Starfield is crashing every five minutes even after update.

Discus and support Starfield is crashing every five minutes even after update. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Upgraded to a new Xbox X just for Starfield and the game crashes within the first four minutes of play. This occurred before and after the most recent... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Josh_291, Sep 18, 2023.

1. Josh_291
    Josh_291 Guest

Upgraded to a new Xbox X just for Starfield and the game crashes within the first four minutes of play. This occurred before and after the most recent game update. Tried all recommendations online from Microsoft, Bethesda, and various forums: deleted and installed game several times; power cycled console and ensured good airflow and cleanliness; cleared alternate MAC address; lowered frame rate to lowest setting; tried offline; deleted saved data; ensured console is up to date; restarted game; factory reset console a few times; and nothing works. This is the only game that’s making it crash.

Notified Bethesda who replied with basic recommendations and asked me to contact Microsoft. I’ve created a few trouble tickets from the console.

Any other advice?

:)

Josh_291, Sep 18, 2023
  2. Rodelio P. Win User

Hi Josh_291!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

RodelioP.
  3. Rodelio P. Win User

Hi Josh_291!

Thanks for reaching Microsoft Community. We're here to help and let's work on this together.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with Starfield on your Xbox Series X. It sounds like you've already tried a lot of troubleshooting steps, but there are a few more things you can try.

First, make sure that your Xbox Series X is fully up to date with the latest system updates. You can check for updates by going to Settings > System > Updates & downloads.

Next, try clearing the cache on your Xbox Series X. To do this, turn off your console, unplug it from the power source, and wait for 10 seconds. Then, plug it back in and turn it on.

If the issue persists, you can try contacting Xbox Support directly for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or escalate the issue to the appropriate team for further investigation.

To contact live support, please follow the guide below:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the list.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you encounter same issue and have an error message please let us know so we can forward your findings to the Internal Support Team.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

RodelioP.
  4. IsaacClarkeSNL Win User

Is GTAV crashing for anyone?

It's been crashing every five minutes when I play, I guess I'm a pretty bad driver.
  5. Doublepottere Win User

Starfield on my Xbox Series keeps crashing.

Same problem here.

starfield crash in 10/15 minutes of gameplay.
  6. implantedwall14 Win User

Dawnguard DLC Release Date!!!

It depends on how the Beta goes. If people get it and it crashes their system every five minutes they obviously have some work to do.
Thema:

1. Starfield is crashing every five minutes even after update. - Similar Threads - Starfield crashing every

2. Xbox Gamepass for PC Starfield crashes after update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Gamepass for PC Starfield crashes after update: I sincerely hope someone can help me. This isn't the first time this has happened: I'll be playing Starfield, having fun, then there's an update and suddenly I can't load. Either the game crashes...
  3. Starfield crashes upon starting new game with no error message.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield crashes upon starting new game with no error message.: The title says it all. I installed Starfield on my PC with a free month trial of Game Pass that came with it. However, I cannot play the game. Whenever I select "New Game" the game loads for a...
  4. Both Starfield and Forza crash back to my Home Screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Both Starfield and Forza crash back to my Home Screen: Both Starfield and Forza crash back to my home screen on my series x, but both play on my series s. They are downloaded to internal hard drive. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled, powercycled the...
  5. Starfield has become unplayable, CONSTANTLY crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield has become unplayable, CONSTANTLY crashing: Frustrated with losing first a Level 80 then Level 51 character, I broke down and upgraded to an Xbox Series X. My Xbox One had served me well, but Starfield was too good to quit because of my...
  6. Starfield keeps crashing in Xbox X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield keeps crashing in Xbox X: I'm very frustrated with Bethesda. Given the number of users with this problem, it should at least signal that it is working to resolve it. The first time I played, I reached level 122. Then it...
  7. Xbox serie S : Starfield [Crashes/Freezes issues]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox serie S : Starfield [Crashes/Freezes issues]: Hello I am playing Starfield on Xbox Serie S. The more I play, the less the game is stable. It crashes/freezes every one hour now (i have been playing more than 150h and the issue started around...
  8. starfield crashes to dashboard at loading, suggestions other than canceling gamepass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    starfield crashes to dashboard at loading, suggestions other than canceling gamepass?: I like Starfield. A lot. But I don,t need the aggrivation. There is no error message. XBox X just dumps Starfield from the load last save screen to the Xbox dashboard. Started a few days ago. I am...
  9. Starfield Crash on startup with error code 0x1.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield Crash on startup with error code 0x1.: I am unable to launch starfield. Every time I launch it, it gives me an error 0x1. I have allowed it through controlled folder access and reinstalled it but it still isn't working. I also have...
  10. Starfield crashes and freezes recurrently when I play on the Cloud with Game Pass for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield crashes and freezes recurrently when I play on the Cloud with Game Pass for...: I've been playing Starfield in the Cloud on my Xbox One since September 6. I took out an Ultimate subscription specifically for this game. I quickly noticed that when I play the game, after a...