Starfield Xbox series s user storage could not be initialized error code 0x80004004

Discus and support Starfield Xbox series s user storage could not be initialized error code 0x80004004 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have put in multiple hours into the game and all of a sudden got this error message I have tried everything from restarting my Xbox uninstalling the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by VesperAsh373429, Sep 15, 2023.

1. Starfield Xbox series s user storage could not be initialized error code 0x80004004

I have put in multiple hours into the game and all of a sudden got this error message I have tried everything from restarting my Xbox uninstalling the game resetting my cash and I have checked my storage device

Please help

:)

VesperAsh373429, Sep 15, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Starfield Xbox series s user storage could not be initialized error code 0x80004004

Hello VesperAsh373429,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

If you experience a crash or other issue while playing Starfield on your console, please use the Report a Problem app on your console so that our platform team can investigate. If you do not already have the Report a Problem app installed to your console, please download it from the Microsoft Store. For instructions on how to report a new problem or questions about the Report a Problem application, please read the following support article: Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support

See: Game Release Known Issues for September 2023 - Microsoft Community

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  3. Mark_Racicot Win User

User save storage could not be initialized. Error code: 0x80004004

I just started having this same problem, except I'm on PC rather than a console. I've been playing on my desktop PC and my laptop since early access was open, and the only 'issue' I've had was about a month ago where I got a message that my save game storage was full and no more saves could be created. I resolved that by deleting all but my last 10 save points. Since then (early November), the game has worked fine on both computers until this morning. The game still launches on my laptop, but on the desktop, I get "User save storage could not be initialized. Error code: 0x80004004". My desktop computer c: drive (where the XboxGames folder is) has 680GB free. I have game version 1.8.86.0 installed, last updated today (4 Dec 2023). I tried the 'Verify and Repair' button, but even after running it and rebooting, I still get the error. The game does continue to open on my laptop... I'm at a loss and am looking for help to fix this issue. Thanks!

EDIT: the sequence of events is that I launch the game via the icon on my desktop. The game syncs files and the opening graphic (the rolling vault door logo) appears, animates, and disappears. The photogenic warning page comes and goes. The planetary background with the star emerging from behind the planet appears and is animated. The text appears at the bottom of the screen: "Press any key to start". I press a key and instead of getting the menu page, I get the error.

EDIT 2: After letting the game sync for an hour from the laptop, I relaunched the game on my desktop... The sync splash box appeared and stayed there for almost 10 minutes before disappearing. The normal startup process happened and I now have my menu options available - no error message. The game launches and everything is fine.

I have no idea why a slow or failed sync on the laptop would leave my desktop with that particular error message, but I guess one thing for people to try - assuming you are playing on two different computers (not consoles) is to...

1. go to the machine that worked most recently and launch the game.
    2. Then quit with an exit to desktop.
    3. Once the game is shut down, from a command prompt, run the two commands:

net stop gamingservices
      net start gamingservices
      The commands take just a few seconds each to execute.
    4. Let the machine stay connected to the internet for 30-45 minutes to ensure it completes any remaining sync actions.
    5. Go to the second computer and launch the game. If prompted to 'log on here', do that

This worked for me - maybe it will help someone else.

GL!
  4. Antony Hernandez1 Win User

When I attempt to clear local games, it turns off my Xbox. I have 700+ hours on this game. This is ridiculous. My gamertag is JockPuppet101
  5. CarTzy Win User

Hello Gabriel Mataloun,

We appreciate you going through the troubleshooting steps. Since it is still not working, the problem may seem to be more complicated and require further investigation. We advise that you contact our live support team. It's advisable to work with them due to the complexity of the issue, as they have the tools needed to further diagnose it and give you an efficient solution.

To contact live support, please follow the guide below:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
      1. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
      2. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the list.
      3. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
      4. Select the "Contact Us" button
      5. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
      6. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
      7. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
      8. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
      9. Should you encounter same issue and have an error message please let us know so we can forward your findings to the Internal Support Team.
  6. Gabriel Mataloun Win User

Hello ,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with Starfield on your Xbox One X console. This error code indicates that there is a problem with your cloud save data. To fix this, please follow these steps:

1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide, and then go to Profile & system > Settings > System > Storage.

2. Select Clear local saved games. This will delete the local copies of your games from your console, but they will still be available in the cloud.

3. Restart your console by holding the Xbox button on your controller and selecting Restart console.

4. Launch Starfield and try to reconnect. It should sync your cloud save data and let you access the main menu.

Please also see: Error 80004004 occurs when you try to access a game saved in the cloud from Xbox 360 | Xbox Support

If this does not resolve the issue, please let me know and I will assist you further. Thank you for choosing Xbox and have a great day.
    Thanks for the reply, but it didn’t work.
Thema:

1. Starfield Xbox series s user storage could not be initialized error code 0x80004004 - Similar Threads - Starfield series user

2. Dudemack save on starfield gave my Xbox series x a virus

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dudemack save on starfield gave my Xbox series x a virus: I went to log in on my account and all my saves were gone. I was level 55 NG3 on starfield. I just bought T-Mobile and starfield updated and all my saves said dude mack. I checked my console and...
  3. Starfield freezing on Home Screen (Xbox Series X)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield freezing on Home Screen (Xbox Series X): Hello! We were playing starfield last night (12/28). After we turned off the game, we ate dinner then went to play again. Upon reaching the Home Screen where it says “press any button to start”...
  4. How do I fix my physical copy of starfield not launching on my Xbox series x?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix my physical copy of starfield not launching on my Xbox series x?: I have both a brand new Xbox series x and a brand new physical copy of starfield, and after installing the game I tried launching it only for it to try and take me to the store, that’s all it does...
  5. Can't start "all that money can buy" quest on series x. Starfield.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't start "all that money can buy" quest on series x. Starfield.: I've completed all the main mission up to that point in the story but the mission won't begin and talking to Walter doesn't give me nothing besides generic conversation. On Xbox....
  6. Xbox serie S : Starfield [Crashes/Freezes issues]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox serie S : Starfield [Crashes/Freezes issues]: Hello I am playing Starfield on Xbox Serie S. The more I play, the less the game is stable. It crashes/freezes every one hour now (i have been playing more than 150h and the issue started around...
  7. Even after deleting STARFIELD "Save Data" on Series S, the game crashes very frequently. I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Even after deleting STARFIELD "Save Data" on Series S, the game crashes very frequently. I...: Even after deleting STARFIELD "Save Data" on Series S, the game crashes very frequently. I need help 9988fae2-4bf1-4c16-871f-20c5a14fc725
  8. I lost my save points in Starfield on Xbox Series X. How do I restore them? I've...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I lost my save points in Starfield on Xbox Series X. How do I restore them? I've...: I lost my save points in Starfield on Xbox Series X. How do I restore them? I've uninstalled the game and reinstalled. 655ba376-4341-4e28-b445-cf989f8d8d32
  9. Series S console and I can't download starfield

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series S console and I can't download starfield: All it gives me options for is to either play on cloud Xbox game pass or purchase as a gift 6d639502-dada-40ba-9049-b8bb3db0c4f3
  10. Even after deleting "Saved Data" from STARFIELD on Series S, the game crashes So Often. Am...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Even after deleting "Saved Data" from STARFIELD on Series S, the game crashes So Often. Am...: Hi all, I have been thoroughly enjoying STARFIELD on my Series S but I am getting really fed up with all the crashes. I've applied all the recommendations on the Bethesda site and still having...