Starfield not loading

Discus and support Starfield not loading in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Tried loading numerous saved starfield games and every time it just stops and sends me back to my home screen. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Greg Connell, Nov 23, 2023.

1. Greg Connell
    Greg Connell Guest

Starfield not loading

Tried loading numerous saved starfield games and every time it just stops and sends me back to my home screen.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, to no avail.

I held the power button for 10 seconds and pulled the plug for 10 seconds, to no avail.

:)

Greg Connell, Nov 23, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

xbox series x upload speeds are capped at 67 mbps.

Xbox services are currently under heavy load from tall the people playing Starfield on cloud, screenshot uploads are a very low priority task. Upload servers are nowhere near as numerous as download, basically you queue to upload

The Xbox servers are constantly load balancing, and the last few weeks with all the people playing Starfield on cloud has been an adventure in load
  3. Greg Connell Win User

Starfield not loading

Thanks for the response. I just loaded an older saved game and that worked. I had to go back multiple saved games. Probably lost 8 hours of game time. Wish you had gotten back sooner although I'm not sure it would've made a difference.
  4. Tomm_A Win User

Starfield not loading

Hello Greg Connell,

Thank you for your prompt response.

It is good that you have started to load your older saved game. My apologies if the resolution steps was provided a little late it was because the topic was posted in a different category (discussion) instead of directly posting it in a question. Anyway, the most important thing is getting you back in gaming. We are glad we were still able to help you!

To help other customers searching for help on related issues, please mark the response you found most helpful by clicking “Yes” on the bottom of that post. This will ensure the helpful responses are most visible when searching (and you can vote more than once if the solution was spread over multiple posts)."

Thanks again for choosing Microsoft!

Sincerely,

5. Tomm_A Win User

Starfield not loading

Hello Greg Connell,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It appears that you're experiencing issues loading several saved Starfield games in your device. Let us work as a team to get to the bottom of this.

One of the possible causes of the game crashing when loading save files is having too many manual saves in your game folder. To fix this, you need to delete some of the excess save files and keep only the ones that you need. Here are the steps to do this on Xbox:

• Go to Settings > System > Storage > Manage storage > View contents.
    • Select Starfield and press the Menu button on your controller.
    • Select Manage game and add-ons > Saved data.
    • Delete the reserved space and the corrupted save file (it will have an exclamation mark next to it).
    • Restart your console and launch Starfield again.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

6. Mack Ongra Win User

Xbox series x won't update or install games or apps

I currently have this issue. Was in the middle of Starfield and the power went out. Didn’t come back on until 20mins later. Didn’t think to get back on because it was late. I get on after work and Starfield needs an update but none of the apps will fully load. I can open apps/ games and it’ll load but it won’t get past loading screen. I reset the Series X but kept the apps and games. And now I can’t even sign in.
Thema:

Starfield not loading

1. Starfield not loading - Similar Threads - Starfield loading

2. Cannot get starfield to load recent save on gamepass cloud. Will only load a save from 2...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot get starfield to load recent save on gamepass cloud. Will only load a save from 2...: Cannot get starfield to load recent save on gamepass cloud. Will only load a save from 2 months ago. I am not starting over. fa3c7687-65f9-4c38-814a-8e3532841706
  3. Infinite loading screen on starfield

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Infinite loading screen on starfield: How do I fix the infinite loading screen that seems to be a very popular glitch on starfield. I have an Xbox digital version and none of the keys are working and all loads are going to infinite...
  4. starfield crashes to dashboard at loading, suggestions other than canceling gamepass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    starfield crashes to dashboard at loading, suggestions other than canceling gamepass?: I like Starfield. A lot. But I don,t need the aggrivation. There is no error message. XBox X just dumps Starfield from the load last save screen to the Xbox dashboard. Started a few days ago. I am...
  5. Starfield loads directly to Microsoft store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield loads directly to Microsoft store: My starfield won't launch on my series x it just loads directly to the Microsoft store but I no longer have internet connectivity so I'm unable to get any updates....
  6. I cant load my save file on Starfield (Xcloud - Edge Browser)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant load my save file on Starfield (Xcloud - Edge Browser): I am playing Starfield from Xcloud on Edge browser. After last update, there is a lots of freezing problems on save/load moments. I closed autosaves because of this. And now I cant load my save...
  7. Starfield Cloud Gaming Crashes when loading.

in XboX Insiders
    Starfield Cloud Gaming Crashes when loading.: I’ve run into a problem over the last couple of days. When I go to play Starfield on cloud gaming I either get through the loading process or to the loading screen and the game crashes. When I...
  8. Starfield loads to black screen. With a dim slowly rotating circle,lower right hand .

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield loads to black screen. With a dim slowly rotating circle,lower right hand .: Starfield loads to black screen.dim rotating circle lower right. Restarted 3 times 5209d5cd-0791-431f-a89a-a5b2347f81a1
  9. Starfield crashing during continue game loading screen.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield crashing during continue game loading screen.: Every time I open starfield on cloud gaming it will start. I will continue game, I get to the loading screen and the app disconnects from cloud gaming. I've been having nothing but issues since...
  10. Why won’t Starfield load up via cloud gaming?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t Starfield load up via cloud gaming?: I’ve been trying to get onto Starfield via cloud gaming in by Xbox one for over an hour and keep getting the same error message. ************ “Disconnected from cloud gaming session”. Something...