put on sale in the UK. With the Stealth 700 Gen 2 and my old Win 10 laptop, I was able to play a game on the Series X and chat with Xbox party members while also getting audio from my laptop, which was also connected by Bluetooth to the Stealth 700 Gen 2 headset.

Fast forward 2 years and I have bought a new Win 11 laptop. The Stealth 700 Gen 2 can be paired with the Win 11 device, but Win 11 does not recognize the headset as an audio device, so I can no longer get audio from the laptop while I am in an Xbox party on the Series X.

Turtle Beach have posted online that this is a Microsoft problem, that Microsoft need to address. Is this correct? Does anyone know whether this problem is being addressed?

I have also read that the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 will not connect the Stealth 700 Gen 2 headphones to a Win 11 device.

TL/DR: Stealth 700 Gen 2 Headset worked fine with Windows 10 over bluetooth, but doesn't work with Windows 11

:)

bbt2014, Sep 12, 2022
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Stealth 700 Gen 2 connected fine with my Win 10 laptop, but new Win 11 device does not recognize the headset as an audio device - is this a Microsoft problem or a Turtle Beach problem?

I can tell you I use the wireless adapter nearly every single day on Windows 11 and it works just fine
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Stealth 700 Gen 2 connected fine with my Win 10 laptop, but new Win 11 device does not recognize the headset as an audio device - is this a Microsoft problem or a Turtle Beach problem?

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this BBT2014

Each manufacturer is responsible to give compatibility with the newer system updates (in this case a driver compatible with windows 11).

Microsoft is not the one who develop and release driver updates.
    They only give you generic drivers that can work in a limited way.

Are you able to test with a different windows 11 device? This helps you to isolate a bit more the issue.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

The wireless adapter works with everything else except these headsets?

Another option, if you can is go back to Windows 10 / install Windows 10 on that device.
    In some cases the digital license for windows 11 is used automatically on Windows 10.

If you’re not able to do it you may need to wait until a compatible driver with windows 11 gets released :c
  5. bbt2014 Win User

Thank you for this info. In my original post, I should have said that I had seen reports online from other users saying that their Stealth 700 Gen 2 headset doesn't work on Windows 11 when using Wireless Adapter for Windows 10. That is not something I have experienced myself.

At least now I know I can buy an adapter and get the functionality back that I had on Windows 10 even without one.
  6. bbt2014 Win User

Thank you for your reply.

What you say makes perfect sense - of course Turtle Beach must be responsible for providing a functioning driver.

However, Turtle Beach's line seems to be that in this case, the onus is on Microsoft. I guess they reckon their Stealth 700 Gen 2 headset is the Xbox Series X headset (they certainly market it in that way), so they want Microsoft to make it work...

Unfortunately, I do not have access to another Win 11 device.

I have tried updating the driver in the Turtle Beach app, but I am already on the latest driver they have released.

The problem is that the headset doesn't even work with the Wireless Adapter for Windows 10, when using Windows 11, so I I have absolutely no way of connecting the headset to my PC. (It works fine with the Xbox though).
Thema:

1. Stealth 700 Gen 2 connected fine with my Win 10 laptop, but new Win 11 device does not... - Similar Threads - Stealth 700 Gen

2. stealth 700 gen2 max for ps ruining audio when in call

in XBoX on Consoles
    stealth 700 gen2 max for ps ruining audio when in call: i use them on my computer, and whenever im in any call, my audio suddenly gets really bad. it's only when im in a call and i have no clue why. 07a2588e-83f4-4d07-b701-35316297c20d
  3. Turtle Beach, Stealth 700 Gen 2 Xbox Bluetooth. (Headset Unresponsive, LED/Headset Don't...

in XBoX on Windows
    Turtle Beach, Stealth 700 Gen 2 Xbox Bluetooth. (Headset Unresponsive, LED/Headset Don't...: I got gifted this product as my Christmas present back in 2021 December 25th from an old step relative I do not know anymore. Since using it I have had this issue many times but I have found ways...
  4. Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2 Max not connecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2 Max not connecting: Hello, I have had a Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2 Max for 6 months and it has been working fine. I tried to use it the other day and it would not connect so matter how close I got. The usb...
  5. I'm in alpha skip ahead and have the new turtle beach stealth 700 gen 2 max gotta lil issue...

in XboX Insiders
    I'm in alpha skip ahead and have the new turtle beach stealth 700 gen 2 max gotta lil issue...: Yea so as with my 700 gen 2s there was also a battery icon on the dashboard like the controller but not with the gen 2 max. So is it just on xbox not showing battery info because using the USB...
  6. Issues Connecting with Stealth 700 Gen 1 Headset in Alpha Skip-Ahead Ring.

in XboX Insiders
    Issues Connecting with Stealth 700 Gen 1 Headset in Alpha Skip-Ahead Ring.: Have any of you experienced any issues with connecting to the Xbox via a wireless headset while in the Alpha Skip-Ahead Ring? I was wondering because my Stealth 700 Gen 1 Turtle Beach Headset...
  7. Stealth 700 disconnects unexpectedly

in XboX Insiders
    Stealth 700 disconnects unexpectedly: So for the past couple of days my headset will just randomly disconnect from the Xbox, and I've tried reseting the headset when that happens but it immediately disconnects again, I was wondering...
  8. Stealth 700 party mixer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stealth 700 party mixer: Since the latest console update for the Series X my party chat mixer will not work at all the volume wheel on the headset controls one half of the chat mixer and the mapable wheel controls the...
  9. Xbox OS and Stealth 700 Turtle Beaches

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox OS and Stealth 700 Turtle Beaches: Hi this is MsDJquietstorm, I purchased a Stealth 700 Turtle Beach Gen 2 headset. I'm noticing that I had a console update and been having issues ever since. The issues that I'm having is party...
  10. Turtle Beach Stealth 700 gen 2 Preorder Fail

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turtle Beach Stealth 700 gen 2 Preorder Fail: I preordered the TB Headset and my account still shows preorder status. These were supposed to be released on Sep 20. I was charged for the headset and shows no sign of movement. I am under the...