Static IP address problem on Series X

Discus and support Static IP address problem on Series X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; On Monday morning my Xbox Series X (and laptop) was working just fine, connecting to the WiFi with absolutely no problems. The console was on standby... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Teh Author, Jun 15, 2024 at 8:55 AM.

1. Teh Author
    Teh Author Guest

On Monday morning my Xbox Series X (and laptop) was working just fine, connecting to the WiFi with absolutely no problems.

The console was on standby mode until Wednesday morning, and now it (and my laptop) won't connect. It keeps coming up with a problem with a static IP address, as seen in the picture below.

I have googled how to fix this, which consisted of the following tips-

1. Unplug router, and try again -Didn't work

2. Hard restart Xbox - Didn't work

3. Reboot Xbox - Didn't work

4. Unplug xbox for 10 minutes - Done for over 9 hours, Didn't work.

5. Manually change IP address in setting - Wont work. IP address keep changing to 0.0.0.0 after a minute.

6. Set IP address to automatic - same as above

Now 2 things are weird...

1. I live in a shared house, and no one else is having trouble connecting on their consoles and computers

2. My xbox WILL connect if I set my phone as a hotspot (connected to the wifi just fine)

Can anyone help?

Static IP address problem on Series X [​IMG]

:)

2. paul win 8 Win User

Rewards app location error

I have same problem since changing to befibre ip

Got 2 series x and 1 one x all of them won't acess the rewards app since changing

Done all sorts to fix including conversations with befibre my ip address is showing uk

My brother took my series x to his house connected it to his virgin ip and loaded up the rewards app straight away

It can only be the connection between my xbox and befibre and it is believed that the only fix is for it to be a static ip address but at a cost
  3. TheCoyote87o Win User

Frequent disconnects from Xbox live for over a year...at my wits end here!!!

Ok, when I get the Red X, it says "IP Address Error" and underneath that, "Can't connect to your network using a static IP address"
  4. SHIN ALLDAY Win User

Static Ip Address Problem

Same problem here. Console changes my stored static IP to a specific incorrect one every time it is powered down. So it's not just my system, but a bug that will hopefully be fixed in a future update?
  5. Md3w Win User

yep it worked thank you so much gza
  6. Md3w Win User

figured out that error had to change the ip range. gonna try the method now
Thema:

1. Static IP address problem on Series X - Similar Threads - Static address problem

2. Huawei B593 LTE: cant connect with a static ip address

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Huawei B593 LTE: cant connect with a static ip address: Huawei (Routers) B593 LTE: cant connect with a static ip address hi when i want to connect my internet to my xbox one when i enter my wifi password and try to connect it says can't connect with a...
  3. Can't connect to static IP address

Can't connect to static IP address: Can't connect to static IP address cant connect to static IP address f77065d7-88d8-4990-9962-7ec7940ed4c8
  4. Unable to set static ip address

Unable to set static ip address: Unable to set static ip address When i go to network > advanced settings > manual > type ip OK 192.168.1.2 , subnet Ok 255.255.255.0, then gateway i would like to have 0.0.0.0 as i need this...
  5. Static IP Address Not Sticking...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Static IP Address Not Sticking...: Recently, my Xbox One randomly lost connection to my router. The router itself is working fine (all other devices connect properly) and I've ensured my router is not filtering the Xbox's MAC...
  6. CANT CONNECT WITH STATIC IP ADDRESS

in XBoX on Consoles
    CANT CONNECT WITH STATIC IP ADDRESS: Hello, Hoping that someone can help me. I'm stationed outside the US and am trying to hook up an XBOX ONE via a Wi-Fi router I purchased wireless services through. my Wi-Fi is strong, but when I...
  7. Static ip address

in XBoX on Consoles
    Static ip address: we are trying to connect to wifi and it says we can't connect with a static IP address. What does that mean? b16d0694-5b5f-4cbf-a193-129d1f902a65
  8. Cannot connect with a static IP address

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect with a static IP address: it says cannot connect with a static IP address 25c3a502-99d4-4d6b-b464-f50908702fce
  9. Wireless issues with a static IP Address.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless issues with a static IP Address.: I'm October , let me start by saying I just bought a brand new tom clancy division console 2 days ago. Also let me say that i have perfection on wired with this static ip but when i go to place...
  10. Static Ip Address Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Static Ip Address Problem: First off im no internet expert. I just looked up online and tried to solve my problem as best i could. But i am stumped on this and looking for a little help. I set up static ip address for my...