Starfield on PC will not launch or start under any circumstances

Discus and support Starfield on PC will not launch or start under any circumstances in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I just downloaded Starfield on my PC through the Xbox app. I have Game Pass Ultimate subscription. It installed successfully but when I click... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Sean A3, Oct 14, 2023.

1. Sean A3
    Sean A3 Guest

Hello,

I just downloaded Starfield on my PC through the Xbox app. I have Game Pass Ultimate subscription. It installed successfully but when I click play, nothing happens - no error message, nothing. I also have Halo MCC installed and it starts up immediately.

I have tried all the following, with no change:
    1. Restarting Windows

2. "verifying and repairing" the installation from within the Xbox App

3. Resetting the Xbox App from Windows Settings

4. Signing in and out of the Xbox app.

5. Running the Starfield desktop shortcut, both as normal user and as administrator.

Edit: forgot to include Windows version

Starfield on PC will not launch or start under any circumstances [​IMG]

:)

Sean A3, Oct 14, 2023
  2. Nkosana23 Win User

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor, happy to assist you today.

Can you try uninstall the game > Restart your machine > Install the game. See if that helps resolve your query.
  3. Hoskayra Win User

Xbox App WILL NOT load under any circumstance on my PC.

Hello JN_25, my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox, so we do not have access to any user account or check anything from the forum. All users help each other with common problems.

I am very sorry for the problem you are going through, to try to help you I need to understand the problem better, so please answer the following:

Tell me what solutions you have tried, so as not to be guided by the same ones.

What are the specifications of your PC? Since when do you have this problem? If the installation gives you an error code or message, please write it in the text.

Thank you for your patience, I hope everything can be resolved. I will be attentive to your response. Blessings.

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  4. JN_ 25 Win User

Xbox App WILL NOT load under any circumstance on my PC.

Hello JN_25, my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you. Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox, so we do not have access to any user account or check anything from the forum. All users help each other with common problems. I am very sorry for the problem you are going through, to try to help you I need to understand the problem better, so please answer the following: Tell me what solutions you have tried, so as not to be guided by the same ones. What are the specifications of your PC? Since when do you have this problem? If the installation gives you an error code or message, please write it in the text. Thank you for your patience, I hope everything can be resolved. I will be attentive to your response. Blessings. Sincerely, Oskayra.
    Hello Oskayra, thank you for responding so quickly.

My current specs are

Intel Core I7-7700k

Gigabyte Radeon 7800 XT

Not sure what else you need as far as specs?

As far as solutions I have tried.. I have tried downloading from the Xbox.com directly (just gets stuck about 1/5 of the way and won’t move), I have tried using PowerShell to uninstall and reinstall the Microsoft store, Gaming services, I have confirmed the Xbox related things are enabled as “automatic” in the services tab. I have “repaired and restarted” all of the Apps associated with Xbox. As well as the store itself. I have ran the troubleshooting tab for the store as well. In power-shell I have ran every prompt I can think of to resolve this issue. I have also confirmed that the windows version is up to date with everything installed. I do not have an antivirus program that’s blocking anything either as far as I know.

Really the error has just started today, I have used Game Pass in the past and it worked fine.. just not now. No error codes are being thrown, it just loads the App as a black screen w/ the Xbox logo in the center, then closes a minute or so later. I would also like to note that none of the other Xbox apps (aside from game bar and accessories apps) will load either. It opens for a few seconds and closes like the original App.

I’m not sure if this tells you anything or not.. but I would appreciate if you could help me solve this problem! I’ve been at it all day.
  5. ytmkanat Win User

Somehow YouTube got worse

Hey there. Is there a problem with your Internet connection? 5 to 10 minutes for a YouTube video to start, under any circumstances, seems like a pretty serious connection problem.
  6. Terry gowrley Win User

Starfield PC saved game causes 0x80004004 error on XBox

I have this issue but in reverse if anyone can help started starfield on Xbox but when I go on pc I get this error code and won’t start up any help would be great
Thema:

1. Starfield on PC will not launch or start under any circumstances - Similar Threads - Starfield launch start

2. How do I fix my physical copy of starfield not launching on my Xbox series x?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix my physical copy of starfield not launching on my Xbox series x?: I have both a brand new Xbox series x and a brand new physical copy of starfield, and after installing the game I tried launching it only for it to try and take me to the store, that’s all it does...
  3. Getting error code 0xc0ea0001 when trying to launch Starfield on my laptop (Acer Nitro 5)....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Getting error code 0xc0ea0001 when trying to launch Starfield on my laptop (Acer Nitro 5)....: I'm having an issue launching starfield(I own the base game and premium content DLC) without needing to restart my laptop first. I play starfield at night and shut down my laptop every night. When...
  4. Error code: (0x80004005) when launching starfield on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code: (0x80004005) when launching starfield on PC: Everytime I launch starfield, I get a pop-up that says "We couldn't sign you into Xbox Live (0x80004005)" I have done all of the trouble shooting steps, contacted xbox support, microsoft support,...
  5. Starfield not launching

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield not launching: I've attempted to launch through the desktop app, Xbox app, I've verified and repaired game files, and I've also reinstalled the game. I've uninstalled Game Services and Re-installed. Verified...
  6. Can't launch Starfield, Gamepass is giving Error code: (0xc0000096)- Please help!

in XboX Insiders
    Can't launch Starfield, Gamepass is giving Error code: (0xc0000096)- Please help!: As the title says- I've tried everything, updated drivers, reinstalled Starfield (three times now!), and rebooted my computer multiple times. I've done all the admin commands on cmd, verified and...
  7. Starfield game froze and will not launch. How can this be fixed?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield game froze and will not launch. How can this be fixed?: Have been playing starfield about 16 hours. Now for past 2 days it will not launch and only shows frozen screen of a planet. No buttons on controller will do anything. My game is on game pass....
  8. Starfield fails to launch.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield fails to launch.: Hello, I bought game pass ultimate with the express purpose of playing Starfield but after installing it, I tried to launch the game and it crashed to desktop. Below are the steps I've taken so...
  9. Launch of Starfield in Xbox Cloud Ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Launch of Starfield in Xbox Cloud Ultimate: Hi I have trouble to play online with the Ultimate Game pass at the game Starfield. Its says I have to wait 70 minutes to play!! So I waited and when it came close the app shutdown for no reason....
  10. Starfield won't launch on pc from xbox app. error code (0xc000001d)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield won't launch on pc from xbox app. error code (0xc000001d): Starfield won't launch on pc from xbox app. error code (0xc000001d) 5fbafbe0-7317-4873-8fea-e052c19e4e56