Starfield wont start, everytime I press Start there is an error code 0x80070490

Discus and support Starfield wont start, everytime I press Start there is an error code 0x80070490 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Yesterday it worked normal i played like 3 hours. Today I startet and it didn´t work anymore. First it wrote something like I should download the app... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Pascal Baumeister, Sep 24, 2023.

1. Starfield wont start, everytime I press Start there is an error code 0x80070490

Yesterday it worked normal i played like 3 hours. Today I startet and it didn´t work anymore. First it wrote something like I should download the app installer and I tryed that but it didn´t work for an hour but the text said it should only need a few minutes. I redownloaded xbox games app and since then everytime i press play the error code 0x80070490 is shown. (link Error Code: https://support.xbox.com/de-AT/help/errors/error-code-0x80070490#:~:text=L%C3%B6sung%201%3A%20Aus%2D%20und%20Wiedereinschalten%20Ihrer%20Konsole%20oder%20Ihres%20PCs&text=Schalten%20Sie%20die%20Xbox%20aus,Warten%20Sie%2010%20Sekunden.) I tryed that but nothing worked since then. Has anyone an Idea or similar issues ?

:)

Pascal Baumeister, Sep 24, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello Pascal Baumeister,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I can see that you are having trouble launching Starfield on your Windows device. This error code 0x80070490 usually indicates a problem with the game installation or the system update. There are a few possible solutions you can try to fix this issue:

As basic as this is, a simple restart can set many things right.

Update Windows

1. Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.
    2. On Windows 10, select Update & Security. On Windows 11, select Windows Update.
    3. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to see if any updates are available for your device.
    4. Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.
    5. Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.
    For more info, go to:

Windows Update

Update the Xbox and Gaming Services apps

1. Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.
    2. Select Library.
    3. Under Updates & downloads, check if there are any updates available for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app. If an update is available, select Update.

Update your game

1. Open the Xbox app for Windows.
    2. In My Library, select the game title.
    3. Select the More options () button and choose Manage.
    4. Select Files and then Check for updates.

Sign in to the Xbox app and the Store with the same account

When you open the Xbox app on your device, be sure you sign in to the app using your own Xbox account. You may also need to be signed in to the Store (xbox.com) to play a purchased game.

To make sure your permissions for the game can be validated, be sure to sign in to both the Store and the Xbox app using the same account that was used to purchase the game.

For help with signing in, go to:

Sign in to Xbox

Repair the game

1. Open the Xbox app for Windows.
    2. In My Library, select the game title.
    3. Select the More options () button and choose Manage.
    4. Select Files and then Verify and repair.

Remove and reinstall Gaming Services

Reinstall the Gaming Services app on your Windows 10/11 device:

1. Press the Start button on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    2. In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    3. In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    4. Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    5. Restart your device and try to install the game again.

Uninstall and reinstall the game

If you're having trouble getting a game to play, try uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. Occasionally, game files may get corrupted or altered, especially if you've had a malware problem or are running a game modification on your device.

Some games can even repair the original files without removing the game completely. However, if you installed the game from the Microsoft Store, you'll only be able to completely uninstall and reinstall the game. For more info, follow the steps in:

How to install and uninstall a PC game on a Windows device

See: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

I hope this helps you resolve the problem and enjoy Starfield. If you have any other questions or feedback, please let me know.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  4. BladeRunner2532 Win User

Starfield preload keeps failing to download

Error 0x80070490 Starfield pre-load download fail. I was trying to fix this issue to no avail, last resort was to go to Windows->Start->Settings->System->Recovery click on Reset this PC. After about 30mins game was downloading fine.
  5. Çetin Arda Yaşar Win User

Starfield Problems

I wanted to pre-install for Starfield, which cannot be passed through Xbox, but I get an article with error code 0x80070490, what should I do, the problem could not be solved, please help
  6. Terry gowrley Win User

Starfield PC saved game causes 0x80004004 error on XBox

I have this issue but in reverse if anyone can help started starfield on Xbox but when I go on pc I get this error code and won’t start up any help would be great
Thema:

1. Starfield wont start, everytime I press Start there is an error code 0x80070490 - Similar Threads - Starfield wont start

2. Can I disable cloud saves? I'm out of room for saves on Starfield

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I disable cloud saves? I'm out of room for saves on Starfield: Using GamePass on PC, and I keep getting low storage warnings when I try to save. I know it's because the cloud save only allows 1gb of storage. I have deleted most of the save files, in the game...
  3. Dudemack save on starfield gave my Xbox series x a virus

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dudemack save on starfield gave my Xbox series x a virus: I went to log in on my account and all my saves were gone. I was level 55 NG3 on starfield. I just bought T-Mobile and starfield updated and all my saves said dude mack. I checked my console and...
  4. STARFIELD UPDATE 1.11.33 [beta]

in XboX Insiders
    STARFIELD UPDATE 1.11.33 [beta]: i bought the game on the xbox app this update + the fallout show made me want to play starfield again but the update is only live on Steam Beta is there a way to get it on xbox insider pc...
  5. If I send in my Xbox Starfield Controller for Repair, will I receive a Starfield edition in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I send in my Xbox Starfield Controller for Repair, will I receive a Starfield edition in...: If I send in my Xbox Starfield Controller for Repair, will I receive a Starfield edition in return? Want to make sure I don't lose my special edition controller just because it's going in for...
  6. When will the starfield headset restock?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will the starfield headset restock?: I was wondering when will the xbox starfield headset be available because I really want it and I have the money to buy it. I was waiting for month to check if it is back in stock Can someone tell...
  7. Why can't I install Starfield Premium Edition, when I paid for it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I install Starfield Premium Edition, when I paid for it?: On 9/1/23 I purchased Starfield Premium Edition on my PC through the Xbox app on PC. I am not able to re-install the Premium Edition of the game for some reason. f15a2f1d-ef4d-4917-84a6-61ba8fe16e51
  8. Starfield on win11 64bit doesn't run now

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield on win11 64bit doesn't run now: I played on win10 with starfield but now (on win11) I can't play Bethesda game issue, error code 0x800704c7 - Microsoft … 74bac5d4-8d6c-4e5f-9ac5-2948f7258f39
  9. bought starfield premium edition. NO DOWNLOAD link availbale in my microsft account! dont...

in XBoX on Windows
    bought starfield premium edition. NO DOWNLOAD link availbale in my microsft account! dont...: kinda pissed off Bough startfield premium edition through target. Got the liink to verify code. click the link and wants me to purchase again hell no. WEnt to my account. It shows both the...
  10. Starfield wont launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield wont launch: [img] Starfield wont launch, i unninstalled and installed it 2 times, updated gc driver and windows and still not working. 570586ae-21c2-48b6-8204-abaf63ea21b0