Starfield is crashing when I go to new game - no error on message just stops

Discus and support Starfield is crashing when I go to new game - no error on message just stops in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; On starting Starfield it asks me to start a new game then plays a little music and after 30 seconds just stops working... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by michael flynn1, Sep 1, 2023.

1. Starfield is crashing when I go to new game - no error on message just stops

On starting Starfield it asks me to start a new game then plays a little music and after 30 seconds just stops working

:)

michael flynn1, Sep 1, 2023
  2. Marrion_Y Win User

Hi michael flynn1,

Welcome to Microsoft Xbox Community Forum. I understand that you are experiencing issues with Starfield. This seems to be caused by a corrupted save file that prevents the game from loading properly. To fix this issue, please try these steps:

1. Go to Settings > System > Storage > Manage storage > View contents.

2. Select Starfield and press the Menu button on your controller.

3. Select Manage game and add-ons > Saved data.

4. Delete the reserved space and the corrupted save file (it will have an exclamation mark next to it).

5. Restart your console and launch Starfield again.

If issue persists, let's try clearing the cache on your Xbox console. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Press and hold the Xbox button on your controller to open the power center.

2. Select "Restart console."

3. Select "Restart" again to confirm.

Once your console has restarted, try launching Starfield again and see if the issue persists.

If the issue still persists, let's try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

2. Select "My games & apps."

3. Highlight Starfield and press the Menu button on your controller.

4. Select "Uninstall."

5. Once the game has been uninstalled, go to the Xbox store and reinstall the game.

If the issue still persists after reinstalling the game, it's possible that there may be a problem with the game itself. I recommend checking for any updates or patches for the game, as well as checking online forums or contacting the game's support team for further assistance.

If the issue still persists, it may be a problem with the game itself and further assistance may be needed from the game's support team: Starfield - Bethesda Support

Kind regards,
    Marrion
  3. Shadow Knight2 Win User

Bethesda and Microsoft you guys are not even trying to fix Starfield on Xbox I have done everything to try to fix the infinite crash and console overload while trying to play Starfield. This is wrong this issue needs to be you #1 priority and be fixed for all Xbox players immediately. Literally no Xbox players can play Starfield only PC players are allowed to play with 0 problems and nothing happens to thier game. You are making Xbox players furious at Both companies Bethesda and Microsoft/ Xbox. I am sick and tired of this is unacceptable 25 years in development and we get this for all Xbox players
  4. Angry Consumer01 Win User

Youre not alone. DESPITE AMD being partnered w/Bethesda on this title, I get crashes out of the blue, no errors reported in Event Viewer, nothing...just...freeze/crash. I'm running a self built rig, Ryzen 5-3600, rx580 8 GB RAM, 32 GB Corsair Vengence RAM, on Win 10. You would think after how long has it been now? A good month +, some sort of acknowledgement and patch would have come out for PC users at least, you know.....b'c AMD is sort of a major contributor in whatever way, yet the damn CPU causes the game to crash???? Ya...makes perfect sense. GG Bethesda, you've once again managed to let folks down w/your ineptness on what could of been a stellar title.

https://www.gamingbible.com/news/pl...shing-for-players-no-easy-fix-131628-20230911
  5. michael flynn1 Win User

I tried what you suggested but to no avail the file you mention keeps recreating - I am going to swap the tv I am using tomorrow to see if that makes a difference - then restore the Xbox and all the games to see if that measles a difference
  6. Marrion_Y Win User

Hi michael flynn1,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,
    Marrion
Thema:

1. Starfield is crashing when I go to new game - no error on message just stops - Similar Threads - Starfield crashing game

2. Starfield crashes upon starting new game with no error message.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield crashes upon starting new game with no error message.: The title says it all. I installed Starfield on my PC with a free month trial of Game Pass that came with it. However, I cannot play the game. Whenever I select "New Game" the game loads for a...
  3. Starfield crashes and freezes recurrently when I play on the Cloud with Game Pass for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield crashes and freezes recurrently when I play on the Cloud with Game Pass for...: I've been playing Starfield in the Cloud on my Xbox One since September 6. I took out an Ultimate subscription specifically for this game. I quickly noticed that when I play the game, after a...
  4. Even after deleting STARFIELD "Save Data" on Series S, the game crashes very frequently. I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Even after deleting STARFIELD "Save Data" on Series S, the game crashes very frequently. I...: Even after deleting STARFIELD "Save Data" on Series S, the game crashes very frequently. I need help 9988fae2-4bf1-4c16-871f-20c5a14fc725
  5. Even after deleting "Saved Data" from STARFIELD on Series S, the game crashes So Often. Am...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Even after deleting "Saved Data" from STARFIELD on Series S, the game crashes So Often. Am...: Hi all, I have been thoroughly enjoying STARFIELD on my Series S but I am getting really fed up with all the crashes. I've applied all the recommendations on the Bethesda site and still having...
  6. Starfield Cloud Gaming Crashes when loading.

in XboX Insiders
    Starfield Cloud Gaming Crashes when loading.: I’ve run into a problem over the last couple of days. When I go to play Starfield on cloud gaming I either get through the loading process or to the loading screen and the game crashes. When I...
  7. Starfield crashing during continue game loading screen.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield crashing during continue game loading screen.: Every time I open starfield on cloud gaming it will start. I will continue game, I get to the loading screen and the app disconnects from cloud gaming. I've been having nothing but issues since...
  8. Starfield crashed and now it won't start nor will it let me repair the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield crashed and now it won't start nor will it let me repair the game: My starfield crashed once at the start before you go into the tunnel that the machine is making an entrance Then after restarting and getting back there my game crashed during the cutscene where...
  9. Newer games (Starfield, Battlefield 2042 etc) crash/close themselves regularly on my Xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Newer games (Starfield, Battlefield 2042 etc) crash/close themselves regularly on my Xbox...: Newer games (Starfield, Battlefield 2042 etc) crash/close themselves regularly on my Xbox series x. I tried resetting it, even a factory reset and no joy. I purchased the new release series s for...
  10. Why starfield game is crashing constantly? I can't play the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why starfield game is crashing constantly? I can't play the game: I can't play Starfield, is crashing constantly 77a51b4a-4a7f-449d-9de4-4155485a2fe1