Starfield running out of save game space as game save gets larger and soon won't allow...

Discus and support Starfield running out of save game space as game save gets larger and soon won't allow... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I couldn't find a more descriptive tag for this issue. I am playing Starfield on PC Gamepass and I am going to run out of save space extremely soon. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Mike M.1226, Oct 22, 2023.

1. Mike M.1226
    Mike M.1226 Guest

Starfield running out of save game space as game save gets larger and soon won't allow...

I couldn't find a more descriptive tag for this issue. I am playing Starfield on PC Gamepass and I am going to run out of save space extremely soon. I have looked online for a solution to this issue but can't find one. Essentially I started the game and had roughly 300 available save slots, cool. However I'm level 60 in game now and much further progressed now, and I noticed I can only save to about 60 slots now before being forced to delete saves to allow me to save. My saves are getting bigger and this eventually will prevent me from saving the game at all essentially making further play impossible. Now I was hoping it would just make saves locally after it runs out of cloud space, (I saw online there is maybe only 1gig of cloud storage for pc gamepass saves), but that isn't the case. If I fill up my saves it refuses to save any more, and won't default to saving locally, (WHICH IS EXTREMELY POORLY THOUGHT OUT I MIGHT ADD). This leads me to my question, how do I fix this? How do I allow myself to continue to save my game I have sunk a ton of time into? If the problem is truly a hard limit of 1gig cloud storage for saves, then the ONLY solution is to allow me to continue to save games locally. How do I enable that? Because that is not the default functionality.

:)

Mike M.1226, Oct 22, 2023
  2. no to cloud storage Win User

Starfield running out of save game space as game save gets larger and soon won't allow saving further.

I'm having the same problem, there are no direct settings to disable cloud sync that I've been able to find. ive got 17TB of space on my pc starfield wants none of it lol. I've thought about going into the game files and finding where it tells the game to sync to Microsoft's cloud and making it sync to my hard drive instead of Microsoft's cloud bs but honestly id probably do more damage than good. someone's gonna have to make a script for this more than likely. These big tech companies are really losing it, next thing you know they'll be making it so you cant have any kind of internal storage at all, you'll have to pay them for cloudware, That or Todd Howard has more snake oil for us and will try to charge for save space XD.
  3. Zepherus13 Win User

Starfield running out of save game space as game save gets larger and soon won't allow saving further.

As of today, I'm playing offline. So there’ll be no syncing with the cloud. I'm hoping that relying solely on local saves it'll eliminate the hard limit. We'll see…
    Please let us know if this works:

I'm on xbox and down to 7 saves!

I don't think gamepass will let me run it offline.

I've tried emptying the cache and letting it sync up again, but that hasn't worked.
  4. G.Wild Win User

Bethesda said to create a new game account - one not linked to Microsoft accounts. This should disable the Xbox sync function. Here's the full suggestion. In my case the game files got too large, 132MB each. So a few saves were overwhelming the game uploads at only 10MB/s ... causing crashes. Plus, MS only provides 1GB of cloud space. So 7 saves and boom, out of space. And I think it is worse than that, I was at 3 or 4 saves and having issues. But this tells how to create a user sans Microsoft ... a good thing.

Thank you for contacting Bethesda Customer Support.

My name is XXXX and I am part of a specialized action team. I understand you are encountering an issue with Starfield crashing. I see you have been through several troubleshooting steps already, but I have a few more that may clear things up.

One step we can take to narrow down the cause of the issue is to try launching the game from a fresh Windows user account. You can accomplish this with the following:

1. Select the Start button, and then select Settings.
    2. Select Accounts, then Other users.
    3. Under Other users, select Add someone else to this PC.
    4. At the bottom of the page, select I don’t have this person’s sign-in information.
    5. At the bottom of the next page, select Add a user without a Microsoft account.
    6. Enter a name for the new account. If you want this person to sign in with a password, enter and verify the password, add a password hint, and then select Next.
    7. Select Finish.
    Now try launching the game from this new user account and see if the issue continues to persist. Let us know the results and the team will review and continue troubleshooting with you.
  5. G.Wild Win User

How do you play Starfield on a PC OFFLINE?

I only get the offline option when the cloud sync fails at startup.

At level 150+ my appdata folder has 694 saves, yet the UI only show the few I keep (about 6) - and manually deleting the appdata saves and keeping the last few days saves causes sync issues: with the message my cloud saves are newer than my local saves; which they aren't. There is some sort of sync bug where timestamps aren't being kept clean in the cloud. Probable something simply like my MST PC files copied to a EST server thus the timezone difference flags the cloud files as newer.
  6. Mike M.1226 Win User

Well it's consistently dropping for me, and I actually kept saving to see if it would stop me from saving the game, and it does. Get a message saying failed to save, and no save file is created. This leads me to believe that it eventually will get to the point where it might refuse to save at all.
Thema:

1. Starfield running out of save game space as game save gets larger and soon won't allow... - Similar Threads - Starfield running save

2. Can I disable cloud saves? I'm out of room for saves on Starfield

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I disable cloud saves? I'm out of room for saves on Starfield: Using GamePass on PC, and I keep getting low storage warnings when I try to save. I know it's because the cloud save only allows 1gb of storage. I have deleted most of the save files, in the game...
  3. Dudemack save on starfield gave my Xbox series x a virus

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dudemack save on starfield gave my Xbox series x a virus: I went to log in on my account and all my saves were gone. I was level 55 NG3 on starfield. I just bought T-Mobile and starfield updated and all my saves said dude mack. I checked my console and...
  4. STARFIELD UPDATE 1.11.33 [beta]

in XboX Insiders
    STARFIELD UPDATE 1.11.33 [beta]: i bought the game on the xbox app this update + the fallout show made me want to play starfield again but the update is only live on Steam Beta is there a way to get it on xbox insider pc...
  5. If I send in my Xbox Starfield Controller for Repair, will I receive a Starfield edition in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I send in my Xbox Starfield Controller for Repair, will I receive a Starfield edition in...: If I send in my Xbox Starfield Controller for Repair, will I receive a Starfield edition in return? Want to make sure I don't lose my special edition controller just because it's going in for...
  6. When will the starfield headset restock?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will the starfield headset restock?: I was wondering when will the xbox starfield headset be available because I really want it and I have the money to buy it. I was waiting for month to check if it is back in stock Can someone tell...
  7. Starfield on win11 64bit doesn't run now

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield on win11 64bit doesn't run now: I played on win10 with starfield but now (on win11) I can't play Bethesda game issue, error code 0x800704c7 - Microsoft … 74bac5d4-8d6c-4e5f-9ac5-2948f7258f39
  8. Xbox Cloud gaming beta: Starfield is running short on save memory!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Cloud gaming beta: Starfield is running short on save memory!: I am playing Starfield in Chrome Browser. For me the performance it's quite ok (one crash per 2-3 hours). I am saving manually and automagically. After reaching >200 Savings I got the warning:...
  9. How to get Xbox Windows app to run games (Starfield) when logged into a different Windows...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to get Xbox Windows app to run games (Starfield) when logged into a different Windows...: I installed Starfiled gamepass edition on my Windows 10 PC. No issues, it runs well. When I log into the same PC using my work account, the Xbox app does see Starfield or other games that are...
  10. Does 'Starfield' run on Surface 4 Laptop?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does 'Starfield' run on Surface 4 Laptop?: Hello! I don´t have a Xbox. Instead I've a MS Surface 4 Laptop. I was wondering, if my Laptop could run Starfield. My plan is to play the game on low settings with 30FPS. Is that possible?...