Starfield - Game froze, restarted game and all memory wiped.

Discus and support Starfield - Game froze, restarted game and all memory wiped. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was streaming Starfield via Cloudgaming on an Xbox One. The game froze and after a couple minutes of waiting, I closed the game and reopened it.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JustinS2223, Oct 4, 2023.

1. JustinS2223
    JustinS2223 Guest

I was streaming Starfield via Cloudgaming on an Xbox One. The game froze and after a couple minutes of waiting, I closed the game and reopened it. Saved game data is no longer present. Pictures and setting information is preset, but no game data.
    I managed the game with minimum saves> 1 game save & 2 autosaves.

Checking here and the console, I'm not able to access the Cloud memory to see if it's present. I've cleared the recent cache as others have said this has resolved the issue for them, but not for my scenario. Any help you can provide?

:)

JustinS2223, Oct 4, 2023
  2. Sgt D Rockman Win User

same thing happened to me yesterday and can't fix it either
  3. Sgt D Rockman Win User

same here. happened to me last night and still can't access the cloud saves
  4. HassanB Win User

Console froze--game save wiped.

Hi,

Sorry, it seems you've already done the main troubleshooting of turning the console off and back on, as well as moving the save file. If neither of those work then you'd have to unfortunately start again. There would be no way to recover that save game progress.
  5. GrzegorzBak Win User

this is not very common as it usually happens when game saves data and suddenly console crashes so the saae game file gets corrupted during save process. as Hassassinade said you are unable to recover data and there is no way to avoid this. the backup file
    for the future is the only solution.
  6. DivineJustiniaV Win User

Do you think it will happen again? I'm really nervous about starting all over again just to lose it, again.
Thema:

1. Starfield - Game froze, restarted game and all memory wiped. - Similar Threads - Starfield Game froze

2. Starfield crashes upon starting new game with no error message.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield crashes upon starting new game with no error message.: The title says it all. I installed Starfield on my PC with a free month trial of Game Pass that came with it. However, I cannot play the game. Whenever I select "New Game" the game loads for a...
  3. How do I turn off cloud saving for Starfield on Game Pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I turn off cloud saving for Starfield on Game Pass?: I only have 5gb of onedrive, and I need to turn off cloud saving. I dont use it anyway and I wont be blackmailed into buying more storage that I dont want. a5104da8-f63a-4b50-82a4-235951397600
  4. Starfield cloud gaming freezes

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield cloud gaming freezes: Hello, I am having constant freezes playing Starfield via the Cloud, each time when accessing the menu and after playing for about 45 mn or just over one hour. The issue is the same on pc and...
  5. Starfield on Xbox Game Pass for PC cloud saves?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield on Xbox Game Pass for PC cloud saves?: I have been having a hell of a time with Starfield for PC through the Game Pass. It seems every time there is an update to the game, when I try to start the game it instantly crashes. After hours...
  6. I cannot find Starfield in my store or in my Game Pass account, why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot find Starfield in my store or in my Game Pass account, why?: Hi, I'm from Turkey. Have got games pass for pc but can't see Starfield on the list hence not able to download it. Could you help me please? 074664e4-709e-4bf6-b14a-da92459740b6
  7. Why is starfield freezing every time it tries to autosave? I'm playing via cloud gaming.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is starfield freezing every time it tries to autosave? I'm playing via cloud gaming.: Why is Starfield freezing every time it tries to autosave? I keep my saves low, so what gives? d2d4d936-67ca-4a9c-ad32-5c8076b544e0
  8. When I try to play some games like starfield, halo or gears of war I get a completely green...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I try to play some games like starfield, halo or gears of war I get a completely green...: When I try to play some games like starfield, halo or gears of war I get a completely green screen but if I play humankind it works perfectly. Not sure what's going on. If it's the tv as it never...
  9. Starfield - Game froze, restarted game and all memory wiped.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield - Game froze, restarted game and all memory wiped.: The game froze and after a couple minutes of waiting, I closed the game and reopened it. Saved game data is no longer present. Pictures and setting information is preset, but no game data. I...
  10. Starfield game froze and will not launch. How can this be fixed?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield game froze and will not launch. How can this be fixed?: Have been playing starfield about 16 hours. Now for past 2 days it will not launch and only shows frozen screen of a planet. No buttons on controller will do anything. My game is on game pass....