State of Decay 2, can't do anything with it

Discus and support State of Decay 2, can't do anything with it in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; It's been a few months since I've played the game. Yes I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, so please don't suggest that as it's not even actually... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by natomae, May 7, 2019.

1. natomae
    natomae Guest

It's been a few months since I've played the game. Yes I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, so please don't suggest that as it's not even actually possible for me to do it, even if I wanted to and even if it would fix my issue, it's just not possible.
    So when I open the game, I get a message telling me I need to sign in to a profile to play the game. Already I'm having an issue because I can't get my Xbox app on my computer to open, so can't even login to the profile in the first place. Logging in online
    when I just search Xbox live is how I got to this post, but signing in here doesn't seem to do anything for the game. When I go to the game, sure enough there's the message saying "you own this game" so I go to install and I get an error page that reads:

The address wasn’t understood

Firefox doesn’t know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (ms-windows-store) isn’t associated with any program or is not allowed in this context.

You might need to install other software to open this address.

:)

natomae, May 7, 2019
  2. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there
    natomae

Thanks for reaching out to the Community for support with this issue trying to get State of Decay 2 to open along with the Xbox App. I can totally see how not being able to play this great game could be frustrating. Since the app itself is experiencing problems
    I suggest trying these steps we use to isolate issues with it:

Method 1:perform
    a clean boot, this helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows 10. Here is the
    linkon
    how to perform a clean boot.

Method 2:
    Here is a
    linkon
    how to download Apps Troubleshooter.

Have you tried to uninstall/re-install the Xbox App?

Here are steps below on how to uninstall and reinstall Xbox app:

1. Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.

2. Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.

3. Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage
    *xboxapp*|
    Remove-AppxPackage

4. Hit Enter.

Launch Windows Store and download Xbox App.

If those don't help positively affect your situation, the best way to reach Live Support would be here:

https://support.xbox.com/contact-us#0

Step 1 ----Select Xbox One

Step 2 ----Select
    See other options

Step 3 ----Select topic (Ex. System Update)

Step 4 ----Select "Show contact options"

Step 5 ----Select request a call from support

I hope this helps a bit more.

Thanks for reading!
  3. natomae Win User

I'm on PC, and idk how to allow third party access to things. I'm on the microsoft website, I'm looking at my profile, my settings, I don't see it. Going to my Xbox Live account is basically the same microsoft website. How do I contact someone for live
    troubleshooting? That's talking with a live person, because that's going to be difficult for me to do
  4. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Are you playing this on PC or Console?

On PC there should be an option somewhere on the Microsoft store app to allow third party access to things. Then on you actual Xbox Live account's settings, there should be a similar thing. A lot of games need stuff like that turned on for some weird reason...
    If you are on PC I would recommend contacting customer support for live troubleshooting.

On Xbox the only advice I can give is the generic... uninstall the game, power cycle the console by holding the Xbox button on the console for a few seconds, clear the local save/storage cache, and then reinstall the game. If that doesn't work you can do
    all the same steps except substitute in your profile (buy deleting unit and redownloading it, so know your login info) so you can resync any game license your console isn't picking up.

If anything fails go to customer support or search for troubleshooting on the Xbox website.
  5. TDK Skin Walker Win User

Favourite Survival Game (Discussion)

You can't go wrong with State of Decay 1 and 2.
  6. IagoDe Castro Win User

state of decay 2 Nao baixa [Translation - State of Decay 2 Not Low]

O problema é no jogo state of decay 2

Ele não esta baixando nada.

Esse problema só deu nele

Translate-The problem is in the game state of Decay 2 He is not downloading anything.

That problem only gave him
Thema:

1. State of Decay 2, can't do anything with it - Similar Threads - State Decay can't

2. I can't seem to access State of Decay 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't seem to access State of Decay 2: Whenever I launch the game, I am hit with the typical "Sign in" page for an Xbox account. However, whenever I press "sign in" nothing happens, nothing at all. I can click on "What is this?" Yet,...
  3. State of Decay 2: Can't log in to Xbox Live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    State of Decay 2: Can't log in to Xbox Live: I just recently bought State of Decay 2 on Steam. I installed it and upon completion launched the game. The game requires me to sign in to Xbox live, but fails to load the log in screen. Has...
  4. why i can't play state of decay 2 from xbox game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why i can't play state of decay 2 from xbox game pass: I bought the Xbox Game Pass to play state of decay 2. but when i play it will said 'state of decay 2 requires a valid xbox live account' in main screen every time plaese help me...
  5. Can't play State of Decay 2!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play State of Decay 2!!!: Hello there, I bought State of Decay 2 Juggernaut Edition on Steam but unfortunately I can't log in into game. It says I need a Xbox Live account. I thought Steam create new account for me since...
  6. State of Decay 2 PC, can't invite friend, troubleshooting help

in XBoX on Windows
    State of Decay 2 PC, can't invite friend, troubleshooting help: I'm playing State of Decay 2 on Windows 10 Pro N 1809. In the XBox app I can invite friends to parties, add friends, chat, etc. In SoD2 friends can invite me and i can join. However I cannot...
  7. State of decay 2 can't find mission goals

in XBoX Games and Apps
    State of decay 2 can't find mission goals: I cannot find mission / resource goals since the new update. If I ask where to find ammo, etc, it gives me 3 places to search. I search them all and they do not give me the goal, nor do they...
  8. State of Decay 2 - Can't connect with a friend (coop)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    State of Decay 2 - Can't connect with a friend (coop): Hi, we can't connect each other, when he call me show the error code 1.006. 6830b730-eaed-416f-b73b-6d6d400e2d14
  9. I bought State of Decay 2 but I can't play on my Pc.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought State of Decay 2 but I can't play on my Pc.: I bough State Of Decay 2 to play on my windows 10. This is my first game on Microsoft and now I don't know how can I play this game on my pc. I haven't got an Xbox. When I go to the browser store...
  10. Can't use D-pad in State of Decay campaign for Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't use D-pad in State of Decay campaign for Xbox One: Can't use D-pad in State of Decay campaign for Xbox One We only have one wireless controller and it works fine with every game even on the dashboard. We uninstalled re-installed the game. Also...