Starfield - Missing save files on Xbox Series S

Discus and support Starfield - Missing save files on Xbox Series S in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was playing Starfield on my Xbox Series S. I had more than 100 hours dedicated once i lost my save. For reference i used the quicksave feature and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ivaylo Nikolov1, Oct 8, 2023.

1. Starfield - Missing save files on Xbox Series S

I was playing Starfield on my Xbox Series S.

I had more than 100 hours dedicated once i lost my save.

For reference i used the quicksave feature and it was working just fine until one day i could not load it. I had 4 quicksaves available but none of them seemed to work. I restarted my console, made sure i had enough space but nothing.

I tried to start a new game, and see if i can access my saves from there. Once i got to a point where i can save i could not see any of my previous save files. I uninstalled the game and tried to play it on the cloud. There i was able to find my save file but i was still not able to load it.

I got some error code: cVStarfield - Missing save files on Xbox Series S :eek:ztCmHJ3UbVOshWIIBHV3N.0.0

I then uninstalled and installed the game. My autosave file is there and when i load it this is the text I get: 'This save relies on content that is no longer present. Some objectsmay no longer be available. Continue Loading?

Old Mars'

I have only ever played the Starfield standard edition on my Xbox. Never used mods or played it on PC.

What am I able to do to get my files back, I really want to continue my journey and not restart, losing 100+ hours of progress.

:)

Ivaylo Nikolov1, Oct 8, 2023
  2. RichieB_ Win User

Hi Ivaylo Nikolov1,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're experiencing issues with missing save files on Starfield for your Xbox Series S. We truly understand how frustrating this can be, especially you've spent alot of time. I'll do my best to help you with this.

Firstly, have you checked if your save files are stored in the cloud? If you have enabled cloud saves, your save files may be stored there instead of on your console. To check this, please follow these steps:

1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

2. Select "Profile & system" and then "Settings".

3. Select "Devices & connections" and then "Storage".

4. Select "Manage storage" and then "Console storage".

5. Look for the Starfield game and check if your save files are stored in the cloud.

If your save files are not stored in the cloud, you can try the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Restart your console and try launching the game again.

2. Check if there are any available updates for the game and install them.

3. Uninstall and reinstall the game.

4. If you have an external hard drive, try moving the game to the external hard drive and see if the save files are still missing.

I hope this information helps you to solve your concern. We look forward for your response.

Thank you,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Ivaylo Nikolov1 Win User

Hey RichieB_

I am afraid i am stuck on step 3. When i go to Devices & Connections there is no Storage option. If I go to System there is a Storage devices option but that does not seem correct.

Is there any other way to access the cloud storage area? I feel like for Xbox Series its not an option, unlike on Xbox One.

Kind Regards,

Ivaylo
  4. RichieB_ Win User

Hi Ivaylo Nikolov1,

Thank you so much for your reply.

For this kind of issue, we really highly recommend to directly contact the game studios or Bethesda support team. They have the right tool and visibility with the game's server and they might give you a work around with your concern.

Thank you,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Jordie Simper Win User

Starfield save file not showing on Xbox Series S

But I haven’t overridden a save. I was playing less than 24 hours ago on the same console, and the save was there. But when I went to play this evening the save had gone and a new save with only 10 mins of play time was appearing. No one has been on the console in this time because I was transporting it. Im trying to find out if I can get the cloud save back.
  6. Nkosana23 Win User

Starfield save file not showing on Xbox Series S

Thema:

1. Starfield - Missing save files on Xbox Series S - Similar Threads - Starfield Missing save

2. Can I disable cloud saves? I'm out of room for saves on Starfield

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I disable cloud saves? I'm out of room for saves on Starfield: Using GamePass on PC, and I keep getting low storage warnings when I try to save. I know it's because the cloud save only allows 1gb of storage. I have deleted most of the save files, in the game...
  3. Dudemack save on starfield gave my Xbox series x a virus

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dudemack save on starfield gave my Xbox series x a virus: I went to log in on my account and all my saves were gone. I was level 55 NG3 on starfield. I just bought T-Mobile and starfield updated and all my saves said dude mack. I checked my console and...
  4. STARFIELD UPDATE 1.11.33 [beta]

in XboX Insiders
    STARFIELD UPDATE 1.11.33 [beta]: i bought the game on the xbox app this update + the fallout show made me want to play starfield again but the update is only live on Steam Beta is there a way to get it on xbox insider pc...
  5. If I send in my Xbox Starfield Controller for Repair, will I receive a Starfield edition in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I send in my Xbox Starfield Controller for Repair, will I receive a Starfield edition in...: If I send in my Xbox Starfield Controller for Repair, will I receive a Starfield edition in return? Want to make sure I don't lose my special edition controller just because it's going in for...
  6. When will the starfield headset restock?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will the starfield headset restock?: I was wondering when will the xbox starfield headset be available because I really want it and I have the money to buy it. I was waiting for month to check if it is back in stock Can someone tell...
  7. Why can't I install Starfield Premium Edition, when I paid for it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I install Starfield Premium Edition, when I paid for it?: On 9/1/23 I purchased Starfield Premium Edition on my PC through the Xbox app on PC. I am not able to re-install the Premium Edition of the game for some reason. f15a2f1d-ef4d-4917-84a6-61ba8fe16e51
  8. Starfield on win11 64bit doesn't run now

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield on win11 64bit doesn't run now: I played on win10 with starfield but now (on win11) I can't play Bethesda game issue, error code 0x800704c7 - Microsoft … 74bac5d4-8d6c-4e5f-9ac5-2948f7258f39
  9. bought starfield premium edition. NO DOWNLOAD link availbale in my microsft account! dont...

in XBoX on Windows
    bought starfield premium edition. NO DOWNLOAD link availbale in my microsft account! dont...: kinda pissed off Bough startfield premium edition through target. Got the liink to verify code. click the link and wants me to purchase again hell no. WEnt to my account. It shows both the...
  10. Starfield Save Games Missing/Lost (then restored) - GamePass SF Save Games location?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield Save Games Missing/Lost (then restored) - GamePass SF Save Games location?: EDIT: After running Xbox App repair on Starfield, redownloading 113+ GB, my save games are back!!!! Still not sure where save game files are located. I would VERY much like to backup my saves...