Starting XBOX app on PC will automatically start the EA app as well

Discus and support Starting XBOX app on PC will automatically start the EA app as well in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Ever since I tried a game from EA that required account linking, whenever I start the xbox app, the EA app automcatically gets started as well. How... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by usernameunavailable57, Aug 3, 2023.

1. Starting XBOX app on PC will automatically start the EA app as well

Ever since I tried a game from EA that required account linking, whenever I start the xbox app, the EA app automcatically gets started as well.

How do I prevent this from happening?

:)

usernameunavailable57, Aug 3, 2023
  2. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

I understand. It's strange because she doesn't want this to be happening.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

EA games have to be launched directly via the EA in order to play them. If you launch them on the Xbox App, the EA app will need to run as well to launch the game. This is standard practice with PC launchers.

For example I own Mass Effect purchased via Steam. But, even if I launch it with Steam, it still loads the EA app. In which case I just launch it from the EA app instead.
  4. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

Welcome to the Xbox community.

Access the EA Account settings portal.
    Click Connections.
    Find the account you want to unlink and click the Unlink button next to it.

Hope I helped, see you soon!
  5. Nordmann Win User

In Settings, go to Extensions, then check if the EA App is enabled, if it is then click on Disable Extension.
    THX this helped without unlinking the accounts đź‘Ś
  6. usernameunavailable5 Win User

Find the account you want to unlink and click the Unlink button next to it
    Hi,

I don't want to unlink the accounts, I just don't want the EA app to start the moment I start the XBOX app.

Right now I don't even have an EA game installed (and autostart is disabled for the EA app). But the EA app still opens up & logs me in the moment I start the XBOX app.

Should the EA app not start only once I actually start an EA game?
Thema:

1. Starting XBOX app on PC will automatically start the EA app as well - Similar Threads - Starting app automatically

2. BBC iPlayer app died on me? Started freezing w Whitescreen.

in XboX Insiders
    BBC iPlayer app died on me? Started freezing w Whitescreen.: Hi. I am having issues w the BBC iPlayer freezing on a white screen on app start all the sudden. It worked fine till a week ago. 2 or 3 updates ago it started freezing. I am on Alpha Skip-Ahead....
  3. I can't start minecraft launcher or the xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't start minecraft launcher or the xbox app: About a week ago, I started having a problem that makes an error code appear when trying to launch minecraft. [img] At the same time a problem occurred that made my xbox app not start instead...
  4. My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up

in XBoX on Windows
    My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up: It was fine before this, but now when I start up the app it stays on the loading screen before closing after a few minutes. I tried the "Repair" option in Settings but all it did was remove the...
  5. Youtube app wont start

in XBoX on Windows
    Youtube app wont start: Youtube app wont start It says “sorry couldn’t connect to youtube” i tried restarting, unplugging for 5,10 and 60 minutes and even overnight , uninstalling, cache delete, everything possible , it...
  6. Unable to start Xbox app on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to start Xbox app on PC: Greetings! Since roughly 2 weeks ago I am unable to start the Xbox PC app and thus unable to access any games through my gamepass. The problem shown is the following: Upon starting up the Xbox...
  7. Xbox app refuses to start need some help.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app refuses to start need some help.: So when i start my xbox app i get an error message saying "cant find program" and then i get a black updating screen stuck on 0% Any ideas how to fix this? submitted by /u/CeilingCrawler...
  8. Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...: Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game or navigate the xbox dashboard xbox series x f85ab271-550a-4efe-b42c-9616c1392b7f
  9. Xbox Accessories app doesn't start anymore (´・ω・`)?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Accessories app doesn't start anymore (´・ω・`)?: https://i.imgur.com/BwsatJX.png (Image of the error message that I should update Windows, but it is already the Insider Preview ) Hi, for a few days now, I can't open the Xbox Accessories app...
  10. I can't start up the Xbox App at all

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't start up the Xbox App at all: I have tried every way possible to get the app to work and always end up back to square 1. I've tried resetting app, tried deleting app, tried Powershell, Tried resetting the PC I have run about...