starfield will not launch and keeps displaying this error message

Discus and support starfield will not launch and keeps displaying this error message in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; [img] none of the normal fixes have been working but it does work on my hdd, when its moved to my ssd it displays this error and wont boot the game.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by nathan redman, Sep 10, 2023.

1. starfield will not launch and keeps displaying this error message

starfield will not launch and keeps displaying this error message [​IMG]
    none of the normal fixes have been working but it does work on my hdd, when its moved to my ssd it displays this error and wont boot the game. ive updated windows and gpu drivers. ive reset the xbox app and the microsoft store but none of it works

:)

nathan redman, Sep 10, 2023
  2. RichieB_ Win User

Hello nathan redman,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. b0bby erwin Win User

None of the things you listed can be even tried on the xbox app where most of us play starfield from.
  4. RichieB_ Win User

Hi nathan redman,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are having trouble starting or running a program on your 64-bit Windows computer due to compatibility issues. I'll be happy to assist you with this.

Firstly, it's important to note that some older programs may not be compatible with newer versions of Windows, especially if they were designed for 32-bit systems. However, there are a few things you can try to resolve this issue:

1. You can try running the program in administrator. To do that, right-click on the game/program's icon or shortcut then select run as Administrator

2. You can try running the program in compatibility mode. Right-click on the program's icon or shortcut, select Properties, and then click on the Compatibility tab. From there, you can select an earlier version of Windows that the program was designed for and see if it runs.

3. If the program is still being actively developed, you can check if there is an updated version that is compatible with 64-bit Windows. You can check the program's website or contact the developer for more information. Here's the link: Starfield | Official Website | Bethesda.net

I hope this information help you to resolve the issue. We look forward for your response.

Thank you,

Microsoft Community Modertor
  5. S1lentSymph0ny Win User

Xbox One freezing when I turn it on and try to play a game

Is there an error message displayed when the game doesn't launch?
  6. DeadRage1 Win User

Starfield won't launch on PC Game pass

ALSO WORKED FOR ME! tried repairing/reinstalling the app, reinstalling the game, etc. then I came across this suggestion and it worked! My app was not launching Starfield but wasn’t giving any error messages just so everyone knows what my issue was with the game launching. Cheers!
Thema:

1. starfield will not launch and keeps displaying this error message - Similar Threads - starfield launch keeps

2. How do I fix my physical copy of starfield not launching on my Xbox series x?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix my physical copy of starfield not launching on my Xbox series x?: I have both a brand new Xbox series x and a brand new physical copy of starfield, and after installing the game I tried launching it only for it to try and take me to the store, that’s all it does...
  3. Getting error code 0xc0ea0001 when trying to launch Starfield on my laptop (Acer Nitro 5)....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Getting error code 0xc0ea0001 when trying to launch Starfield on my laptop (Acer Nitro 5)....: I'm having an issue launching starfield(I own the base game and premium content DLC) without needing to restart my laptop first. I play starfield at night and shut down my laptop every night. When...
  4. Starfield on PC will not launch or start under any circumstances

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield on PC will not launch or start under any circumstances: Hello, I just downloaded Starfield on my PC through the Xbox app. I have Game Pass Ultimate subscription. It installed successfully but when I click play, nothing happens - no error message,...
  5. Error code: (0x80004005) when launching starfield on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code: (0x80004005) when launching starfield on PC: Everytime I launch starfield, I get a pop-up that says "We couldn't sign you into Xbox Live (0x80004005)" I have done all of the trouble shooting steps, contacted xbox support, microsoft support,...
  6. Starfield not launching

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield not launching: I've attempted to launch through the desktop app, Xbox app, I've verified and repaired game files, and I've also reinstalled the game. I've uninstalled Game Services and Re-installed. Verified...
  7. Can't launch Starfield, Gamepass is giving Error code: (0xc0000096)- Please help!

in XboX Insiders
    Can't launch Starfield, Gamepass is giving Error code: (0xc0000096)- Please help!: As the title says- I've tried everything, updated drivers, reinstalled Starfield (three times now!), and rebooted my computer multiple times. I've done all the admin commands on cmd, verified and...
  8. Starfield game froze and will not launch. How can this be fixed?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield game froze and will not launch. How can this be fixed?: Have been playing starfield about 16 hours. Now for past 2 days it will not launch and only shows frozen screen of a planet. No buttons on controller will do anything. My game is on game pass....
  9. Starfield fails to launch.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield fails to launch.: Hello, I bought game pass ultimate with the express purpose of playing Starfield but after installing it, I tried to launch the game and it crashed to desktop. Below are the steps I've taken so...
  10. Starfield keeps giving me Error code: (0x80004005) when I try to launch the game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield keeps giving me Error code: (0x80004005) when I try to launch the game.: Starfield keeps giving me Error code: (0x80004005) when I try to launch the game. 89e2fb52-d868-4dd4-b058-da86f08a2831