STARFIELD - How do I resolve a Error code: (0xc000001d) when launching the game?

Discus and support STARFIELD - How do I resolve a Error code: (0xc000001d) when launching the game? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am having an issue launching Starfield on my pc. I keep getting a "error code 0x00000001" after 3 seconds of launch screen coming up. I have an... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Louchavelli, Sep 7, 2023.

1. Louchavelli
    Louchavelli Guest

STARFIELD - How do I resolve a Error code: (0xc000001d) when launching the game?

I am having an issue launching Starfield on my pc. I keep getting a "error code 0x00000001" after 3 seconds of launch screen coming up. I have an Ultimate subscription. I have taken the following steps to try to fix the issue:

⦁ Restarted PC

⦁ Confirmed my Xbox app and Store are the same account.

⦁ Confirm I am on the latest version of Windows:

Edition Windows 10 Pro

Version 22H2

Installed on ‎8/‎17/‎2023

OS build 19045.3393

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19044.1000.0

⦁ Reinstalled Xbox and Gaming Services apps on PC.

⦁ Ran the Gaming Services Repair Tool

⦁ Repaired game/verify files

⦁ Uninstalled/reinstalled game to multiple drives, including a SSD

None of this work. The following is a snapshot of my system:

Processor Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5690 @ 3.47GHz 3.46 GHz

Installed RAM 96.0 GB

Device ID 45CBA6FD-D41B-4405-A47F-15A4B6F6C5EC

Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA883

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Card name Radeon RX550/550 Series

Is there anything else I can do to run this game. I have no issues launching my other games.

:)

Louchavelli, Sep 7, 2023
  2. Louchavelli Win User

Bethesda was less helpful. They have updated their documentation to include that Starfield has to be installed on a SSD. That was the only support I recieved.

I have since installed it on a SSD and I'm getting the same error. I have reached out to Bethesda as it seems Microsoft are directing folks there.
  3. Juhn Jac Win User

Hi Louchavelli

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you need help with this concern. We will work together to achieve your desired resolution.

Error code 0xc000001d usually indicates a problem with the game's installation or a missing system file. Here are some additional steps you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Update your graphics card drivers to the latest version.

2. Run Windows Update to ensure that your system is up to date.

3. Disable any antivirus or firewall software temporarily and try launching the game again.

4. Try running the game as an administrator. Right-click on the game's shortcut and select "Run as administrator."

5. Try running the game in compatibility mode. Right-click on the game's shortcut, select "Properties," and then click on the "Compatibility" tab. Check the box next to "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select an earlier version of Windows from the drop-down menu.

If you still experiencing the same issue, please report your concern to Bethesda Support

We look forward to your reply.

Sincerely

Microsoft Forum Moderator
  4. Juhn Jac Win User

Hi Louchavelli

Thank you for your reply.

We have just found out that this is an ongoing issue right now, please stick with Bethedesda since they're already performing an investigation about this matter and please wait for their response.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely

Microsoft Forum Moderator
  5. Louchavelli Win User

Hi Juhn,

Unfortunately, none of those steps worked.

1) I have the latest drivers for my graphic card

2) Per my initial notes, I have the latest updates available installed

3) I have turned off my firewall and still won't launch

4) Running as administrator has no effect

5) I've tried different compatibility options and none worked.

I've already reached out Bethedesda and still no response.

thanks
  6. Courtney Noelle Win User

thank you for all of the detailed ways you tried to fix the error. I have tried all of these things as well and I am not having any luck. I'm posting 20 days after you. Did anything ever work?
Thema:

1. STARFIELD - How do I resolve a Error code: (0xc000001d) when launching the game? - Similar Threads - STARFIELD resolve Error

2. Can I disable cloud saves? I'm out of room for saves on Starfield

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I disable cloud saves? I'm out of room for saves on Starfield: Using GamePass on PC, and I keep getting low storage warnings when I try to save. I know it's because the cloud save only allows 1gb of storage. I have deleted most of the save files, in the game...
  3. Dudemack save on starfield gave my Xbox series x a virus

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dudemack save on starfield gave my Xbox series x a virus: I went to log in on my account and all my saves were gone. I was level 55 NG3 on starfield. I just bought T-Mobile and starfield updated and all my saves said dude mack. I checked my console and...
  4. STARFIELD UPDATE 1.11.33 [beta]

in XboX Insiders
    STARFIELD UPDATE 1.11.33 [beta]: i bought the game on the xbox app this update + the fallout show made me want to play starfield again but the update is only live on Steam Beta is there a way to get it on xbox insider pc...
  5. If I send in my Xbox Starfield Controller for Repair, will I receive a Starfield edition in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I send in my Xbox Starfield Controller for Repair, will I receive a Starfield edition in...: If I send in my Xbox Starfield Controller for Repair, will I receive a Starfield edition in return? Want to make sure I don't lose my special edition controller just because it's going in for...
  6. When will the starfield headset restock?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will the starfield headset restock?: I was wondering when will the xbox starfield headset be available because I really want it and I have the money to buy it. I was waiting for month to check if it is back in stock Can someone tell...
  7. Why can't I install Starfield Premium Edition, when I paid for it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I install Starfield Premium Edition, when I paid for it?: On 9/1/23 I purchased Starfield Premium Edition on my PC through the Xbox app on PC. I am not able to re-install the Premium Edition of the game for some reason. f15a2f1d-ef4d-4917-84a6-61ba8fe16e51
  8. Starfield on win11 64bit doesn't run now

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield on win11 64bit doesn't run now: I played on win10 with starfield but now (on win11) I can't play Bethesda game issue, error code 0x800704c7 - Microsoft … 74bac5d4-8d6c-4e5f-9ac5-2948f7258f39
  9. bought starfield premium edition. NO DOWNLOAD link availbale in my microsft account! dont...

in XBoX on Windows
    bought starfield premium edition. NO DOWNLOAD link availbale in my microsft account! dont...: kinda pissed off Bough startfield premium edition through target. Got the liink to verify code. click the link and wants me to purchase again hell no. WEnt to my account. It shows both the...
  10. Starfield freezing on Home Screen (Xbox Series X)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield freezing on Home Screen (Xbox Series X): Hello! We were playing starfield last night (12/28). After we turned off the game, we ate dinner then went to play again. Upon reaching the Home Screen where it says “press any button to start”...