Static IP Address Not Sticking...

Discus and support Static IP Address Not Sticking... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Recently, my Xbox One randomly lost connection to my router. The router itself is working fine (all other devices connect properly) and I've ensured my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WingTzu, Feb 12, 2018.

1. WingTzu
    WingTzu Guest

Recently, my Xbox One randomly lost connection to my router. The router itself is working fine (all other devices connect properly) and I've ensured my router is not filtering the Xbox's MAC address or anything like that. I tried to give my Xbox a static
    IP address, however whenever I attempt to set the IP address manually, it reverts back to 0.0.0.0 instantly.

All other settings seem to stick (I can change the Gateway, DNS servers, etc).

Does anyone know why I can't change the IP address of my Xbox, or even why the Xbox all of a sudden stopped connecting to my router?

If it helps, I have a NETGEAR R6300.

Thanks

:)

WingTzu, Feb 12, 2018
  2. Dragon84
    Dragon84 Guest
    Xbox One WiFi problem

I have a router but I have no idea about how to assign a static IP address. Do you do it through the router or through the Xbox One?

Dragon84, Feb 12, 2018
  3. BlackBox
    BlackBox Guest
    Xbox One WiFi problem

If you have a router, give the xbox one a static IP address, make sure it's 'doled' out by it's MAC address.

Do that and if it's still giving you problems like that, toss that static IP on a DMZ.

BlackBox, Feb 12, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: